Milk powder will not dissolve...

angelaong

Mummies, really need your help. My baby just had a switch in milk powder and besides having lots of air bubbles, main problem is the powder will not dissolve and will block the teat till my baby is frustrated to continue sucking.

I have tried shaking the bottle ( bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles), tried stirring with spoon, tried putting powder first then water, tried water first then powder.

Really need some advice what else can i do as baby is having blocked nose now too and he refuses to drink as requires more effort with the constant blocked teat. Thanks in advance!

KLTan

I always put abit of hot water first, follow by powder. Shake the bottle lightly to dissolve the powder first and lastly follow by warm water..

mskyliee

What I do is add hot water and room temp water to the amt I want.... then add powder... don't shake the bottle. Stir it instead.. if there is still milk powder not dissolved, I will a spoon and press the powder. In a method of press it and then stir the bottle way..

Ladies, I read that it is not a good idea to put milk powder directly into hot water as the hot water will kill the pro and pre biotics in it. Best is mix in warm water (ard body temp).

which milk powder you givng? cos I dun experience this with similac or gain iq. as for your baby's blocked nose, when my boy had blocked nose and had prob sucking fr milk bott, I gave him the straw bott. sometimes i would spoon feed him as well. no point forcing him to drink fr bott when he has blocked nose cos he may b frustrated and din wan want to drink.

kylnn

My baby drinks Mamil Gold, and so far no problems with regards to dissolving the powder. Perhaps ur water is not warm enough? Or are u using too much milk powder?

msck

Hi, how long is tt tin opened?

I was told by a nurse n a confinement lady before tt milk powder for baby cannot open for more than 1 mth. After 1MTH, should not give to bb. Adult should drink if dun wan to waste.