Mittens?

RRoses

I removed my boy's mittens a few weeks back thinking it would be good to let him feel more of different textures. But whenever he wakes up from his nap, he tends to rub his face vigorously causing red marks all over. I made sure i cut his nail superrrrrrr short every 2 days. but he still scratches his face causing himself to bleed twice! I am very afraid that he might leave scars on his face cos his scratches are all really deep. My mother told me its ok to remove mittens after 40 days.. but if my boy is still causing harm to himself what should i do? (his mittens are almost too tight for him anyway) will he just stop scratching after experiencing pain himself?

Domique

I let my ds wear mittens during nap.

Take out once he awake and play.

I removed my boy's mittens a few weeks back thinking it would be good to let him feel more of different textures. But whenever he wakes up from his nap, he tends to rub his face vigorously causing red marks all over. I made sure i cut his nail superrrrrrr short every 2 days. but he still scratches his face causing himself to bleed twice! I am very afraid that he might leave scars on his face cos his scratches are all really deep. My mother told me its ok to remove mittens after 40 days.. but if my boy is still causing harm to himself what should i do? (his mittens are almost too tight for him anyway) will he just stop scratching after experiencing pain himself?

annie

tats wat i did too for my girl after the she is 1 mth old. i wear mittens for her nap n sleep only. then after 2mths old i only let her wear for sleep. nap time no mittens. so far she has NEVER ever scratches herself...i only totally stopped mittens when she is 6mths old though.. her mittens till 6mths old still very loose. always drop n i always need to help her put back at night!

snowbear

i kept dd's mittens on till i observed that she no longer tried to scratch her face wildly. I dun think they really find it painful coz my dd had scratches also n she didn't "learn from her lesson".

RRoses

haha initially wanted my bb to learn from his lesson too thought he'd stop being so rough on his face after those painful scratches but he didnt