Mopiko during pregnancy?

Alisa

i had eczema on my finger even before i am preg and now preg i cannot apply the normal steriod cream. Is Mopiko safe to use during preg? it did helps a bit to lessen the itch.

lyra

Alisa, u preg now? Congrats! I'm having eczema now n I'm avoiding steroids too but this time it's less serious do I just bear with the itch. I'm using oatmeal body wash, physiogel sensitive skin hair wash n QV moisturizer. For my first preg, I had it much more serious so I had to use steroid cream n it didn't affect my baby.

Alisa

ya lyra, im 5 weeks now. waiting for my 1st scan on 1 Mar! my 1st wan was on my back and i used qing chao you... didnt know was it harmful but it stop the itch. this time was on my fingers... i tried QV, end up more itchy.. Physiogel doesnt help much too... will check with gynae this fri is he got any remedy...

lyra

congrats! Hope your ezcema don't spread. Mine is already spreading :( From back to front. Don't worry, your gynae will prescribe something suitable for u to use during pregnancy.

Alisa

thanks Lyra. ya i realised my ezcema will get more itchy if i eat prawn. i am avoiding seafood liao.

lexar

I don't know if this may help but I ordered this cream for my little girl, who also suffers from eczema and it seems to help her. They also sell eczema gel.
It's got some good natural ingredients and is steroid free, however I am not sure how effective it will be if the eczema is quite severe. From what I've read the long use of steroid creams is not recommended, they don't really cure the problem but only suppress the symptoms. It is always better to look at alternatives, i.e. foods in your diet, exposure to chemicals, the quality of your water ... but all this can be a long battle.

If you want to find out more about shopping at Iherb, check this thread.

Good luck!

Alisa

I don't know if this may help but I ordered this cream for my little girl, who also suffers from eczema and it seems to help her. They also sell eczema gel.
It's got some good natural ingredients and is steroid free, however I am not sure how effective it will be if the eczema is quite severe. From what I've read the long use of steroid creams is not recommended, they don't really cure the problem but only suppress the symptoms. It is always better to look at alternatives, i.e. foods in your diet, exposure to chemicals, the quality of your water ... but all this can be a long battle.

If you want to find out more about shopping at Iherb, check this thread.

Good luck!
thanks Lexar, i have search on the ingredients... both are not safe to be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding...

Alisa

thanks Lyra, i used that for my son and even used on myself but... still cannot... ytd went to see gynae earlier cuz was having spotting and he said i can continue to use my steriod cream which is onlt 0.025% cream.

lyra

IC. I didn't know mopiko can't use. I used a Chinese herbs plaster n my dad immediately asked me to remove it as it has hong Hua which is used to cause miscarriages. I guess as long as there r herbs we r unsure of, we try to avoid.

lexar

The best thing is to contact the manufacturers and ask them if their products can be used in pregnancy.

winniethepooh

Hi lexar,

I'm using yu yee oil to help me with MS. It's like my drug - will dab a little on some hanky / tissue and keep sniffing it all day as it helps to relieve the nausea / giddiness / MS. Do you know where I can research on it's ingredients to see if it's harmful? Did not know that chinese herbs can be harmful to the pregnancy!!

lexar

Again it's always better to contact the manufacturer as info on the internet can be contradicting. There are oils and herbs that shouldn't be used in pregnancy even though they are natural. If you like just sniffing it, try pure peppermint oil (or tea tree oil, citrus oils), this should be safe. My favourite is pine needle oil like this one :)