Mummy who gv birth recently at Mt Alvenia (please help)!

taurus piglet

Hi to all Mummies who have recently given birth at Mt A.

Can I know how much is your Gynar charge?

My Gynae is charging $1.8K for normal birth, and inclusive of Baby's charges + Room charges & all other misc, I'm expected to fork our >$3K cash for a single bedded. (Based on estimated Bill, 3D,2N)

This kinda scare me & Hubby abit as we expect the cash to be only ard $2K. More than $3K in cash is like 50% more.. :nah:

Just wondering is it bcoz of my Gynae is charging more expensive... But, after doing some comparison online, it seems that $1.8K for the Gynae charges seems to be quite okay.

So, really appreciate your inputs here.

Many thanks in advance. :001_302:

My Gynae is charging $1.8K for normal birth, and inclusive of Baby's charges + Room charges & all other misc, I'm expected to fork our >$3K cash for a single bedded. (Based on estimated Bill, 3D,2N)

This kinda scare me & Hubby abit as we expect the cash to be only ard $2K. More than $3K in cash is like 50% more.. :nah:

Just wondering is it bcoz of my Gynae is charging more expensive... But, after doing some comparison online, it seems that $1.8K for the Gynae charges seems to be quite okay.

My gynae charges were $1.6 for normal delivery and $400 for visits during my stay.
But cash payment for total stay inclusive of everything was $1500.

Last edited:

kittyki

This doesn't include your gynae delivery charges rite?
Does not include gynae charges.
My gynae charges $2000 for package (standard services from week 20 onwards + natural delivery).
Things like 3D scan, blood tests, etc. need to fork out more.

kittyki

Ur Gynae charge actually quite ok.
Some things can deduct from Medisave.
U can check with ur gynae.
Room charges from hospital can also deduct partially from Medisave.

Anyone know if wish to go have a tour in the hospital before giving birth, must we make an appointment or just walk in?

knut29

have to book appointment as they have limited slots each day.. saturday tours are especially hard to book.. i ended up booking on a weekday..

I look thru my bills when i delivered my first girl last yr aug...

I was on assisted delivery with epidural stayed in 4 bedded. total amount paid in cash was ard 3k!!!! this includes

-hospital charges+medication+ Clinical Comsumable supply+equiqment usage + GST $1973.35
-doctor attendance free $214
-doctor delivery fee $1605
-Anasthetist fee $400
-Baby package+ Nursery bed+Labotory service+Diagbostic Imaging Service +GST $593.85
-Paedatric attendance fee $278.20

MINUS medisave $2219( actually can deduct up to $2600) but medisave not enough... so balance I pay around $2800 plus minus...

after i read all mummies post... i wonder... y my balance charges so ex????

STmummy

Hi, I'm packing my bag now. Does Mount A provide towels? I forgot as it had been 2.5 yrs since my 1st delivery. Thanks!

knut29

they give face towel in their toiletries bag.. but i recommend you to bring your old bath towel if you want to bath.. coz they charge for whatever extras (that are not given) that you ask for.. red dates drink over there cost $8.. maternity loops will be charged if ask for extra..

STmummy

they give face towel in their toiletries bag.. but i recommend you to bring your old bath towel if you want to bath.. coz they charge for whatever extras (that are not given) that you ask for.. red dates drink over there cost $8.. maternity loops will be charged if ask for extra..
Hi all, I just called MA to check and they provide towels FOC. Just for your info.

knut29

their explanation that time when I ask was that the ones they give has no opening/buttons in front, so not suitable for breastfeeding..