Mixing cereal with breast milk

yupz.. i do... but my baby doesnt like... after trial and error for about 3weeks.. we decided to give cereal and breastmilk separately..

hpc

Yes I add cereal when she is 5 mths,BM must be slightly hot than normal.My gal don't like BM that is slightly warm,reject totally.After monitoring for 1 wk,decided to re-heat milk ,than babe finish all.Although warmer milk will spoll the nurient but kills the funny smell of milk.

Amulet

My baby starts semi solid wen she is ard 5+ months old.. Almost all the semi solid she eat is diluted with breastmilk.. Including the rice cereal.. I was givin her heinz plain rice cereal back then.. It's easy to mix with just lukewarm breastmilk..

Sometimes baby don't like the semi solid not due to the breastmilk, it's just becoz it's a new thing for them.. If Ur baby express interest, it's perfectly fine to delay the solid till older while giving on and off to try..

JazN

the recommended age to intro solids suggested by Health promotion board is 6 months. If earlier, you may wish to consult with your pd on your baby's interest in food so that you're assured it's ok, especially important in the event your kid is pre-mature or any other medical condition.

If you intro brown rice cereal do note there may be chance of constipation.

STmummy

I only start cereal at 5.5 mths (but provided your PD says it's fine for your baby).
For almost everything that I introduce to my son, I mixed with BM. Cereal, oats, bread, avacodo etc. It's the taste (BM) they are used to, thus easier to accept new taste with BM. I dont see my son not liking the cereal. Furthermore I am doing full BF, thus would prefer him to have BM rather than the FM mixed in the cereal, thus still add in the BM for him.

joeybeadz

ya. It all depends on the baby. I had difficulty feeding my little one. Just keep on trying bit by bit as they are learning how to swallow in a different way. They might not get used to it at first. :)