Mummies do your baby crawl.

vinder79

Hi mums my baby is currently 8mths and is not crawling.He just cries whenever we try to get him to crawl.Do your babies crawl on auto pilot or do u teach them.Any tips cause my boy has duplex kidneys but doc said to teach him all.I am wondering is he lazy or does he have a problem cause on the walker and in the pool he just zooms past usbut when we lay him down to crawl he starts crying.

jasobias

walker has nothing to do with it in my opinion.
Cld be he is a late crawler..no big deal..some babies start at 9 plus months.N u need to inspire him to crawl n make it safe.Some babies need more encouragement too.My baby loves eating paper..yup..thts not a typo..hehhe..to help her crawl then ..put a huge stack of paper on the floor n u can see her winning a crawling race.But we will quickily distract her with some toy once she reaches her finishing line.I dont think paper qualifies as nutritional food...hehhehe

vinder79

My emperor likes $50 notes.Yup no joke i can take bets from anyone u flash him a $50 note and he struggled to it.But what i dont get is why is he crying????????My elder son could walk by his first birthday.Anyway tried in the afternooon with the $50 but he only twist and turn to get the money.

jasobias

crawling needs practice..he will get better.I think my daughter cried too in the beginning..dunno why also..perfectly normal..dont worry abt it.

cmeilim

my boy only started crawling forward when he was 10 mos old recently. before that he could only crawl backwards. yes, very strange. when he started crawling forward, it was not smooth and continuous movement. we had to place his favourite cup and soft toy bear in front to entice him to crawl forward for a longer distance, and of course cheer him along alot. but once he got the coordination, he became a pro at crawling very quickly. i also thought my baby was perhaps never going to crawl, at one point in time, but on hindsight now, i believe it was a matter of time and when he is ready. every baby is unique. =)

Mummy3

My emperor likes $50 notes.Yup no joke i can take bets from anyone you flash him a $50 note and he struggled to it.But what i dont get is why is he crying????????My elder son could walk by his first birthday.Anyway tried in the afternooon with the $50 but he only twist and turn to get the money.
Wow emperor is a financial genius! Give him time. Every baby is special in their own ways. Maybe he'll just walk, skipping the crawling stage?

lonerjas

how old is ur bb dear... Every kids is diff.. my 1st born oso din crawl, he learn to walk then crawl.. My 2nd crawl at abt 6 to 7mths i vaguely rmb. nad she needs something to entice her too.. like HP or Keypouch. My youngest seems trying to crawl but tummy still flat on bed haha... he is trying.. Tk it slowly

vinder79

Do babies who walk first then crawl or those who skip crawling become very emotional??
JASOBIAS MUMMY-Did your daughte cry very badly??My son cried the house down.

CMEILIN MUMMY-I have tried toys but did not work.Recently i put a $50 note down he swam to it.Today trying with handphone with music on.

MUMMY3 MUMMY-Yup i do believe he is a financial genious not cause he wanted the note but once he took it he refused to rtn it.He put it into his shirt and when i tried to take it back he cried non stop.I had to wait till he fell asleep to take back the note.

LONERJAS MUMMY- My DS is 8mths old but i am afriad due to his kidney condition.Today it looked as though he was swimming on the bed lets see what happens 2 morrow.

Last edited:

meiteoh

Some babies skip stages - I know of a friend whose baby skipped crawling and went straight to standing/cruising. She'll shift her bum over to something and then stand up. So honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

apollo

ds started 'leopard' crawling from ard 8mths, ard 9mths den he started those 'real' crawling. we didnt teach him at all. just put him on the floor (without mat), and let him explore while we were beside him.

ds was slow in flipping last time. only flipped to right side, dunno hw to flip bk, and also dunno hw to roll until 6mth+.. i asked my pd, he told me actu such things we dun nd to 'teach' them, just give them the chance to do it and soon they will. and i believe it goes same to crawling, walking etc =)

potato

My gal is 15 months and she is crawling.. She hasn't learn to walk yet, some babies are fast, some are slower. Give them time, sooner or later, they'll walk. :)

vinder79

well my laaazy baby is now only interested in swimming.I am going to try all the advice given by mummies here in the next week.

lonerjas

Do babies who walk first then crawl or those who skip crawling become very emotional??
JASOBIAS MUMMY-Did your daughte cry very badly??My son cried the house down.

CMEILIN MUMMY-I have tried toys but did not work.Recently i put a $50 note down he swam to it.Today trying with handphone with music on.

MUMMY3 MUMMY-Yup i do believe he is a financial genious not cause he wanted the note but once he took it he refused to rtn it.He put it into his shirt and when i tried to take it back he cried non stop.I had to wait till he fell asleep to take back the note.

LONERJAS MUMMY- My dear son is 8mths old but i am afriad due to his kidney condition.Today it looked as though he was swimming on the bed lets see what happens 2 morrow.
No worries, some are slower... Just monitor :)

Stay positive

raeka

My boy crawl when he is 8months on bed. using a clock to make him crawl. he will hold on the bedsheet and backside forward.. then slowly train him to crawl on floor.. but pain lah.. cause floor hard mah..
overall still ok.

newmum80

my son started crawling (more like moving left & right dancing) at ard 4mths+ initially it is stagnant at that position but slowly along the way, u noticed that it actually start moving gradually... thn jus when he turned 7 mths, i noticed (did not train or teach him) he can crawl real fast when he sees telephone cord.. i tried to place him on the end of the bed and put the telephone on the far end, when he noticed the telephone cord, he jus charged right through it, never slow down till he grab hold of it.

Maybe u can tried placing a telephone to try it out. :)

By the way, my son when placed him on the walker, he simply stagnant there and recent time (he's abt 7mths), he move v little. So i believe every babies developed differently. Don't worry too much.

charesa09

Hi mums my baby is currently 8mths and is not crawling.He just cries whenever we try to get him to crawl.Do your babies crawl on auto pilot or do you teach them.Any tips cause my boy has duplex kidneys but doc said to teach him all.I am wondering is he lazy or does he have a problem cause on the walker and in the pool he just zooms past usbut when we lay him down to crawl he starts crying.

I recently saw a show on Babies milestone.. the experts said that whether when they will start crawling or walking has to do with their mental development , we can't push him to do it... My daughter is 8mths too and she still crawl on her stomach only.. she enjoys "tummy time" but when she's tired she'll cry.. so when your child cries maybe its just a sign that he's tired.. As long as your son lurges forward (try to push himself forward) then that should be just fine. Just a suggestion.. make play time on his tummy and sleep time on his back.. this is how i teach my gal.

Sometimes i do compare my gal with my sister-in-laws son who is now 9mths.. he can stand without support for like 2-3 secs.. and it makes me wanna make her do the same.. but sometimes as parents we need to relax a bit.. and your baby will surprise u one day..

skinneybeenie

dear son started 'leopard' crawling from around 8mths, around 9mths then he started those 'real' crawling. we didnt teach him at all. just put him on the floor (without mat), and let him explore while we were beside him.

dear son was slow in flipping last time. only flipped to right side, dont know hw to flip back, and also dont know hw to roll until 6mth+.. i asked my pediatrician, he told me actually such things we dont need to 'teach' them, just give them the chance to do it and soon they will. and i believe it goes same to crawling, walking etc =)
apollo, i agree each baby is diffrent, different personality, different responses, different learning ways. that's what makes it fun(ny).

my boy started flipping to his left at 3 mth, was only at 4mth he went from back to tummy.. and i demonstrated to him that day jus before he attempted to roll form back to tummy. I swear, he seemed to feel inspired by me rolling to show him!!! i was so ecstatic when he did it, and thoroughly amazed.
he did commando crawl starting at abt 6mth, only at 7mth plus he started to crawl. for him i din hav to do much to make him crawl, cuz he was naturally VERY curious. fiddles with my clothes and licks my neck and t-shirt too.

i did demo to him crawling before tho.. but if demo is really so good, he shd be walking now right cuz he always sees me walk.. lol..

skinneybeenie

I recently saw a show on Babies milestone.. the experts said that whether when they will start crawling or walking has to do with their mental development , we can't push him to do it... My daughter is 8mths too and she still crawl on her stomach only.. she enjoys "tummy time" but when she's tired she'll cry.. so when your child cries maybe its just a sign that he's tired.. As long as your son lurges forward (try to push himself forward) then that should be just fine. Just a suggestion.. make play time on his tummy and sleep time on his back.. this is how i teach my gal.

Sometimes i do compare my gal with my sister-in-laws son who is now 9mths.. he can stand without support for like 2-3 secs.. and it makes me wanna make her do the same.. but sometimes as parents we need to relax a bit.. and your baby will surprise you one day..

for me my boy flips to his tummy 90% of the time when he's placed on his back. i.e. since he could flip. he HATED tummy time when he was ver small. but since he could roll his liked it so much he sleeps on tummy too. the reminaing 10% of time he doesn't flip to his tummy is cuz he's tired or feeling sian.

by the way 8mth on tummy crawling is perfectly fine. since at least shwoing interest in moving. my boy will sometimes revert back to tummy crawling when he likes though he can also crawl on his fours (and one foot).. depends on his mood.. haha.. his fav item used to be his changing mat, i'd make him chase the mat for 30m!!! but now he lost interest in it.. he prefers to come after me or his dad.. :)