Monthly Gathering for SAHMs/ Playgroup for our kids?? :)

klearad

Hihi to Mummies staying at ToaPayoh/Bishan/Amk area, shall we keep in contact and organise monthly gathering/playgroup for our kids? Mummies staying at other areas are welcome to join too :)

My email address is klearad@yahoo.com.sg Dont mind, can pm or email me your email address, then I can arrange meet up via email :) My name is Adeline, baby gal is coming 8mth old soon.

Gathering suggestions:
1) Makan Sessions
~ can eat at Mos Burger/ Hub foodcourt/ Ya Kun/ PizzaHut at ToaPayoh?Heard HDB Hub level 2 has nursing room. Great for us to breastfeed or change nappy.

2) Little Tots Story telling session
~ can meet at Bishan Library Kids corner at Basement, for a little story telling session for our little tots?

3) Outings
~ can go to Fidget (free for babies under 1yr old) at Turf City. Can take free shuttle bus service from ToaPayoh Bus Interchange.
~ can go to Botanical Garden or Jacob Ballas Children Garden for picnic.
~ can go to Sembawang Shopping Centre Level 3 playground. Need to take free shuttle bus service from Sembawang MRT though.
~ can to to Marina Barrage for Kite Flying and picnic.
~ can visit museums
~ can go swimming together with our hubbies and babies during weekend. ToaPayoh Swimming Pool???
~ can form groups to go to local farms (ie, Firefly veg farm, Hay Dairy) when our little tots are much older.

klearad

(1) 1st gathering - Fridgets at Turf City (6 Nov 09, Fri)
Hee will be taking the Free Shuttle Bus Service from ToaPayoh Bus Interchange at 12pm.

Fridgets is an Indoor playground, babies under 1 year old gets to enjoy free admission. Adults dont need to pay la. (Note: Required to bring baby socks and your own too)

Let me know if you can join me :)

Last edited:

klearad

(2) 2nd Gathering - Sembawang Shopping Centre Level 3 Open Playground
Date/Time: Most Likely Last wk of Nov 09. Exact Date/Time to be confirmed.
Can go shopping, makan and let our kids play at the playground. :)

snowbear

(1) 1st gathering - Fridgets at Turf City (6 Nov 09, Fri)
Hee will be taking the Free Shuttle Bus Service from ToaPayoh Bus Interchange at 12pm.

Fridgets is an Indoor playground, babies under 1 year old gets to enjoy free admission. Adults dont need to pay . (Note: Required to bring baby socks and your own too)

Let me know if you can join me :) My mobile is 9877 6770. Pls sms me that you are from MummySg
Hi Klearad, tt time i went to Fidgets, only babies below 6mths get free entry. Kids 6-24mths have to pay $8. :)

snowbear

Hee went to Fridgets last Sat, its free for babies under 1 year old.

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]http://www.fidgets.com.sg/[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]* Bring kids there on Sat and Sun before 10am, parents get to have coffee and a copy of Straits Times Free.[/FONT]
** Free entry for adult and babies under 1 year old.
oh, they have revised their entry fees...! Anyway, when alicia was younger she found the place entertaining... now that she's in the in-between age group: unable to play in the large playground and the small area for young babies is not challenging anymore, we dun bring her there anymore. Plus the last time we brought her there, she fell sick after that and doc said it's probably due to playing there coz young babies tend to drool a lot and touch here and there then touch their mouth so very easy to kenna germs... :(

klearad

oooh i see. Hee maybe she can go to those open air playground such as Sembawang Shopping Centre. That one looks fun, Im looking forward to bring my gal there to play with the water types....

Sembawang Shopping Centre - Splash Park (level 3)
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]http://www.lotone.sg/malls_sg_ssc.html[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Pics: [/FONT][FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]http://www.playpoint.com.sg/project_spore_shopping_ssc.php[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Map: http://www.lotone.sg/images/malls_sg/SSC_map.pdf[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Sembawang Shopping Centre is the first Mall boasting the biggest splash park in shopping malls[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif].

Free Shuttlebus Services available at Yishun and Sembawang MRT (9.30am to 10.00pm daily)
[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Address
604 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758459
[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Spanning 15,000 square feet, the spraypark features interactive features to provide entertainment and amusement for children. The design concept is to bring an interesting element of interactivity and fun into the playground, thus attracting patronage the shopping centre. Departing from traditional playground equipment, PLAYPOINT design a mix of splash play and dry play in the playground.

The different elevated grounds between the dry and wet zone, creates a multi-layered playground that creates a more interesting landscaping.

The Splash Park uses whimsical "Aquatecture®" from WATERTOYS. it features a host of ground sprays pads and equipment that creates a fun and vibrant playscape. The 3 embankment sides are used as a transition between wet and dry play zones. It allows children to easily slide from the wet playground to the dry playground with relative ease.

The Dry area also uses the KOMPAN playground equipment. With ELEMENTS playground catering for 2-5 years old , GALAXY for the 6-12 years old and a covered fitness area for adults, it provides good entertainment fun for the whole family. .
[/FONT]

snowbear

oooh i see. Hee maybe she can go to those open air playground such as Sembawang Shopping Centre. That one looks fun, Im looking forward to bring my gal there to play with the water types....

Sembawang Shopping Centre - Splash Park (level 3)
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]http://www.lotone.sg/malls_sg_ssc.html[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Pics: [/FONT][FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]http://www.playpoint.com.sg/project_spore_shopping_ssc.php[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Map: http://www.lotone.sg/images/malls_sg/SSC_map.pdf[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Sembawang Shopping Centre is the first Mall boasting the biggest splash park in shopping malls[/FONT][FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Free Shuttlebus Services available at Yishun and Sembawang MRT (9.30am to 10.00pm daily)[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Address[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]604 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758459[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Spanning 15,000 square feet, the spraypark features interactive features to provide entertainment and amusement for children. The design concept is to bring an interesting element of interactivity and fun into the playground, thus attracting patronage the shopping centre. Departing from traditional playground equipment, PLAYPOINT design a mix of splash play and dry play in the playground. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]The different elevated grounds between the dry and wet zone, creates a multi-layered playground that creates a more interesting landscaping. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]The Splash Park uses whimsical "Aquatecture®" from WATERTOYS. it features a host of ground sprays pads and equipment that creates a fun and vibrant playscape. The 3 embankment sides are used as a transition between wet and dry play zones. It allows children to easily slide from the wet playground to the dry playground with relative ease. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]The Dry area also uses the KOMPAN playground equipment. With ELEMENTS playground catering for 2-5 years old , GALAXY for the 6-12 years old and a covered fitness area for adults, it provides good entertainment fun for the whole family. .[/FONT]
Sounds fun. But Sembawang too far for me... :( unless hubby drives... haha. Enjoy yourself! :)

autumn82

Iggy love playing with water at Splash Park. :tlaugh: I'm living near SSC so let me know if you all are gonna have a outing therE! :p

jojoki

sembawang shopping centre issit the one at entrance got starbucks? and giant below one?

jojoki

wow!! i stay v near leh! at chong pang!! i'm soo happy thanks fr the info. always go there but dint know theres a place fr kids!! i'm so going tomorrow!! heheh!

autumn82

wow!! i stay very near ! at chong pang!! i'm soo happy thanks fr the info. always go there but dint know theres a place fr kids!! i'm so going tomorrow!! heheh!
Wow.. I might be going tomorrow too.. but depends alot on the weather. These few days keep on raining.. Zzz..

Btw, the operating hours for the splash park is 11am-2pm & 5pm-8pm If i never rem wrongly. :)

jojoki

hi autumn82, the splash park is there any suitable entertainment fr 8 mths olds? issit clean n safe?

autumn82

hi autumn82, the splash park is there any suitable entertainment fr 8 mths olds? issit clean n safe?
Hmm.. if your darling can stand and walk around, then should be quite interesting. Cleanliness is alright. Must be careful coz the older kids might play quite rough.. There's a playground next to the splash park too.

jojoki

ooh cannot yet la only 8 mths crawl also not pro yet heheh.... thanks. will check out tomolo...

june_lim

wow! it is really cool place. must check it out over the weekend. If there is a gathering there let me know.

cheers.:Dancing_wub:

snowbear

Hmm.. if your darling can stand and walk around, then should be quite interesting. Cleanliness is alright. Must be careful coz the older kids might play quite rough.. There's a playground next to the splash park too.
aut dearie, is it like Vivo's open air playground?

What do you usually let iggy wear when he plays in the water? I scared alicia catch cold if just wear normal clothes and play in the water with the wind blowing...

Foxtrot

Hihi to Mummies staying at ToaPayoh/Bishan/Amk area, shall we keep in contact and organise monthly gathering/playgroup for our kids? Mummies staying at other areas are welcome to join too :)

My email address is klearad@yahoo.com.sg Dont mind, can pm or email me your email address, then I can arrange meet up via email :) My name is Adeline, baby gal is coming 8mth old soon.

Gathering suggestions:
1) Makan Sessions
~ can eat at Mos Burger/ Hub foodcourt/ Ya Kun/ PizzaHut at ToaPayoh?Heard HDB Hub level 2 has nursing room. Great for us to breastfeed or change nappy.

2) Little Tots Story telling session
~ can meet at Bishan Library Kids corner at Basement, for a little story telling session for our little tots?

3) Outings
~ can go to Fidget (free for babies under 1yr old) at Turf City. Can take free shuttle bus service from ToaPayoh Bus Interchange.
~ can go to Botanical Garden or Jacob Ballas Children Garden for picnic.
~ can go to Sembawang Shopping Centre Level 3 playground. Need to take free shuttle bus service from Sembawang MRT though.
~ can to to Marina Barrage for Kite Flying and picnic.
~ can visit museums
~ can go swimming together with our hubbies and babies during weekend. ToaPayoh Swimming Pool???
~ can form groups to go to local farms (ie, Firefly veg farm, Hay Dairy) when our little tots are much older.
I'll be interested. PM you already. =)

klearad

Dear all,

The 1st gathering at Fridgets on 6 Nov 09 din really happen... :)
Hee hee as not much response.

So hereby announcing the revised Gathering :)
21 Nov 09 (Sat), 5pm at Sembawang Shopping Centre - Splash Park (level 3)

Meet at the Splash Park there, sms/call me when you reach there.
Please PM or email me at klearad@yahoo.com.sg if you are interested to join us.

We will be taking the free shuttle bus service from Sembawang Mrt Station.

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Free Shuttlebus Services available at Yishun and Sembawang MRT (9.30am to 10.00pm daily)[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]Address[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, new york, times, serif]604 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758459[/FONT]