My baby doesn't seem to like solids

Nao

:embarrassed: My son is 7months now. Had been giving him solids since 5-1/2months But he doesn't seem to like them. he only like my breastmilk..... what should i do? I started giving him porridge this week but after 2-3spoons, he will just bite his lips tight and give a refusal face.

LoVeS

why not u try giving ur bb other solid foods like cereal or puree or other things? Mayb he doesnt like porridge? My ds aso dun like porridge at all but can try other stuffs. At least ur bb like milk unlike mine, he doesnt even like milk nowadays.

Nao

I had given him other purees too... But he really takes very little portion. He is a big baby..10.3kg at 7months...so i scared he do not have enough nutrients....By the way, i also have another problem. He stick to me like a koala bear.. I minute i gets up to do the housework, he will cry like crazy...HOW????????????????

LoVeS

I had given him other purees too... But he really takes very little portion. He is a big baby..10.3kg at 7months...so i scared he do not have enough nutrients....By the way, i also have another problem. He stick to me like a koala bear.. I minute i gets up to do the housework, he will cry like crazy...HOW????????????????
if ur bb is gain weight then it ok. Try nt to make him get used to u carry him, nowadays my ds aso like tt but i will ignore his cry if nt he will tink crying can get to wat he wans

wakie

Try giving plain cereal mixed with breastmilk. Start little and slowly add more as days go by. Also try changing the time of when u feed solid food. Maybe feed when he's had enough sleep and not when he's really hungry. This was how my boy started when he was 6 mths. I had a tough time getting him to take solid at 1st. Have patience... now he's 9 mths and has 1 meal of solid food a day. It may be tough in the beginning but it'll work over time.

LoVeS

i tink wat she mean is her bb is fussy eater tts why porridge her bb dun like n dun wan eat. There r certain foods sum bbs dun like it one.

Nao

These few days, he is coping well with the food again... i guess babies do have mood...some days, they will eat but some days, they still refuse to eat anything.... But have another big problem and that is he always stick to me like a koala bear....This really makes me very irritated..i just can't do my own things.....Are babies of this age like that?

maine78

My ds is a truely fussy eater. Since started solid at 5.5mths, feeding was always a v long process n require extreme patience. He's currently taking 4-5tsp of porriage for lunch n dinner n feeding time is 1.5hr. Morning cereal feeding also need 45mins. I can't get him to eat any faster coz he'll just closed his lips tighter n shake his head non-stop or use his hands to push the spoon away. Even my friends who r mummies also shake head when they tried to feed my ds.

My ds cry if i'm not within his sight. Sometimes, i just let him cry. But bcoz his voice is really loud (even my neighbours complaint liao) so whenever i'm doing chores, i'll just put him in the highchair n place him with me in the kitchen. Bo bian

Hope this is just a passing phase for him.

Nao

Yes yes, my bb behaves the same way too..... i also put him in the highchair wherever i am....in kitchen..room and etc.. i also hope this is only a passing phase for him..If not, i will go crazy...some people say that if the babies are looked after your mothers themselves, usually they always stuck to us like glue..is that true?

LoVeS

My ds is a truely fussy eater. Since started solid at 5.5mths, feeding was always a v long process n require extreme patience. He's currently taking 4-5tsp of porriage for lunch n dinner n feeding time is 1.5hr. Morning cereal feeding also need 45mins. I can't get him to eat any faster coz he'll just closed his lips tighter n shake his head non-stop or use his hands to push the spoon away. Even my friends who r mummies also shake head when they tried to feed my ds.

My ds cry if i'm not within his sight. Sometimes, i just let him cry. But bcoz his voice is really loud (even my neighbours complaint liao) so whenever i'm doing chores, i'll just put him in the highchair n place him with me in the kitchen. Bo bian

Hope this is just a passing phase for him.
LOL mine is opposite of ur ds ~ My ds is very impatient wif us feeding him although we already feed VERY fast BUT he still will scream at us to feed faster. :tlaugh:

Celina

My son also very notti, if feed too slow he wil scream.. GIve him afte a few feeds he dun really wan. So muz push it into his mouth.. feeding time maybe 10-20 mins..

He sticks to me alot too.. If he sees im doing others things and someone else is carrying him, he stil wants me..

maine78

Yes yes, my bb behaves the same way too..... i also put him in the highchair wherever i am....in kitchen..room and etc.. i also hope this is only a passing phase for him..If not, i will go crazy...some people say that if the babies are looked after your mothers themselves, usually they always stuck to us like glue..is that true?
Yup, tat's wat i'm doing too. But can understand why he cry coz he's prob feeling insecure when can't see me, somemore stuck in a highchair. I just give him a toy (toys with lights n sounds works for him). My ds not sticky to me. I place him on the floor n off he goes, crawling every other directions except towards me haha... Actually i'm quite guilty coz i dun spend much time with him (so many chores to do) but i'll try to spend at least 1hr with him, play wrestling or sing/read to him. He spent most of the time watching tv. :embarrassed:

LOL mine is opposite of ur ds ~ My ds is very impatient wif us feeding him although we already feed VERY fast BUT he still will scream at us to feed faster. :tlaugh:
Loves, you must be the luckiest mum when it comes to feeding yr bb. I resigned to fate that my ds is a fussy eater. Just pray for a miracle that my ds will eat faster :001_302: