milk rash?

newmum80

is it normal for babies to develop milk rash at a later stage, my son since day 1 have smooth complexion and it only started when he is ard 5 mths+, i've tried using cool boiled water to wipe around his mouth and chin area but can still feel it's rough like sandpaper, any ways to make it smoother.

ben10

Alpha Male
Could be due to drooling coz of teething? Baby Ben drool a lot when he was 5 months and I need to wipe his mouth very often or else its always wet.

moonity

My baby is 2mths old, recently last 2 weeks, she developed red rashes which is rough and dry on her cheeks as well. I brought her to the PD last week and PD said that she has sensitive skin and he prescribe medication for her and she is recovering.

Or if you are still uncomfortable, call the Thomson Medical and check with them.

Hotline: 9119 3502 or 6251 4090

nataliecxy

Milk rash is often due to proteins in milk that trigger an allergy.

If your baby is breastfed, you have to remove dairy and soy protein from your diet.

The following are some of the foods that may contain dairy or soy protein:
  • All dairy and soy products
  • Meat/processed meats
  • Nutrition bars
  • Chocolate
  • Cheese/Yogurt
  • Salad dressing

angelwendy

Sorry to share this threat... My boy now 6 weeks is also having milk rash... & sometime it become red & I feel that is painful.. =( I do wipe his mouth & chin as well.. Any mummy can intro any cream?? I tried put baby Johnson lotion.. But no use.. & I don't dare put too much as his mitten will go wipe his face...

sharonyi66

Mummies,

When Inez was 3 weeks old, she has very bad rashes on her cheek. Some ppl said is milk rash, some said is heat rash. I brought her to GP but becoz she's only 3 wks old, the GP doesn't wanna give any medicated cream for her and just told me to use cool boiled water to wipe her face after every milk feed.

That time I was so desperate for her to get recover soon coz it's gonna be her Baby Shower day in few days time. I bought few types of organic face cream, caladula face cream and even resorted to boiled Jin Ying Hua tea leave to wipe her face and oso bought Pearl powder to feed and rub on her face too! But, non of them works...

More ridiculous is tat, my neighbour ask me to use her own urine to wipe her face!! Guess some mummies might heard this method b4 but pls dun try.. Is so unhygienic.. Of coz i didn't try it on Inez!

Ended up I still have to bring her to e PD.. and was given this 'Canesten HC' cream to apply thinly on e rash. By e next day, e rashes recover alot. ( tat show how strong e med is). After w rashes gone within 3 days, her face started to turn rough, tight and dry. When I brought her to KK for check up, her PD gave me this 'QV Cream for Repair Dry Skin' trial size and I find this cream is super!! Aft few times of applied, her face start to smooth back and no longer feel tight and dry.

The Canesten HC cream I saw it at Watson phamacy b4 and for e QV cream, try to ask trial size from yr doc to try it 1st to c if it works on yr babies b4 buying it as it comes in a big size and is quite costly...

ben10

Alpha Male
Ben was prescribed by my pd Fungicort to apply on his cheeks when he was about 3 months. It works wonders, 24 hrs immediate effect. But I was concern that the medication might be too strong for his delicate skin so I normally apply only when he sleeps so he won't eat it once he rubs his face and apply VERY thinly. I used it for 2 nights and all gone. Ultimately, it's still keeping his face clean from his salivation and clean after milk is still the best to keep rash at bay. So clean his cheeks often with boiled cool water gently as often as possible.

newmum80

Ben was prescribed by my pediatrician Fungicort to apply on his cheeks when he was about 3 months. It works wonders, 24 hours immediate effect. But I was concern that the medication might be too strong for his delicate skin so I normally apply only when he sleeps so he won't eat it once he rubs his face and apply VERY thinly. I used it for 2 nights and all gone. Ultimately, it's still keeping his face clean from his salivation and clean after milk is still the best to keep rash at bay. So clean his cheeks often with boiled cool water gently as often as possible.
i ever brought him for his jab last month and also check on his rash to confirm is it milk rash, doc said it is milk rash and advice me to use cool boiled water to clean it but i dun see it is recovering frm it. By the way, the rash even extend to his neck area and little bit ard his left and right cheek right below his eyes area..

moonity

My PD gave me he Hydroderm Cream for my babygal and as usual, advised me to use the cool boiled water to clean her face.

After applying the cream, 4 days later, the redness has disappear but can feel the rough skin, any mummys wanna recommend some cream for her face?:nah:

breadgal

Mummies,

When Inez was 3 weeks old, she has very bad rashes on her cheek. Some ppl said is milk rash, some said is heat rash. I brought her to GP but becoz she's only 3 wks old, the GP doesn't wanna give any medicated cream for her and just told me to use cool boiled water to wipe her face after every milk feed.

That time I was so desperate for her to get recover soon coz it's gonna be her Baby Shower day in few days time. I bought few types of organic face cream, caladula face cream and even resorted to boiled Jin Ying Hua tea leave to wipe her face and also bought Pearl powder to feed and rub on her face too! But, non of them works...

More ridiculous is that, my neighbour ask me to use her own urine to wipe her face!! Guess some mummies might heard this method before but pls dont try.. Is so unhygienic.. Of coz i didn't try it on Inez!

Ended up I still have to bring her to e pediatrician.. and was given this 'Canesten HC' cream to apply thinly on e rash. By e next day, e rashes recover alot. ( that show how strong e med is). After w rashes gone within 3 days, her face started to turn rough, tight and dry. When I brought her to KK for check up, her pediatrician gave me this 'QV Cream for Repair Dry Skin' trial size and I find this cream is super!! after few times of applied, her face start to smooth back and no longer feel tight and dry.

The Canesten HC cream I saw it at Watson phamacy before and for e QV cream, try to ask trial size from yr doc to try it 1st to c if it works on yr babies before buying it as it comes in a big size and is quite costly...

oh.. haha.. as my mum was a nanny.. so i decided to give it a try the urine method.. maybe i lucky ba.. it's works.. but was told it only works for the 1st few months of new born .. mayb as their intake is only milk so urine still consider clean..

well i will try it out wif my no. 2 ( still in process, haha) and let u all noe whether tis myth is true or not.. haha