Mount A or Thomson to give birth ?

ellyeun

Hi mommies.
I've decided to give birth at TMC, but yet to go for hospital tour yet!!!
when is dateline to change hospital?

am also hesitating between mt a and tmc..... sigh!

PTB7476

Hi mommies.
I've decided to give birth at Thomson Medical Center, but yet to go for hospital tour yet!!!

am also hesitating between mt a and Thomson Medical Center..... sigh!
8th month... my gynae asked me to make a decision by then... now in dilemna which to choose also

apollo

Hi mommies.
I've decided to give birth at Thomson Medical Center, but yet to go for hospital tour yet!!!

am also hesitating between mt a and Thomson Medical Center..... sigh!
as long as ur gynae haven book for u, can change. usually abt 2mths b4 u delivers, ur gynae will ask u which bed u wanna to take.

sunburst

I delivered both my boys at TMC, in 2008 & recently in June. Both times I had very good experience with them. The nurses in the delivery suite were attentive & encouraging. I took the single bedded ward & my hubby stayed with me. The confinement meals served is really tasty! TMC is also pro breastfeeding, they will 1st enquire whether u are gg to breastfeed bb or not... In my case I told them i decided to do partial, meaning they will feed bb after I breastfeed if bb still seems hungry & they feed fm at night.

apollo

I delivered both my boys at Thomson Medical Center, in 2008 & recently in June. Both times I had very good experience with them. The nurses in the delivery suite were attentive & encouraging. I took the single bedded ward & my hubby stayed with me. The confinement meals served is really tasty! Thomson Medical Center is also pro breastfeeding, they will 1st enquire whether you are gg to breastfeed baby or not... In my case I told them i decided to do partial, meaning they will feed baby after I breastfeed if baby still seems hungry & they feed fm at night.
YES!!!! esp their papaya fish soup!!! i think tt was the nicest hospital meal i've ever eaten! and they seems to serve many 'meals' per day -.-"

kaitokane

thanks you all mamas for sharing your experience ..

i see almost all the mums who went TMC, always upgrade from 4 bed to 2 .. suay suay i go in, they dun wan upgrade :( wa, den i super sad sial .. LOL .
seems like some of you at tmc had bad experience also .. actually true also, agree with Daddy_Siansters : Cannot blame whole for 1 bad apple.

Mount A is expensive also right ? more expensive than Thomson !.. is it ?

btw whats FYI ? :) abit outdated on those short form ar .. hehee!

PTB7476

FYI = for your information

I tot mount A is only abit more exp than TMC... the diff at most less than $100

anyone been to hospital tour at Mount A , Raffles Hospital and Gleneagle ?

sunburst

YES!!!! esp their papaya fish soup!!! i think that was the nicest hospital meal i've ever eaten! and they seems to serve many 'meals' per day -.-"
Haha yup their soups are fantastic! And yes I really like their many meals... Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea break (nutritious soup), dinner & night snack (usually cake, sweet or savoury pastry).

sunburst

thanks you all mamas for sharing your experience ..

i see almost all the mums who went Thomson Medical Center, always upgrade from 4 bed to 2 .. suay suay i go in, they dont want upgrade :( wa, then i super sad sial .. LOL .
seems like some of you at Thomson Medical Center had bad experience also .. actually true also, agree with Daddy_Siansters : Cannot blame whole for 1 bad apple.

Mount A is expensive also right ? more expensive than Thomson !.. is it ?

btw whats FYI ? :) abit outdated on those short form ar .. hehee!
I had a temporary upgrade from single to single duelux for my 2nd delivery. It was troublesome to move but oh well at least a senior nurse apologized about the inconvenience and even helped to move all our bags & stuff over after she had moved me.

PTB7476

I had a temporary upgrade from single to single duelux for my 2nd delivery. It was troublesome to move but oh well at least a senior nurse apologized about the inconvenience and even helped to move all our bags & stuff over after she had moved me.
huh? you mean you already staying in single room and they upgrade you the next day to deluxe room ? quite troublesome right ?

sunburst

huh? you mean you already staying in single room and they upgrade you the next day to deluxe room ? quite troublesome right ?
Nope from deliver suite move into the duelux room for half a day before moving to single room. They were out of single room when I had delivered... Too bad they could not give me upgrade to the duelux room coz I think the price different is quite a lot.

PTB7476

Question for those deliver at
MT A & tmc is the waiting area for delivery like those c class ward where there are alot of bed with screaming mtb ? Then
The delivery ward is individually for both
Hospital right ?

sunburst

Question for those deliver at
MT A & Thomson Medical Center is the waiting area for delivery like those c class ward where there are alot of bed with screaming mtb ? Then
The delivery ward is individually for both
Hospital right ?
Lol yes it is like class c wards but on both occasion there are no screaming mtb. You don't have to wait there very long, just for administration, prep shave & the solution to clear ur bowels & of course confirmation tt in labour then they will wheel u in to the delivery suite. The delivery suite is individual with a cost recliner for ur hubby to wait with u. There is also television if u are in the mood to watch.

That us for TMC, not sure if same for mt a

hippopolai

For those mummy opt for double room, how much is the total charges like? I will go for C-section and prefer to have double room.... But we are worried on the bills... My #1 delivered in Thomson but has been receiving -ve feedback on Thomson lately, thinking of switch to Mt. A... Can someone help to advise?

leelynn2006

Hi I went to mount a for a tour today
I would say the labour suite is amazing provides CDs to yoga mat for room I hav decided on single cos bb n hubby can Stay together ;)
For those mummy opt for double room, how much is the total charges like? I will go for C-section and prefer to have double room.... But we are worried on the bills... My #1 delivered in Thomson but has been receiving -ve feedback on Thomson lately, thinking of switch to Mt. A... Can someone help to advise?