mix with rice cereal??

joanneang

hi ,
can i add potato,pumpkin or avocado in rice cereal for my boy? or i have to let him try the taste 1st then mix with rice cereal? today i intro potato to my boy,he seem not used to the taste..i will try again tml.. how many daes i should continue give my boy to let him get used to it??

tks

meiteoh

If you have the time, please go to wholesomebabyfood.com and read the section on starting babies with solid food.

To answer your question, yes, you can mix those items with rice - in fact, you can make all sorts of combinations. Your baby won't know what's inside unless you make funny faces.

Each time you introduce a new item, you need to follow the four day rule. Once the item is clear, you can mix it up with either a new item or a cleared item. If it's with a new item, then you keep track of the new item for four days. For example, I intro rice for four days. Then intro peach on its own the first day, then mixed it with rice the next three days. Then I intro pumpkin with rice on first day, then pumpkin with peach on next day, then pumpkin for two days.

Get it?