menses.... wondering???

shirasefira

been breastfeeding my gerl eversince she was born.. menses still havent come... wonder when it will come... is it normal menses to come late for bf mothers... i hope im nt pregnant again..

ohstrawberry

Mine come yesterday when baby is 4.5mths, thought will come even later cause i'm still bfing.

been breastfeeding my gerl eversince she was born.. menses still havent come... wonder when it will come... is it normal menses to come late for bf mothers... i hope im not pregnant again..

meiteoh

Breastfeeding is not a form of birth control (neither is the withdrawal method). :p

Even if you are BFing and you don't get your period, you can still hit the jackpot - happened to a number of my friends.

Usually the lack of menses will occur with women who have been exclusively breastfeeding but it still varies. Some women get it like 4 mths into their menses. Others later. Some over a year. I got mine just before Eva started solid food - when I dropped one of her night feeds. It's normal.

IF you suspect that it's because of the result of a romp with the spouse, then better get a test. :)