My baby girl Shaunna borned 38 weeks 3 days

EDD: 17Oct09
Weight: 2.640Kg
Length: 47cm
Delivered by: Emergency C-Sect

Here's my birth story

05Oct09
1200 Had slight brownish discharge
1500 Has slight reddish discharge and contractions but dont know how long apart.
1600 Decide to call gynae. He ask to go his clinic straight away for check up
1800 Reach gynae clinic, did VE, only 1cm dilated. Discharge is probably due to cervix dilating. Doctor wants me to admit immediately. After discussing, he decide to let me go back home to monitor and to go back next day at 3pm for check up. In the meantime if i have contractions every 15min i am to admit myself immediately.
Had slight discharge thru out the night. Just that it increase by the hour.

06Oct09
0330 Woken up by pain due to contraction. Tried to go back to sleep but getting woken up by every pain.
0430 Decided to go hospital.
0530 Reached hospital. After admission, given a bottle of liquid to help me poo. VE done, only 2.5cm dilated. Nurses say will probably give birth in the afternoon after 2pm. By now am having contractions at intervals of 2-6min. Just the thought of having to go thru it for another 10 hours or more makes me so demoralised.
0750 Gynae finally arrived. First thing he saw me was 'See? I told you.' dont know to laugh or cry. He checked me, said the same thing, 2-3cm dilated. Then he say to break my water bag to speed up the process. Immediately when he water rushed out, he was shocked. Cos he say my water bag inside all full of blood. Asked my hubby who is all the way at my side to see. Hubby also shocked. When gynea clear the sheet below me i did see that it was full of blood too. Gynea say my placenta ruptured. Gynea say cannot wait, had to go thru emergency c-sect. Within a short while instructions was given to prepare for operating theatre and many other instructions to nurses flying around. I was totally shocked and in a panic and crying cos i dont know what happen and why suddenly escalated into something so serious. Gynea left the labour ward, nurses shaved for me, ask me some questions that i dont remember now. In a short while i am pushed to the OT. Saw gynea, he told me again very dangerous cannot wait baby and me in danger. before i can digest what he told me i heard 3 times 'breath in breath out' then i comatosed.
0822 Dear Shuanna is safely delivered. (But this i learnt only after i woke up at about 10+am)

Was kinda disappointed ithat my hubby and I couldn't see my daughter being delivered. But what to do... Safety is most important right...

Sharing my daughter's picture taken on the first day.

Attachments

Thanks everyone for the blessings and well wishes.

Now i realised pregnancy and labour is not as tough as taking care of baby girl!!!

:we2arghh::we2arghh:

Porukadotzu

Thanks everyone for the blessings and well wishes.

Now i realised pregnancy and labour is not as tough as taking care of baby girl!!!

:we2arghh::we2arghh:
Hi Pinkpluspinky,

congratulation for your baby girl....ofcoz taking care are more hardworking...but dun worry, only for the 1st few months...!! jiayou!!!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:girl power! :tlaugh::tlaugh:

We did ask, but doctor din say the reason. Only said there's some inflammation on my placenta, and that it happens to 2 in 100 ppl. They took my placenta for tests. Perhaps next check up I can ask him.