Must change formula when baby turns 6month?

ohstrawberry

I'm now using Enfalac A+ (Stage 1 - below 12months)for my boy, the paediatrician gave me Enfapro A+ (Stage 2 - after 6months) recently.
Wondering is there a need to change formula when he turns 6mths old, or i can still continue give Enfalac A+, any mommies using the same formula can advise please?

apollo

Re: Must change formulka when baby turns 6month?

since it is for under 12mths, means u can let ur baby drink until 1yo. so is actu up to u whether u wanna change anot =)

diymummy

You can do a comparison between the nutrients and realise that some components are diff. That's coz by 6 mths your kid should have started some forms of solids and she should be getting some form of nutrients from solid food. You can continue on Enfalac if you still have some and switch when you finish it.

Ting

i think it is up to u to decide.
agree with diy mummy, check the nutrients level.
i think (think only horr), stage 1 nutrients shld be more than stage 2 since 6 mths old alr start on semi solids.
but, if your baby not taking in solids well, then can contd with stage 1, if taking solids well then move on to stage 2 after u finish stage 1.

ohstrawberry

Thanks for all your precious advise. I checked on the tin:
Enfalac A+ provides 2210kj/100g and Enfapro A+ is 1868kj/100g.
Enfapro A+ have more food energy (kcal), protein, carbohydrate, minerals, vitamin A/D/K1, thiamin, clacium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc...
But difference not very big, think i will continue Enfalac A+.
Like Ting said, it's quite true, some ingredients in Enfalac A+ is not present in Enfapro A+, thus Enfalac A+ got more nutrients.
I will monitor my boy on the intake of solids first before decide again to change formula then.

i think it is up to you to decide.
agree with diy mummy, check the nutrients level.
i think (think only horr), stage 1 nutrients shld be more than stage 2 since 6 mths old already start on semi solids.
but, if your baby not taking in solids well, then can contd with stage 1, if taking solids well then move on to stage 2 after you finish stage 1.