Mom Allows Her Son to Go Out But Not Her Daughter

Hi Mums and Dads! Quick Question: I have a friend who is allowing her 17-year old son to go camping for an hour from their home with a few friends. They will be driving all by themselves there. But she has told me that her daughter will not be allowed doing the same thing at 17. I'm a mother of a 6-month old baby girl, very much younger, I know. But it made me curious as to what you would think or do? Will you practice gender specifications? (If there's even such a thing!)

Alisa

my husband and 1 also kept thinking of this if we are having a gal... i will be over protective over her cuz the world now is not like ours, blur blur... they can learn bad things very fast and easily... but at the same time, i do know wan to restict her on her freedom... stress...

pearlynC

Boys can protect themselves better compared to girls.. If they go out and get cheated how.. Or worse, if stay out too late then go home alone kena rape.. Or go out enjoy with friends then people drug her drink..

imjane

Boys are more aggressive and can pretty handle themselves wherever they are, teens nowadays specially girls are surrounded by different temptations, you really dont know what kind of persons they'll meet and hang out everyday. Its really secure if you give them a little restrictions and curfew :)

Sgring

Not really, boy and girl same. Impt is the trust. I have 4 girls n 1 boy. I allow my girl to go camping etc....of cos i do spot check:p