milk powder/milk consumption?

joymommy

Dear mommies, just to check with you if u drink milk I.e. HL milk or milk powder? Doc recommends me not to drink milk powder. But I just want to check with you mommies.. thanks in adv

KiBin

are you pregnant now or breastfeeding?

did your doc say anything for not drinking milk powder?

joymommy

KiBin:769634 said:
are you pregnant now or breastfeeding?

did your doc say anything for not drinking milk powder?
Pregnant now. Doc says not to drink milk powder. drink HL milk all these instead...

KiBin

did you ask your Gynae why not to drink?

I suppose you are in your 1st trimester?

Is it because you have more gas? I heard before that if you have a lot of gas, drinking milk will have even more gas...

joymommy

KiBin:769876 said:
did you ask your Gynae why not to drink?

I suppose you are in your 1st trimester?

Is it because you have more gas? I heard before that if you have a lot of gas, drinking milk will have even more gas...
Gynae got say but I forgot alr. Ya I am in my 1st trimester.

I don't know if drink milk will have more gas or not... But I tot milk is harmless. Don't know what to drink

KiBin

I don't know if drink milk will have more gas or not... But I tot milk is harmless. Don't know what to drink
Yup, i heard before about milk is that for some people when they drink milk will have more gas.. not sure if yours also same reason.. maybe you can ask your gynae what else can.. they mostly will say what cannot but seldom say what can.. cos there are so much types of food around..

ask him when you go for your next checkup and he might have a list of food to avoid or food you can eat...

skt

most will be recommended to drink milk powder I thought... Nevertheless, HL milk is also ok for me though my friend recommends me anmum for pregnant mummies.

joymommy

KiBin:769883 said:

Yup, i heard before about milk is that for some people when they drink milk will have more gas.. not sure if yours also same reason.. maybe you can ask your gynae what else can.. they mostly will say what cannot but seldom say what can.. cos there are so much types of food around..

ask him when you go for your next checkup and he might have a list of food to avoid or food you can eat...
Oh I shld check it out with my gynae. Cos he told me not to drink milk powder only. But I tot milk powder is better.

Meanwhile I am drinking magnolia high cal low fat milk. Shld be ok. :)

joymommy

skt:769947 said:
most will be recommended to drink milk powder I thought... Nevertheless, HL milk is also ok for me though my friend recommends me anmum for pregnant mummies.
Annum is good for preg mom? Do they have samples?? I feel like trying milk powder instead leh. Hee

Qookie

Milk power somehow never taste good to me. All the brands taste terrible, except one that had chocolate flavour (but that's abit heaty). So i ended up taking HL, Greenfields, Meiji milk, etc. instead. Those high calcium, low fat milk.

joymommy

Qookie:770017 said:
Milk power somehow never taste good to me. All the brands taste terrible, except one that had chocolate flavour (but that's abit heaty). So i ended up taking HL, Greenfields, Meiji milk, etc. instead. Those high calcium, low fat milk.
Hi qookie so u mean u didn't take milk powder in the end? Hmm when u drink those milk do u heat it up first? I was jus wondering... Cos hot milk is better right...

CYin

Hi joymommy,
I asked my gynae about taking milk powder too. She said, of course those formula milk got a lot of added good stuff for the baby, but we also dont want the baby to be come too big later on. Somemore first tri, the baby is soo small she doesnt need that much nutrition yet. So she asked me to start with normal milk first and we'll see how it goes later. I'm in my 1st tri too.

KiBin

btw, maybe you can ask the counter staff at your Gynae and see if there are free milk samples... :p

can try out before buying the big tins...

joymommy

CYin:771213 said:
Hi joymommy,
I asked my gynae about taking milk powder too. She said, of course those formula milk got a lot of added good stuff for the baby, but we also dont want the baby to be come too big later on. Somemore first tri, the baby is soo small she doesnt need that much nutrition yet. So she asked me to start with normal milk first and we'll see how it goes later. I'm in my 1st tri too.
Hi cyin, oh this is the reason why we can't drink milk powder? Hee. Now I know. So what milk u drinking now? I am drinking magnolia hi cal low fat one, will warm it up w microwave before drinking lo. But microwave too much also not good leh. :(

joymommy

KiBin:771717 said:
btw, maybe you can ask the counter staff at your Gynae and see if there are free milk samples... :p

can try out before buying the big tins...
Hi kibin, u mean they provide free milk samples? Mine is at TMC and I nv heard abt it leh. U got the free sample?

KiBin

Hi kibin, u mean they provide free milk samples? Mine is at TMC and I nv heard abt it leh. U got the free sample?
i know they provide milk powder for babies (step 2 versions) for some gynae.. not sure about TMC.. so no harm asking for mummy versions.. although need to be thick skin :p

i remember if you register for abbott or one of those milk powder companies and some of them will mail you the sample milk powders for mummies..

sicapie

My gynae mentioned that both milk powder & fresh milk are equally good. But definitely milk powder contains more nutrients, but not all mummies like the taste of the milk powder. For me, I will have a glass of FarmHouse Low Fat High Calcium fresh milk and a glass of milk powder (Enfa A+ Chocolate) a day. A bit kiasu. :p

joymommy

KiBin:771967 said:
i know they provide milk powder for babies (step 2 versions) for some gynae.. not sure about TMC.. so no harm asking for mummy versions.. although need to be thick skin :p

i remember if you register for abbott or one of those milk powder companies and some of them will mail you the sample milk powders for mummies..
Ok I will try asking next time when I go to gynae. I actu registered Abbott for the free samples quite sometimes back but till to date I haven't receive it. I think they just ignored my request. Sigh :eek:

joymommy

sicapie:772072 said:
My gynae mentioned that both milk powder & fresh milk are equally good. But definitely milk powder contains more nutrients, but not all mummies like the taste of the milk powder. For me, I will have a glass of FarmHouse Low Fat High Calcium fresh milk and a glass of milk powder (Enfa A+ Chocolate) a day. A bit kiasu. :p
Enfa A+ chocolate tastes good? I am thinking of getting but hearing doc suggests not to get, i as contemplating lo.. hee. :eek:

sicapie

Enfa A+ chocolate tastes good? I am thinking of getting but hearing doc suggests not to get, i as contemplating lo.. hee. :eek:
The taste is definitely not those chocolatey yummy type. But it taste better than other milk formula. I will be buying my next tin once I've finish the current one. :)