Medishield for infant

npoheng

Hi, i have received a letter from CPF board asking us to enrol our baby into the medishield program. After posting out the letter for a few days, CPF called me and saying that they noticed that the doctor stated in the report that my child having difficulties feeding during birth and asked me whether how is my baby now. I told her that she is ok and feeding well, however, she wants me to commmit whether is my baby ok or not. I told her that i cant be deciding whether my baby is ok or not as i am not a doctor and i would let her know after my first visit to the KK pediatrician.

My question is if my baby is diagnosed with difficulty feeding, would the insurance company outside reject her application for insurance coverage cause according to the CPF medisheld staff, they have the right to reject her application for medishield.

fioncess

Hi, i have received a letter from CPF board asking us to enrol our baby into the medishield program. After posting out the letter for a few days, CPF called me and saying that they noticed that the doctor stated in the report that my child having difficulties feeding during birth and asked me whether how is my baby now. I told her that she is ok and feeding well, however, she wants me to commmit whether is my baby ok or not. I told her that i cant be deciding whether my baby is ok or not as i am not a doctor and i would let her know after my first visit to the KK pediatrician.

My question is if my baby is diagnosed with difficulty feeding, would the insurance company outside reject her application for insurance coverage cause according to the CPF medisheld staff, they have the right to reject her application for medishield.
they will not reject jus based on tele conversation..
if you baby really have diffculity feeding they will ask u to give doc report.
and its the underwriter tt decide whether they wil cover ur baby not the medishield stuff....
dun worry abt it... need any query jus pm mi...

apollo

i agree with fioncess.. they will not decide whether ur baby can be covered by medishield based on ur 'ans'.. need a pd to determine. btw, some babies will have difficulties feeding at first but aft few days or weeks things will get better and since ur baby is dirnking well, shdntbe a pro. i think the pd HAS to record down any pro ur baby was facing even it is just a 'minor' issue at tt time, for reference =)

shopaholic

It's probably just to clarify their doubts. I dont think they will reject the application based on difficulty in feeding. This is such a common problem among infants. My first child has this too, was even warded in special care ward due to this but Medishield did not reject the application at all. Dont worry yeah?

Now I'm applying Incomeshield for my baby and they also asked a lot of questions through my agent, due to his jaundice. Guess insurers are getting more cautious.

deelady

So how's the status already? have they accepted?