MIL issues....

Eleanor

Hi all, just wana get some opinions on my issue below;
My baby is now 3mths. My MIL is the one taking care of him as i have already started going back to work. My question is, are you ok with your in laws bringing baby out without your knowledge? Even if its to the shopping centre just below your house?
My MiL says she does not see the need to inform me if she is just going downstairs with baby but i feel otherwise. Although i would be at work and wouldn't know if she brought him out or not, however i feel that as his mum, it is only right that she could at least inform me.
This has caused me to be very apprehensive not knowing when she actually brings my baby out.
If u r me will you feel the same way?
Advice appreciated!

Win Won

Hi Eleanor,

MIL issues are always very touchy…
Does yr husband see yr pt of view i.e. needing to inform either u or him? If yes, perhaps it's easier for his mum to call him to tell him on the shopping trips than to call u?
He can text u once he call? maybe such arrangement will be better btw yr mil and yrself.
Hope i help...

truetrue

depending. to me... dwnstairs nearby is ok. but if need to travel out by bus or car( taxi) etc...going got more than 3hrs.. then yes lah. I mean even for me.. its kinda boring to stay home with the baby the whole day.. i would like to go out and take a breather... if everyday also call me to inform me then since i wun even say no.. so dont bother. but if baby not feeling well etc.. i would then let her know in advance today best dont bring him out. unless you can not trust her lah. i mean its hard to 'tie her down' becos she help to to look after. She happy then she will also take good care of the baby. on n off u can jus call her... ask her if she taken lunch... baby got naughty etc... also show concern to her .. not only baby. show appreciation. its really tough to look after baby .... so i guess its jus normal to think of bringing bb dwn for a walk. as long as she knows what she is doing lah.

fkl28

sometimes if baby is taken care by relative..it is v hard to be in control of what will happen..

Judy0801

give her a break

She is ur MIL, not ur maid... I believe she won't left ur baby (her own grand child) unattended if bring go out right... everyday stay at home also bored right... go downstair for a walk is fine isn't it?

if u r at hm looking after ur kid, dun u find troublesome if even go downstair walk walk also have to inform ur hubby? since u let her take care den have trust in her...

if its maid den diff issue la... but she ur mil leh...

unless she go far far den have to say la... I think only downstair is fine lor... she also nd to have a walk right... let ur child breath some fresh air n see tree also gd right...

PTB7476

will you react the same way if IT is your own mother that did that ?
personally i have no problem with it .. if mother or MIL can take of us / your hubby until grown up they will have experience on how to handle the baby
beside the grandson is their bloodline, they wont harm the babay unlike maid, total stranger ... that is when it is unpredictable what they will do the baby