Mummies, can share your experience about Rotarix Rotavirus Vaccine for baby???

Autum

What is Rotarix Rotavirus Vaccine? Why 6 in 1 and 5 in 1? Whats the diff? Doctor explains but I still dont understand. He also said something like take 5 in 1 tends to get less fever and 6 in 1 will get fever?? How to take care of my baby after this vaccine? Any mummies can share your experience?

apollo

Rotarix is to prevent rotavirus. if i not wrong, rotavirus is a disease tt will cause a child to have diarrhoea which will cause dehydration (correct me if i'm wrong). and rotarix is a oral medication which has 2 doses, the nurse will feed the baby aft the 5 or 6in1 vac.

both 5 and 6in1 might cause fever. IMO 5 n 6in1 is actu the same. just tt one of the 6in1 the baby take, will include one of the hep b, so u dont have to make another trip down to the clinic for the hep b again. we let ds took 5in1 but becos his last 5in1 was delayed for 1 more mth and by then he was alrdy 6mth+ and pd gave him 6in1 (5in1 + hep b) so we dont nd to make another trip down to the clinic a mth later.

usually IF there is fever, the fever will comes in 24hrs after the vac. if aft 24hrs, no fever, means is safe. there is no special ways to tc babies aft vac. but some babies tend to be more cranky n clingy aft takeing vac, if that happens to ur baby, just 'sayang' him more =)

xicloudix

Rotarix is to prevent rotavirus. if i not wrong, rotavirus is a disease tt will cause a child to have diarrhoea which will cause dehydration (correct me if i'm wrong). and rotarix is a oral medication which has 2 doses, the nurse will feed the baby aft the 5 or 6in1 vac.

both 5 and 6in1 might cause fever. IMO 5 n 6in1 is actu the same. just tt one of the 6in1 the baby take, will include one of the hep b, so u dont have to make another trip down to the clinic for the hep b again. we let ds took 5in1 but becos his last 5in1 was delayed for 1 more mth and by then he was alrdy 6mth+ and pd gave him 6in1 (5in1 + hep b) so we dont nd to make another trip down to the clinic a mth later.

usually IF there is fever, the fever will comes in 24hrs after the vac. if aft 24hrs, no fever, means is safe. there is no special ways to tc babies aft vac. but some babies tend to be more cranky n clingy aft takeing vac, if that happens to ur baby, just 'sayang' him more =)
my baby finish the 5 in 1 medication already... but he was not feed anything at all through out all his injection. that means he is not cover against Rotarix Rotavirus

apollo

my baby finish the 5 in 1 medication already... but he was not feed anything at all through out all his injection. that means he is not cover against Rotarix Rotavirus
i not sure whether there is jab for rotarix but the rotarix ds took is oral type. but before givng rotarix, the nurse will ask u whether u wanna let ur baby take cos this is not a compulsory vaccine =)

xicloudix

haizzzz i went polyclinic she nv ask and i think now too late to give him already, more than 6mths cannot take liao

apollo

i not sure if polyclinic provides rotarix anot cos i rmb during ds's time, polyclinic does not provide rotarix. =)

xicloudix

i often saw other babies drink something before injection.... so i tot my "turn" not yet... so wait wait wait... until now i then realised that my 5 in 1 injection finish liao... then nv drink rotarix....

xicloudix

nope polyclinic see nurse de, they dun usually ask us go see doc.... i previously saw the nurse feeding other baby the rotarix... i was wondering why nurse nv feed mine, so i tot maybe not my "turn" yet.... so i nv ask... haizz i should have asked..

Edwinie

during my very first visit at toa payoh poly clinic for my son's 2nd hep b vaccine (1 month old), the nurse actually explained all the different vaccines and the optional vaccines, including rotarix rotavirus. she gave a list which also includes the price. then she said i can consider and then make a decision the next visit (3 months). do ask if they didn't mention anything.

pm me if u want a copy of it. i can scan for u.

Hi xicloudix, if you have made payment for it, then it's better that you go back to the polyclinic and clarify. One of my aunties told me to be very careful with what jab that our babies are supposed to take. Cos she experienced inefficient doctor and nurse who wanted to jab my cousin with the same immunisation jab when it was already done. Anyway, do check it out with the nurses again. Take care.