Miscarriage but not super emotional about it, normal?

Haleymummy

I just got information today with the gynae that I miscarriage today. About 6 weeks.
To some extent, it seemed like a few things led to this to happen the past week, yet the doc confirm that nothing external had caused it at such an early stage..unless I had a bad fall and I hit my tummy which didn't happen.

Had sex on Sunday, got traces of blood. Then Wednesday and Thursday had something that looked like an infection, had a tablet inserted to treat for anti fungal. Had discharge clear and Then there was still blood. First time felt mild cramps in my lower abdominal yesterday afternoon which I didn't felt throughout the earlier few weeks. In face I did not have any adverse pregnancy symptoms at all the whole time. Went to the gynae yesterday She noticed that the sac was sliding downwards and She honestly told me that She don't think this pregnancy will survive. Blatantly. The cramps intensity increased throughout the evening till it's more pain that discomfort. I took parasol, wore a pad and go to sleep. Morning when I woke up, I felt fine But when I went to the toilet, out dropped a blop of blood clot thingy and on my pad was blood amount like menses. More than any of the spotting in the early few days. And there was a jelly like substance on my pad. Circular, 1cm. Showered and went to the gynae, She confirmed I miscarried. And cleared out the rest of the bloody mass below.

She said that at this stage, the body Does the decision on whether the fetus is a healthy outcome if not it will dispel it out
Only the strongest lives on. Genes of the egg and the sperm that got fertilized was not strong enough to survive the pregnancy. Rationally I think I would rather it this way too that to"force" an unhealthy baby into the world just to let him suffer right? Plus it happened early, So damage was not done to my body. Doc just say to rest and that there will be more blood to discharge out for the next few days and body reset it's clock So my next menses will be in jan and to Maybe let the body recharge for 2 menstrual cycle before trying again after feb's menses.

I mean everything made sense to me. My husband took a hit in the heart and the pocket But I feel like nature has it's way to do this. Maybe this pregnancy really wasn't viable? Not strong? Why force it? I have not done anything to cause it to happen? I am not sure whether am I still dumb founded to have any emotions or reaction But I kind of feel like I'm not super duper shattered by it. Yes I feel it's quite "ke xi " that it had to end this way. But if it had to end, I rather it end earlier my body recover faster, life goes on and try again than weeks and months down the road Then find out it couldn't survive especially when you can already start hearing the heartbeats and seeing it inside u. By the way, during this whole time there wasn't any seed in the "black hole". I mean, am I right?

Nianie

Dear Haleymummy, sorry about your loss..

Below information is what I had retrieve from a website : -

The reason for miscarriage is varied, and most often the cause cannot be identified. During the first trimester, the most common cause of miscarriage is chromosomal abnormality – meaning that something is not correct with the baby’s chromosomes. Most chromosomal abnormalities are the cause of a damaged egg or sperm cell, or are due to a problem at the time that the zygote went through the division process.

Other causes for miscarriage include (but are not limited to):

• Hormonal problems, infections or maternal health problems
  • Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drug use, malnutrition, excessive caffeine and exposure to radiation or toxic substances)
  • Implantation of the egg into the uterine lining does not occur properly
  • Maternal age
  • Maternal trauma

Factors that are not proven to cause miscarriage are sex, working outside the home (unless in a harmful environment) or moderate exercise.

Please do not think that you had do something to lead to this miscarriage. I totally understand how you feel right now. I was diagnosed with threatened miscarriage and me & my hubby are taking it easy as we had told ourselves that in the worst case scenario, if this baby does not stay, we will not be super emotional about it.. we will just move on and try for another one.

Haleymummy

When were you diagnosed with threatened miscarriage? Now? While you are typing this message? Did the doc put the stabilizer medz? how many weeks? Sigh..
Some how something triggered me to start trying sooner than later, ASAP. It's like trying to replace the loss...

Nianie

Yes, even when I am typing this message now, I am still in the risk of miscarrying my baby. My gynae has already given me progesterone jab plus utrogestan pills to be consumed thrice daily and lots of MC. I was in my 6 weeks when diagnosed with threatened miscarriage, now I am into my 10 weeks...

Don't stress too much about TTC again, let your body rest for maybe 2 more cycles before trying again. This is to make sure your body will be at the most optimal condition when you are pregnant.

All the best