Microphone recording in background not working on Android 12

JaneBower

Hello,
I'm experiencing an issue with one of my macros I use to record microphone audio in the background. Every time I turn the screen off, the recording is stopped.

I tried to look for a solution, and, as it turns out, apps cannot access the camera/microphone in the background by default ever since Android 11.
When I try to modify MacroDroid's microphone permissions, I'm only given a choice to allow its usage while 'using the app'.

Would there be some way to resolve this issue? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22 with Android 12.

olivi1980

Hi. I just joined the forum and saw your thread, so I wanted to share some thoughts. So, there are a few things you can try to enhance your ASMR recording experience. One option is to invest in an external microphone specifically designed for ASMR recordings. These microphones are designed to capture sounds in a more precise and immersive way, which can greatly enhance the quality of your recordings. Check more reviews on https://asmrmicrophones.com/. Some popular microphones for ASMR include the Blue Yeti, Rode NT1, and Audio-Technica AT2020. These microphones offer excellent sound quality and are widely recommended by ASMR content creators. Additionally, using a microphone with a pop filter can help reduce unwanted noise and improve the overall clarity of your recordings. You also may want to consider using dedicated ASMR recording apps instead of relying solely on MacroDroid. These apps often have advanced features and settings specifically tailored for ASMR recordings, allowing you to fine-tune your audio to perfection. Lastly, keeping your device up to date with the latest software updates can help ensure that you have the best possible experience.