Mutton Redang

Does any mummies here knows how cook mutton redang indian style. I bought tumeric, cumin, coriander and chilli. All powder form. Am i still lack of any ingredients? Wish to cook those dry, thick kind.

Swimtutor

Alpha Male
Does any mummies here knows how cook mutton redang indian style. I bought tumeric, cumin, coriander and chilli. All powder form. Am i still lack of any ingredients? Wish to cook those dry, thick kind.
YOu still lack of lime leaves... which is the main ingredient for the fragrance smell. Got to simmer them well in the slow cooker. :)

doratheexplorer

herez the recipe u can try

500g mutton, cut into 2 1/2-3cm cubes
500ml coconut milk (general santan)
4 tbsp oil

Ground (combined):
10 dried chillies, seeded
5 fresh red chillies, seeded
20 shallots
4cm piece ginger
2cm piece galangale
3 stalks lemon grass
3 pieces dried tamarind slices
1 turmeric leaf, shredded
3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
3 tbsp toasted coconut

Seasoning:
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
Method
Heat oil in a kuali and fry combined ground ingredients until aromatic. Add a little coconut milk and continue to fry until oil separates. (add more coconut milk to prevent mixture from sticking to the kuali.)

Put in mutton and fry for three to four minutes. Put in remaining coconut milk and tamarind skin. Simmer until meat is cooked and gravy turns thick.

Add turmeric leaf, kaffir lime leaves and toasted coconut. Mix well. Add salt and lemon juice to taste. Cook until meat is tender. Dish out and serve with plain rice.

Ting

sounds good. but im so lazy to cook. maybe ask my dad to cook instead. hehe.