Moisturising necessary?

annie

as above. i haven been applying anything onto my girl's skin and her skin feels just fine. no dry patches n all. but i wonder if its necessary for me to do it? if yes, is it just the body or the face as well? just once a day?

apollo

since she is okay without it, den i think u can just leave it. we've been applying on ds until recently he cant stay still so we only apply for him when there is 2 pax and above. hehe..

meiteoh

I've never moisturised as baby's skin is sensitive and with the humidity in Singapore, I didn't want to put on stuff unnecessarily. I was told, however, to add in a few drops of almond oil to her warm bath water once every month to keep her skin soft but that was when we were in Switzerland where the humidity is less.

diymummy

I moisturize my son everyday but that's because he's predisposed to dry skin which can trigger his eczema.

I think if she's fine, it should be ok. But in case you are considering a moisturizer, use one that is without perfume.

annie

at first i wanted to keep her "virgin" skin so dun wanna apply anything but now im thinking if there is a need to maintain their good skin cos naturally as ppl grow, the moisture in our skin will get lesser too.. their skin now so nice dun maintain then slowly not so nice anymore? i dunno but this is wat im worried bout lol. but also worry if a apply things n not suitable then her skin immediately destroy by me lol

thepinkdot

at first i wanted to keep her "virgin" skin so dont wanna apply anything but now im thinking if there is a need to maintain their good skin cos naturally as ppl grow, the moisture in our skin will get lesser too.. their skin now so nice dont maintain then slowly not so nice anymore? i dont know but this is what im worried bout lol. but also worry if a apply things n not suitable then her skin immediately destroy by me lol
erm.. just add some carrier oil (almond or jojoba) into her bath water.. it will help keep it supple. i did it for my girl when she has very minor patches of dry skin.

Ting

i used to apply for pin when she was a few mths old. but then i got lazy :p
hehe.
i dun apply moisturiser for her now.
her skin still smooth lehs, only use goats milk for her bath. :)

annie

thepinkdot, i sometimes add jojoba oil into her bath too. but not often hehe. think i shall do more often then..

TING im still trying to find those bath milk which is good for her lo. never see around here. maybe i go internet find later hehe

Mummy to Baby V

My boy has bad eczema and his skin becomes dry after steroidal cream treatment, so we need to use moisturizer on the dry patches, as recommended by Dr. On parts of his body which are fine, we don't moisturise. I find it not necessary.

If you are going to use a moisturizer on her, then a very pure, natural, organic type such as organic shea butter would do. Long term exposure to many commercial creams may not be good either. Example at L'Occitane Organic Pure Shea Butter |

annie

i used to apply for pin when she was a few mths old. but then i got lazy :p
hehe.
i dont apply moisturiser for her now.
her skin still smooth lehs, only use goats milk for her bath. :)
hi Ting, wat is the brand of the goat milk tat u are using for pin? did u read the ingredients? ive been looking out for bath milk here but cant find good ones. i found 1 which says its ok for babies too but i read the ingredients, it contains mineral oil n alcohol! somemore it says 100% bath milk. wat bull s***...:nah:

Mummy to Baby V

hi Ting, what is the brand of the goat milk that you are using for pin? did you read the ingredients? ive been looking out for bath milk here but cant find good ones. i found 1 which says its ok for babies too but i read the ingredients, it contains mineral oil n alcohol! somemore it says 100% bath milk. what bull s***...:nah:
haha... That's why I always zoom straight to the ingredients listing for skincare and food products. If you are in Japan, there are loads of great skincare items, many without fragrance / colourings / harmful preservatives.

annie

yea me too.. there are alot of skincare choices here but the ingredients sucks honestly speaking.. im very strict when it comes to ingredient list. whether be it food or skincare... i always look at the labels n compare before i buy anything. i found a good bath oil for baby online hehe. will buy! haven found good bath milk for baby though.. found bath milk but they never say bb can use or not..

Mummy to Baby V

mummies, do you all moisturise your toddler's face when you all moisturise their skin?
Yes, because his eczema hits the face most. Upon doctor's advice, we apply Physiogel A.I. regularly and also pure paraffin wax as a barrier to protect it from saliva/milk/food.