Mlb

Jesskoo

I'm under private clinic but Intending to switch to kkh gynae any recommend? Shld I walk in or get a referral letter from polyclinic 1st?

Jofeny

I heard getting a referral from polyclinic the charges will b cheaper. I Duno how true.

But any reason y u wanna go Kkh? Reason being I heard a lot of bad reviews.. Perhaps read up more on Kkh review first?

Addee

referral from polyclinic, charges are indeed cheaper but you do not choose your doctor and each visit is a different one as well.
IIRC, consultation fee is about $28 and the other checks and test like ultra sound OSCAR etc are subsidize, i think around 50%. Medication and multi-vits etc are not subsidize. Also when you give birth, it will be by mid-wife unless there in emergency cases then the doctor will attend to the delivery.
Oh if in-case of emergency and you need to go to the 24-hour clinic, the rate is also subsidize since you have referral from polyclinic.

For me, I had switch from KKH subsidize patient to private clinic in TMC. Wanted to go to private suite at KKH but I do not have friends who have a gynae there. As a subsidize patient in KKH, my check-up is between 2-4 hours per visit. At private, usually less than an hour and I'm out of there.

PetPet

I m with dr Goh Shen Li at KKH private.not sure bout other hospital, although I intend to choose Thomson at first but still stick to KKH cz they have all my records there. To my surprise, they call me up to follow up on my feedback on e same day I submit feedback form when I discharge from hospital due to High BP.

Jesskoo

Tks for all the information. I'm already on my 31 weeks due to my 2nd one was under c sect so my coming 3rd one also muz be c sect tat's wat my gynae told mi . but I heard can go for normal so intend to check whether kkh allow mi to go for normal

Addee

Yes you can do normal delivery. My friend's 1st child is C-birth but 2nd child is normal. Now 3rd one also going for normal. Her Gynae kept telling her must keep baby small. Not more than 3kg

Jesskoo

Addee, tks for ur info. Really glad to hear tat! Really dun understand y my gynae dun encourage, keep telling my hw risky it is and my scar might tear. But my c sect was like 4 yrs ago.

Addee

My friend's gynae also don't encourage and also say might tear tear etc for the 2nd child. But she was very insistent so Gynae gave her advise and also told her which hospital to deliver, due to the facilities available in-case of emergency, ie tear at the cut area.