My baby boy doesn't like to bathe

charmlim

I thought all babies love water, but every morning when me and my MIL try to bath my baby boy, he will cry his lungs out. Any way to make him comfortable and not tr eat bathing like a torture?

LoVeS

Is it the water too cold or too hot? U should slowly put ur ds down into the bathtub let him adjust to the change of heat in the water. Sum bb can b in fear or even feel insecure. Tok to ur ds when bathing him, let him knw u r here wif him n holding onto him. Put sum rubber ducky or bath toys for him to play which might improve.

JenLee98

THere are 2 types of babies - like water and fear water. I guess u hv to show him how playing with water is fun, put some squacky toys there, do some splashing and then slowly intro him in.

rjj

Your bb is still very young, only 3 wks old, rite? He likely cannot or don't know how to enjoy the water yet. He could be crying b'cos water is too cold or too hot. Or the way u hold him when showering is not comfortable. Many possibilities.

Talk to him more and play with him more. Very soon he will like it esp when he grows older, very soon he will be crying when you get him out of the water le... :001_302:

sherlin

Hi,

Prehaps you should try this. It works for my DS who's 6 weeks old now.
And he enjoys bathing especially washing his hair.

1) Always bath the baby at the right time. Not near to his feeding time, not when he/she is hungry, not when he/she is sleepy and tired. Baby will cry if you choose the wrong time to bath him

2) Get a thermometer for the tub. Or get one tub with built in thermometer. Never bath the baby in hot or cold water. 36 - 37 degrees is just nice. I am using Safety first ducky tub. it comes with a net that holds baby so both my hands can touch him and a built in thermometer.

3) Sing and keep eye contact with baby. I always sing lullabies in soft tones. He likes it (It also relaxes you so you will not be Gan Cheong) Babies are smart, they can sense that you are tense and they will also get gan cheong too!

4) Make sure that all the stuffs you need is ready at hand. So you can bathe and clothe baby fast fast. Keep bathing time at 10 - 15 mins max.

5) When putting baby down to tub, tell him so. It sounds stupid but it works and i pick that up from a book. When you are putting him down, say Here you go down...When lifting him, says Up you come to mummy.....

Hope the above works for you too!