Mummies r u "brand conscious" for ur babies?

princessminn

for mi,nope.
my boy dont even have a single romper/tees bought by mi or my hubby which is branded...

baby gap tee and pony rompers from my sister In law to him...
e rest are mostly given by my mom's frenz or my cousin(my grandma keep them nicely,my cousin is lik 10years old already).
those i buy are all cheap cheap ones,lik those 3 for $10 etc.
But i definately will not buy those with e weird looking cartoons.
for mi,it must be cheap and nice.

pram i got it at kiddy palace.less than $200.
according to e lady,can sit till 3years old.

car seat i got it only last month after he turn 3months and it was on sale.
less than $200.according to it,can sit till 4years old.plus i use vouchers which i got it when hubby bought tv for my parent in law....

toys?
he own a few of it,but only one is bought by me...which again,i use vouchers to buy.

baby cot,1 big one at my mom's place from e boy that my mom take care and 1 small one for my parent in law's place from my aunt(my cousin is already 14years old).
matteress,my mom diy e bigger one and e smaller one was given by my neighbour.sarongs are old ones which my mom kept as she is a nanny.

baby bedsheets,pillows and bolesters,bean sprouts pillow,my mom make it on her own.

diapers,we were lucky to have lots of sample at 1st after which we buy household brand and buy bigger packs when it is on offer.

baby wipes,i stock up kodomo's when wastons has sales previously...

milk powder,i buy in cartons from my frenz who got lobang...

socks,i buy them only if they are cheap....

overall,i'll search high and low for cheap and good things for my boy....
to mi,all is 'branded' as long as they have brand....is just how to see it...
i tink i save quite alot as my mom will help mi look for hand mi downs,while my mil will do nth...
though my mil did get mi some hand mi downs,but e quailty sucks....

regarding toys i think most toys you find in department stores should be baby safe? coz most are US brands right? but after the mattel case in china i also getting suspicious of US brand toys. i will try to check where the toys are made now... if in china i will think twice unless i think the toy is really beneficial to my boy. but i will try my best not to buy those toys at neighbourhood shops. i think for this i'm not trying to be brand conscious but i'm like you mummies who scared the paint will drop. coz now my boy literally puts everything into his mouth. i will consider those cheap toys maybe after he turns 3 and finished teething and can better control his hands and have some sense of self-control.

Frenchkitty

Baby Einstein had this Discovery through Play color fabric blocks which was recalled previously due to the BLUE color paint containing too much lead.

And Baby Einstein is by Disney, US brand, but made in China. In fact, all the toys I bought from Baby Einstein, Fisher Price etc are made in China. So better to do some research on your own before buying toys for your kids.

I found out about this recall incident because I wanted to buy them for my son. Not cheap - $39.. luckily I Googled it and end up didnt buy.