milky smell in the bottles

cn naz

Hi mommies,

Any idea how to get rid of milk smell in baby's bottles? I always wash and sterilize them after use. But lately I notice a milky smell in the clean bottles. I googled and found that vinegar or baking soda helped but I have no idea how to use them. I'm a FTM. Any ideas?

juzme

i did use vinegar to remove the smell. i put some vinegar into the milk bottle and add warm water, leave it overnight and in the morning wash and sterilize the bottle again.

Alisa

i use liquid detegent with brush to rub the bottle. no smell. by the way, i am using glass bottle so earier to maintain.

MichelJone

Hello,

Milk turns sour very quickly when it is left at room temperature. Glass baby bottles won't hold onto the odor easily (although the nipples might); plastic bottles tend to absorb odors quickly, leaving the bottle with a foul smell even after normal washing.

Get a large plastic bowl or bucket, large enough that will allow you to submerge the bottle . Add 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda, then add enough hot water to fully cover the bottle. If needed, place sometime heavy on top to keep it submurged. Allow the bottle/mug to sit for 12-24 hours (the longer, the better!) Remove, rinse then wash in dishwasher or handwash with hot soapy water as normal.

Thanks and Regards,
Michel Jone

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tommee Tippee Bottles[/FONT]