miscarriage

Amulet

Count as 1 child? what is the rational behind this? so weird one...
so if your friend did all 3 abortions at govt hospital, does this mean when her "fourth child" is born, less govt benefits??:err:​
i think it's becoz they count how many times u pregnant be4.. quite logical ma.. children u aborted or miscarried, is still ur own flesh and blood after all..

apollo

so if your friend did all 3 abortions at govt hospital, does this mean when her "fourth child" is born, less govt benefits??:err:​
no this way lar... haha... it means u have how many child 'before'...lik me, when i gave birth to ds, they stated that this is my 2nd preg but 1st born baby..

apollo

i think it's becoz they count how many times you pregnant be4.. quite logical .. children you aborted or miscarried, is still your own flesh and blood after all..
agree... even till now, i will still xiang dao my 1st preg baby though it was with me for only 11 weeks.....

hope seow

Hi Mummies,

I am pregnant 7 weeks. today I was told fetus no heartbeat.doctor say i must miscarriage. Appreciate if anyone can recommend a good gynae for miscarriage. now my gynae is Dr Lawrence Ang. I know he is a good doctor. Anyone know he is also good at miscarriage operation? Anyone can share op exerince? very painful during operation?
Hi, perhaps you would like to wait till about week 8 before carrying out the D&C cos some may detect heartbeat later, will be better to seek for 2nd opinion b4 your final decision. I had my first D&C done when the foetus was 10 weeks old after going for 2 different opinions. My first gyane is Dr Peter Chew from GE and the 2nd opinion is Dr KC Yeo at THomson. prefer Dr Yeo cos his pricing is more reasonable and very professional.

Don't be too discourage if really have to go through it. I have my first kid 2 months later after my D&C. Do nurse back your body by taking confinement food for at least 1-2 weeks.

izanyzam

in govt hospital, you abort 1 = you had 1 child before.. my friend had aborted 3.. 2 at gleneagles and 1 at women's clinic.. that is why she now had to put a female condom in her womb cuz she is onli 22 this your..

But izanyzam, for your case, if they say you abortion instead of miscarriage, they count you for 1 child? you did the DnC private or govt hospital..?
I dont know if they counted me for 1 child or not coz i had a very bad experience wen i did my D&C at Kandang Kerbau Hospital..Told myself that i would never go back there again if i were to get pregnant again..So since the start of my current pregnancy,i went to Thomson Medical instead. :001_302:

-jOanna

she did at gleneagles and women's clinic as i stated.. Im not sure abt the policies behind.. I never liked govt hospitals.. people keep saying bad things abt sgh, nuh and kkh...

stefie

I had 2 miscarriages, 1st one 2 years back baby has no heartbeat at 12 weeks and 2nd just 2 weeks ago, have to terminate the pregnancy cos baby abnormal at week 11.

The procedure is very fast one, less than 1/2 hr everything done. Normally doc will give 2 weeks MC. Can only TTC on 3rd AF. 1st done at ESH by Dr Heng TL, 2nd done at TMC by Dr Adrian Woody.

Now trying to bu my healthy back and TTC again.

My heart goes to those who have to go throu this painful process.

Jia you on your next pregnancy:):) Be positive

zeester

do any of u guys feel that all u want is to be pregnant again after a miscarriage. i just had a miscarriage last week at 17 weeks gestation. 2nd miscarriage since i got married. haiyoh..im so upset still.

26JMC

hello zeester, dont give up. i have the thinking of getting pregnant again after my miscarriage. was thinking in my heart hoping to get pregnant (quite desperately). but also have pobia that may not be sucessful if ever get pregnant .. i am sure one day we will get a successful pregnancy. did your gynae send it for testing to find out the reason why?

rest well at the moment is the most important for u k? its the emotional part that we have to spend more time to let it heal :(

when is the 'latest' time the baby's heartbeat will show during the ultrasound? I stared bleeding last Fri, see doc on Sat, and he say there's no heartbeat. Im not sure whether isst not time for heartbeat to be detected yet, or there's really confirm to be no heartbeat. :( im in 7th week now. Doc gave me hormone pills to take, and to review on thurs to see if its really a miscarriage. But he say the growth is very very minimal from the last time he saw me at week 5..
I been bleeding and cramp for these few days like its regular menses. Yesterdy came out a huge liver-like thing, almost 1/2 a palm size..
very worry, can any1 advise pls?

mama_lai2004

Littlepooh, I suggested that you need to consult doctor asap. Passing out the 'liver-like' thing may not be good sign. I have similar situation 1 month back while I was bedresting at TMC...

when is the 'latest' time the baby's heartbeat will show during the ultrasound? I stared bleeding last Fri, see doc on Sat, and he say there's no heartbeat. Im not sure whether isst not time for heartbeat to be detected yet, or there's really confirm to be no heartbeat. :( im in 7th week now. Doc gave me hormone pills to take, and to review on thurs to see if its really a miscarriage. But he say the growth is very very minimal from the last time he saw me at week 5..
I been bleeding and cramp for these few days like its regular menses. Yesterdy came out a huge liver-like thing, almost 1/2 a palm size..
very worry, can any1 advise pls?

Littlepooh, I suggest u see a gynae soon n inform them abt the liver-like thingy. Don't put it off.

I went thru 2 miscarriages b4 I had my girls. The emotional pain surpasses the physical pain. However, i believe everything happens for a reason n a child wil come by at the right time. So for those trying, jia you.

Heartbeat can sometimes b detected ard the 6th week but it differs from ppl to ppl. For some, the heartbeat can only b detected at a later stage .

is this thread still alive?
i need your help and advice.
on the day before i miscarriage, i pass out small clot and some bleeding. but i had extremely painful cramps.
but the next day, the cramps No more....
i went straight to Kandang Kerbau Hospital... and the doctor check my uterus and said she was helping me to remove some blood clots.
then she found that i miscarriage as among the blood clots she found a fetus in it.
is this normal? doesn't she need to check any heartbeat at all?

on the day of my miscarriage,
i did a blood test on HCG level.
THen the doc ask me not to do D&C and opt for natural miscarriage, let the blood flow out.
So i listened to her.
on top of that, she also check for me, No more baby as fetus was taken out. So now only need to wait for blood to clear out and Take antibiotics.
Eutopic pregnancy also does not exist as she already check.
She ask me to come back after two days to check if HCG level drop.
And it indeed dropped.
Then they request me to come back again after another two days, to further check.
i didn't ask why then.
But i feel stupid when i reach home when i think about it. So this morning, I never go back, i call them to say that i want to wait for a few days more. its pointless to keep going back.
Then she say i have to come back because my HCG have not drop to the lowest point so they have to keep monitoring every two days.
i asked her back how many blood test do i have to do? She say that depends on when my HCG drop back to safe level. if i need ten blood test, then so be it....
my hus tried to call them back to ask more details.... but they never pick up
i feel so upset about everything now.
and the bloodtest + consultation cost $100 every two days.... it is not going to be too affordable for me

Sad 33

hi hi,
just to share that have my recent D&C(miscarriage) is done at KKH. cost is around $1,450 with $1,350 paid via medisave. this is excluding all prior gynae consultaions and all the pelvis scans...

Sad 33

is this thread still alive?
i need your help and advice.
on the day before i miscarriage, i pass out small clot and some bleeding. but i had extremely painful cramps.
but the next day, the cramps No more....
i went straight to Kandang Kerbau Hospital... and the doctor check my uterus and said she was helping me to remove some blood clots.
then she found that i miscarriage as among the blood clots she found a fetus in it.
is this normal? doesn't she need to check any heartbeat at all?

on the day of my miscarriage,
i did a blood test on HCG level.
THen the doc ask me not to do D&C and opt for natural miscarriage, let the blood flow out.
So i listened to her.
on top of that, she also check for me, No more baby as fetus was taken out. So now only need to wait for blood to clear out and Take antibiotics.
Eutopic pregnancy also does not exist as she already check.
She ask me to come back after two days to check if HCG level drop.
And it indeed dropped.
Then they request me to come back again after another two days, to further check.
i didn't ask why then.
But i feel stupid when i reach home when i think about it. So this morning, I never go back, i call them to say that i want to wait for a few days more. its pointless to keep going back.
Then she say i have to come back because my HCG have not drop to the lowest point so they have to keep monitoring every two days.
i asked her back how many blood test do i have to do? She say that depends on when my HCG drop back to safe level. if i need ten blood test, then so be it....
my hus tried to call them back to ask more details.... but they never pick up
i feel so upset about everything now.
and the bloodtest + consultation cost $100 every two days.... it is not going to be too affordable for me
Dear faithmummy,
are u ok now? do u need more advice on this matter?
by the way when previously i had some doubts about the procedures before my D&C after the KKH visit, i called through the direct line and asked to be put to Clinic A. Once the nurse of Clinic A picks up the phone, i asked to be connected to my Gynae.
Hope u have a allocated Gynae to talk to?

just to share with u that i was so heart pain with money matters too...i was paying $120 for each ultrasound scan and $75 for blood test with a private gynae (prior KKH) and that was excluding the consultation which was around $70-120. further the damn private gynae was not even doing as detailed ultrasound as KKH...sigh...it's really good to be doctor. we suffer so much pain and yet have to pay $$$ to suffer the pain!!!

Hi sad33, I also pass some blood clot the day before D&C, n I still go through the procedure to remove completely :) 5 min process

Sad 33

Hi sad33, I also pass some blood clot the day before D&C, n I still go through the procedure to remove completely :) 5 min process
hi mrsvistamio, i started to pass blood clots too after i take the medication kkh ask me to take. i also when thru the procedure and woke up 20mins after the operation....sigh.