Mt Alvernia Hospital Delivery Charges

Dear Mummies,

Anyone recently delivered at Mt A and can kindly share the total cost after medisave deduction? Which bedded you chose and any experiences to share or things to take note? Thank you very much.

redjn

I had my delivery @ MT. A but there was 4 yrs ago. My overall payout after medisave is around 1.5k (if i remember correctly). I asked for a 4 bedded Rm package. U can checkout the package online for the latest rate.

papabob

Hi,

My wife delivered in Mt A a year ago. We chose Mt A due to the peaceful environment unlike some other private hospitals we have visited. The packages offered are quite competitive.

Do note that there is a cap in CPF deduction. As Mt A is a private hospital (unlike B2 ward and below for KKH), you will not enjoy the gov subsidy.

My advice is to call the hospital to arrange for a visit to find whether you are comfortable with the room type and environment.

Cheers!

Hi,

My wife delivered in Mt A a year ago. We chose Mt A due to the peaceful environment unlike some other private hospitals we have visited. The packages offered are quite competitive.

Do note that there is a cap in CPF deduction. As Mt A is a private hospital (unlike B2 ward and below for KKH), you will not enjoy the gov subsidy.

My advice is to call the hospital to arrange for a visit to find whether you are comfortable with the room type and environment.

Cheers!
Hi papabob,

Can you share roughly how much was the hospital bill and how many bedded did your wife stay? Thank you.

papabob

Hi papabob,

Can you share roughly how much was the hospital bill and how many bedded did your wife stay? Thank you.
Dear Marchbear,

My wife stayed in a Single deluxe room. You can find the charges here: Maternity Packages - Mount Alvernia Hospital
If everything is normal, your total bill should be your gynae charges + the hospital package charges. If you need a Pediatrician, the charges will be separate.

Our total bill is in the $30K due to the premature arrival of my gal. She stayed in the NICU for about 30 days!
Thanks to the TLC of the staff and the grace of God, my gal is now a normal healthy baby!

Dear Marchbear,

My wife stayed in a Single deluxe room. You can find the charges here: Maternity Packages - Mount Alvernia Hospital
If everything is normal, your total bill should be your gynae charges + the hospital package charges. If you need a Pediatrician, the charges will be separate.

Our total bill is in the $30K due to the premature arrival of my gal. She stayed in the NICU for about 30 days!
Thanks to the TLC of the staff and the grace of God, my gal is now a normal healthy baby!
Hi papabob,

Your bill was $30K due to your girl stay in the NICU??? You mean you paid $30K cash or your managed to pay off by medisave? Please do share with me so that i can have some preparation in event if such situation fall on me. But of cause I pray God will give me a full term baby. Thank you very much for sharing in advance.

shopaholic

I delivered my boy in Oct'09 and stayed in a double bed room. I cant exactly recall the cash amount but it shd be $1k or less. The initial $800-900 was paid upon check-in as deposit but after all charges kicked in (incl baby's bill as my boy stayed one more day due to jaundice), the deposit wasnt sufficient to cover the balance bill after medisave, so we topped up a little. Shd be around $1k or so. By the way, I had natural assisted delivery with epidural.

papabob

Hi papabob,

Your bill was $30K due to your girl stay in the NICU??? You mean you paid $30K cash or your managed to pay off by medisave? Please do share with me so that i can have some preparation in event if such situation fall on me. But of cause I pray God will give me a full term baby. Thank you very much for sharing in advance.
Hi Marchbear,
We paid half via Medisave and the rest cash. If needed, Mt A has a finance assistance programme. Believe it is payment by installments sort of plan.

You should not be too concern as nature is so unpredictable. God give us life and we should celebrate it. There is always a way out.
Meanwhile, enjoy your pregnancy!

Cheers

Dear Mummies,

Anyone recently delivered at Mt A and can kindly share the total cost after medisave deduction? Which bedded you chose and any experiences to share or things to take note? Thank you very much.
I just delivered my bb in Sept 2010 at Mt A. I had vaccum-assisted natural delivery staying in 2 bedded room. After deducting medisave and my deposit for my bb's stay and other misc items, I got a refund of $1.3k back. Vaguely remember my total delivery costs for myself and baby was around $8k+. Followed then my bb had to have blood tested for jaundice by PD and the visit was around $100+. Luckily, my bb had no jaundice problem.

The nurses at Mt A were very experienced and caring to mummies and babies. Even when they change shift, they will handover smoothly. Previously I also went to Mt A for check up as I had a fall during my 8th month, these nurses were very concerned and provide advise. I find most of the nurses very motherly and nice to chat with.

I just delivered my bb in Sept 2010 at Mt A. I had vaccum-assisted natural delivery staying in 2 bedded room. After deducting medisave and my deposit for my bb's stay and other misc items, I got a refund of $1.3k back. Vaguely remember my total delivery costs for myself and baby was around $8k+. Followed then my bb had to have blood tested for jaundice by PD and the visit was around $100+. Luckily, my bb had no jaundice problem.

The nurses at Mt A were very experienced and caring to mummies and babies. Even when they change shift, they will handover smoothly. Previously I also went to Mt A for check up as I had a fall during my 8th month, these nurses were very concerned and provide advise. I find most of the nurses very motherly and nice to chat with.
Hi bubbleblue, congrats to your smooth delivery in Sep 2010. Glad to hear that the nurses are nice as i am intending to deliver at MT A in June 2011. : ) Thank you for sharing.

Hi bubbleblue, congrats to your smooth delivery in Sep 2010. Glad to hear that the nurses are nice as i am intending to deliver at MT A in June 2011. : ) Thank you for sharing.
You are welcome! Oh, so you are in your first trimester now. Time will pass very very fast. Most importantly is take good care of your health and bb's health. Don't forget those multi-vitamins. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. You will have a smooth delivery then. Kanbatei!!!

You are welcome! Oh, so you are in your first trimester now. Time will pass very very fast. Most importantly is take good care of your health and bb's health. Don't forget those multi-vitamins. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. You will have a smooth delivery then. Kanbatei!!!

Thank you bubbleblue, I am not in my week 16. Can't wait for the detail scanning : )p

papabob

For the deposit, can i pay down using credit card or must it be in cash?
Both Cash and Credit Card is accepted! :)

Just ensure that your hubby carries the CC when you check in for delivery. He'll be asked to sign e.g. $5K upfront. You'll get a refund when you are discharged if the fees are lower.

Leomaiden

Hi Marchbear83, I had delivered my baby girl at Mt Alvernia in Nov 2010. I did a c-section and stayed in a single bedroom for 4 days. Excluding the gynae fee and after medisave deduction, I paid about $1.8K. If your hubby is gng to stay with you overnight in the single bedroom, he will need to pay $60 plus for a night. Breakfast, lunch & dinner would be provided. Payment could be made by credit card. Hope the infor is useful. Meanwhile take care, relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Hi Marchbear83, I had delivered my baby girl at Mt Alvernia in Nov 2010. I did a c-section and stayed in a single bedroom for 4 days. Excluding the gynae fee and after medisave deduction, I paid about $1.8K. If your hubby is gng to stay with you overnight in the single bedroom, he will need to pay $60 plus for a night. Breakfast, lunch & dinner would be provided. Payment could be made by credit card. Hope the infor is useful. Meanwhile take care, relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)
Thank you Leomaiden for sharing. Yup i guess i should not worry too much on the financial part and be happy and relax during this period :)