Mother Singaporean & Father malaysian

PeiPei A

I'm a singapore citizen but my husband is a malaysian PR, now I'm not sure if i'm entitled to 16 weeks maternity leave
:wong11:
Read that below are some of the maternity leave conditions:
  1. The child is a Singapore Citizen;
  2. The child's parents are lawfully married

In this case, can the child be registered a singapore citizen if the child is born in singapore?
We have obtained Singapore marriage certificate but have NOT register marriage in malaysia, will there be an issue?

Anyone in this situation?

Last edited:

Jchua

Hi Pei Pei,
Will your bb be registered as Singaporean? If bb is Singaporean, then yes. U will be entitled to 16weeks maternity leave. If u want to registered your bb as Malaysian, then I think you have to register your marriage in Malaysia. You can bring your Singapore marriage cert to high commission of Malaysia to register your marriage. You will be able to get your cert in abt 3 days.

http://www.jpn.gov.my/sites/default/files/pdf/borang/Borang%20Perkahwinan/JPNKC06.pdf

I'm a singapore citizen but my husband is a malaysian PR, now I'm not sure if i'm entitled to 16 weeks maternity leave
:wong11:
Read that below are some of the maternity leave conditions:
  1. The child is a Singapore Citizen;
  2. The child's parents are lawfully married
In this case, can the child be registered a singapore citizen if the child is born in singapore?
We have obtained Singapore marriage certificate but have NOT register marriage in malaysia, will there be an issue?

Anyone in this situation?
Yoz! ur situation was same as me b4 sia.. but anyway u are entitled to 16 weeks maternity if your children is born in singapore and a singapore citizen.. :) no need to register in m'sia.. no point.. waste ur time and money... it will be gd if your child is a singapore citizen.. so that u can enjoy the citizen benefits.. but if for ur hubby, u need to check with the company if your children is singapore citizen then ur hubby PR can enjoy 6 days child care leave..

PeiPei A

Hi Pei Pei,
Will your bb be registered as Singaporean? If bb is Singaporean, then yes. U will be entitled to 16weeks maternity leave. If u want to registered your bb as Malaysian, then I think you have to register your marriage in Malaysia. You can bring your Singapore marriage cert to high commission of Malaysia to register your marriage. You will be able to get your cert in abt 3 days.

http://www.jpn.gov.my/sites/default/files/pdf/borang/Borang Perkahwinan/JPNKC06.pdf

Thanks!!! I would like to register my bb as singaporean :)

Yoz! ur situation was same as me b4 sia.. but anyway u are entitled to 16 weeks maternity if your children is born in singapore and a singapore citizen.. :) no need to register in m'sia.. no point.. waste ur time and money... it will be gd if your child is a singapore citizen.. so that u can enjoy the citizen benefits.. but if for ur hubby, u need to check with the company if your children is singapore citizen then ur hubby PR can enjoy 6 days child care leave..
Audrey, we so 有缘 :)

That's good... I want my child to be singaporean but worried that it will automatic follow the father side..
And we married in 2009, think will be fine at least RM200 if to register now :p really waste $$

Yeah... problem solved thanks!
:wong29:

Audrey, we so 有缘 :)

That's good... I want my child to be singaporean but worried that it will automatic follow the father side..
And we married in 2009, think will be fine at least RM200 if to register now :p really waste $$

Yeah... problem solved thanks!
:wong29:[/QUOTE]

MUAHAHAHHAAHH!!! Fate lar.. maybe we can exchange some ideas too :)

Jynnelim

I'm mummy to be Singaporean. Father is Malaysian. I take my Singapore ROM cert to Malaysia to register i get it on the spot. I think pay RM20 and below..

Jynnelim

Hi Pei Pei,

http://www.jpn.gov.my/sites/default/files/pdf/borang/Borang Perkahwinan/JPNKC06.pdf

I'm mummy to be Singaporean. Father is Malaysian. I take my Singapore ROM cert to Malaysia to register i get it on the spot. I think pay RM20 and below..