Mount Elizabeth, anyone?

Yes there is complimentary parking, mutiple times in and out also can. We thought first day won't have, but actually had! So can drive there directly. Hubby actually went home to park the car and take my delivery "luggage" to MEH cos our gynae told us first day don't have. Guess gynaes are not so up to date on the parking logistics

There is a new LC there who was very helpful. Her name is Ling. Even after I discharged, I was calling in to ask for advice and she always returned my call

chiro san

I'm glad the lactation consultant's better now. When I was there previously, she was very hurried each time she popped by my room. Not sure if it was cos she saw my other kids there n assumed I would hv no problem bf baby. She popped in for a 2 mins kind of visit to ask "everything okay? Latching okay?". When I said "quite okay". Then she dashed out le :)
Same thing with me. But it happened that that time she have parentcraft class to conduct so she can only spend 5mins with me. And I so happened to be bf-ing my DD that time. She helped my DD latched on correctly n cleared my engorged breast. Really thankful for that 5mins, made me all comfortable after that. Haha.

hanaficionado

I just delivered in end Jan. Total bill before medisave 7.6k. Mine is natural without epidural. I stayed in single room and extended one night, with boarder. My gynae fees composed 2.5k or so and pediatrician fees $300. Hence ward and delivery room charges is about 4k for standard 2 night pkg. Extension night was about $700.

The hospital was fantastic. I was in delivery suite throughout, no need to wait elsewhere then move to the suite which I think is what happens in Thomson. The nurses, midwives, LC are all courteous and helpful. Worth every cent I paid
Hi

thanks for your comprehesive update :)

just wonder how different mothers have different packages and charges.
a friend of ours just gave birth a month ago and said that her total hospital bill is less than 5k. her consultation fees are only $60/visit. i thought she was referring to Mt A at 1st but after confirmation indeed its Mt E. Shared with some friends and family about our plan to go for Mt E and all their reactions are the same, "SO EXPENSIVE!!!" Lol!

So a bit confused now. though only 7 weeks pregnant, but we are very anxious about which gynae and hospital to go. oh dear...

chiro san

Hi

a friend of ours just gave birth a month ago and said that her total hospital bill is less than 5k. her consultation fees are only $60/visit. i thought she was referring to Mt A at 1st but after confirmation indeed its Mt E. Shared with some friends and family about our plan to go for Mt E and all their reactions are the same, "SO EXPENSIVE!!!" Lol!

So a bit confused now. though only 7 weeks pregnant, but we are very anxious about which gynae and hospital to go. oh dear...
I gave birth to my DD last year Nov. the bill was 9k before deducting medisave. I had C-section via Spinal block. Stayed in single room with lodger. My DD had phototherapy at Day 3 of life. Actually it's not expensive if you are looking at being in good hands by your preferred gynae or PD to look after you n your precious well being during hospitalization. I chose Mt E because of my gynae too. And ive never regret that choice :)

Yuki900001

Hi

Hi hanaficionado, wonder if you can recommend your friend gynae for me ? Can advise me how much total paid for her visit every times ?

Hi MTB!

I delivered last dec.

Total bill 8.1K, deduct medisave 3.4K, fork out abt 4.7k cash.
Stayed 3 days 2 nights with single room with lodger.
Natural assisted vacuum delivery with epidural.

Overall service is pretty good, like hotel room service.
Nurses will keep coming over to check on me & very prompt whenever I called for them for assistance or extra drinks/snacks.

Meals aren't fantastic for my taste bud..
But lodger's bed is too small, hard & un-comfy..

Gynae will come every morning to check on me b4 he goes to his clinic.

My Gynae doesn't offer any packages so below are the expenses price range.

Before 22 weeks pregnancy, check up was abt every 3 weeks.
Cost abt $150-220 each time - will include scans, tests, vitamins/supplements.

Blood test will be done as well (can't remember when but its early part of pregnancy)

Detailed scan at abt 22 week (few hundred dollars, not more than $500)
then is every 4 weeks then check up.
Each visit abt $90-120.
I didn't get a lot of vitamins so depends on individual.

Fr 36/37 weeks, abt every 7-10 days frame went for check up.
Each visit abt $90 cos mostly just check position of bb & heart rate.

After delivery, 7th day went for check up, bb check up at paragon kinder clinic.
Then I went back for another 2 reviews, that's it.
PD is very experience as well, patient & good with bb.

My Gynae is quite senior, saw him during sec sch.
But he's a very experience Gynae so it's worth every cent spent.
He doesn't says too much to let me worry unnecessarily, always assure me all is well.

If I'm planning for 2nd child, I'll still go back to him, just that he's no longer doing deliveries anymore.

Hope the info helps!! ;)

YMT

HI all

I need some advice from here.
Now i have 5 weeks already. I am confusing which doctor shall i go for my first baby. I am thinking Dr Kowa Nam Sing from Mt E or Dr dont Wong from Thomson Medical Center. Please advice me which doctor is good and any feedback.
Another thing i want to know is I want to know how much they charge per visit for regular check up before deliver.
I want to know their doctor fees for deliver as well.. Any packages price?

Please share with me. I do not have any experience for this.

Best Regards

YMT

Hi
May i know which gynae did u choose? Total 8.1K included your monthly check up or just for deliver fees?
I am now 5 weeks already so i need to see doctor end of this month to check up everything.

Leng26

I just did an operation with Dr Kowa. He is awesome, I have full confidence in him. He is a very fatherly man, very friendly and very experienced doctor. I am very glad that I have chosen him as the surgeon for my woman problems. Whoever chooses him for the delivery of children are very lucky. Thanks to my good friend for the referral. Be assured that you are well taken care of.