menses?

jiabies

i heard that if you breastfeed, you won't have menses? but i have been full breastfeeding for a month plus, and i just had my menses, is it normal?

eileenpxp

i heard that if you breastfeed, you won't have menses? but i have been full breastfeeding for a month plus, and i just had my menses, is it normal?
it varies from case to case: my friend has hers while Bfing..mine did come (slight stains) when I bf my 1st child (i bf not much though)

Now as i m bf my 2nd child, menses stopped for 2 plus months since the lst time it stopped after giving birth...i must admit i bfing more extensively now (80%, still give my son some formula once/ twice a day)..

meiteoh

I just got mine after four months of BFing 100% - but it's not really like how my menses was pre-pregnancy. It's just dark brown discharge.

Like eileen mentioned, it really depends on the individual. Some women get theirs soon after delivery; others are like myself, months after and some don't get it for as long as they are BFing.

snowbear

I got mine when bb was 3mths old then it disappeared and only came back when she was 6mths old then 8 mths and finally stabilised back to a 28-day cycle after tt. The LC and doc i spoke to say that this is absolutely normal. :)

chiro

mine havent come yet. Been pumping 3 times at work and latching him on at home, son now on fm 50% of the time

Shirix

i had my menses in the 2nd months... that time, i'm on full bf... but everytime, menses come, my supply will drop by 30%, which is quite sad, as i already not producing enough for my baby now... :( and my cycle is back to normal ever since..

i heard from some people said that your menses come back only if you are not producing enough/less milk... dunno how truth is it...

jiabies

i had my menses in the 2nd months... that time, i'm on full bf... but everytime, menses come, my supply will drop by 30%, which is quite sad, as i already not producing enough for my baby now... :( and my cycle is back to normal ever since..

i heard from some people said that your menses come back only if you are not producing enough/less milk... dont know how truth is it...
i'm not sure if i'm producin enough milk, but my baby always drink and go back sleep. and he has been gaining weight.

i think maybe i'll ask my gynae about the menses when i go back for my check up.

hate having menses!!! :(

meiteoh

i heard from some people said that your menses come back only if you are not producing enough/less milk... dont know how truth is it...
Nah, I don't think it's true. Have friends who got their menses in the first few months and they are producing over 8 ozs of milk a day.