my baby BCG got pus. Is it normal??

baby_elmo

anyone can advise if it is normal for baby BCG area got pus??

my gal was 6 weeks old and her left arm BCG area started to have pus forming inside.

:mhissyfit:she is getting very cranky recently and cry till whole face turning dark red.

:barghh:is it due to the pain? anything we can help to reduce the pain / clean the wound?

Flame Angel

I delivered my son in mt.A , they put his BCG jab in his butt not sure why .. But along with a health booklet they gave a paper regarding the bcg that it will cause swelling and not to worry
but dear son had pus in that , it was very painful for my son coz my son got cranky and cried a lot when we carried him
my super hubby removed the pus from the spot by squeezing it out and put antiseptic powder there ..we didn't get him wet on his butt for 2 days .. It got healed well ..
So pls don't try what my hubby did ...
You can get a second opinion from other mummies here
But it's really painful for the little ones
hope your daughter gets over this soon

BbpHir3

it's normal.. my gal's BCG oso got pus.. pd told us "dun apply anything/ do anything to it.."

for my boy, he dun have any pus etc..

anyone can advise if it is normal for baby BCG area got pus??

my gal was 6 weeks old and her left arm BCG area started to have pus forming inside.

:mhissyfit:she is getting very cranky recently and cry till whole face turning dark red.

:barghh:is it due to the pain? anything we can help to reduce the pain / clean the wound?
very normal. dear son also got it perviously, we did not know it was BCG, still went to apply diaper rash cream on it, tinking it was a rash ting, haaha so funny of us till the nurse at poly clinic told us. just ignore it. it will go away. usu baby wont feel anything. why its on the butt is bcoz so that baby will not go n scratch it. haha

hui_ru_88

I delivered my son in mt.A , they put his BCG jab in his butt not sure why ..
I was told that for babies who are born in private hospitals, the BCG will be jab at buttock. But for babies who are born in government hospitals, the BCG will be jab at arm.

meiteoh

Yes it is. When I took my BCG booster at 12 yo, I had pus as well. Don't be a nut like my hubby - he went and burst it like a pimple even though I told him not to (he doesn't know anything about BCG jabs and all). Just let it be and it'll go away plus the scar that forms will be very small, smooth and nice.

baby_elmo

I delivered my son in mt.A , they put his BCG jab in his butt not sure why .. But along with a health booklet they gave a paper regarding the bcg that it will cause swelling and not to worry
but dear son had pus in that , it was very painful for my son coz my son got cranky and cried a lot when we carried him
my super hubby removed the pus from the spot by squeezing it out and put antiseptic powder there ..we didn't get him wet on his butt for 2 days .. It got healed well ..
So pls dont't try what my hubby did ...
You can get a second opinion from other mummies here
But it's really painful for the little ones
hope your daughter gets over this soon
:Dancing_wub:Today the pus comes out from my ger's BCG after bath and i slowly clean it off with tissue once it flows out bit by bit from the spot. Looks like she is feeling :001_302: better now. Hopefully it will heals soon.

Ladies, thank you so much for sharing.

apollo

I was told that for babies who are born in private hospitals, the BCG will be jab at buttock. But for babies who are born in government hospitals, the BCG will be jab at arm.
yup right.. my fren told me tt too =)

baby_elmo

:Dancing_sorry:my gal's BCG has pus coming out and dried up then happen again the third time. sigh.... when will it heals.