My breastfeeding journey

soapsoap

My baby gal Bowie 8 month, way before she was born I wan determine to breastfeed her as this is the best gift I can provide her with. As I am the first one in my family to give birth and breastfeed there no one I can turn to when I have difficulty in breastfeeding, forum way the only place I can find all the information.

I still remember how my mum way nagging at me when I tell her I going to breast feed my baby, she give me all sort of reason why no to breast feed and the most funny one is " all of u also not BF one also grow up well on formula" she will never understand the feeling of BF your baby and knowing this is the best gift to provide ur baby.

I have success in Bfing my gal for8 month despite all the tireness of not enough sleep.

Think my journey will be ending soon as my supply is super low this few day, hope it will come back and I can continue to bf my baby, I really do not wish to give her formula

megtan

You can do it! Has your menses resume? Mine came back in full swing in the 9th month. I just continued despite a much slower letdown and dear son was rather impatient to continue suckling.
He's coming to one year soon, and I'm looking forward to celebrate my one year of bf journey :D

soapsoap

My menstrual return the 2nd month after I give birth, this few day when I express milk I cannot Feel the letdown at all when my gal latch at night I think she cannot suck any milk out and she keep crying.

Cooked fish soup and drink milk tea yesterday hope that will increase my milk supply.

Really do not wish to end my bf journey so soon.

Yesterday try one time formula for my gal she don like it, really don know wat to do

banner82

I experienced the samething when my menses returned. No matter what i eat- fish soup, milk and milo - my supply was still low. This is because we produce less milk due to the changes in homone level from menses. Instead, I gave formula to my son and he takes well to formula. Maybe you should change to another brand of formula.

soapsoap

Today just find out I am in the early stage of pregnant, wan to check with the mummies here....
Is it still safe for me to continue breastfeed?
Is there any way for me to increase my milk supply? Still safe to drink milk tea and sacre tea?

Edwinie

Today just find out I am in the early stage of pregnant, wan to check with the mummies here....
Is it still safe for me to continue breastfeed?
Is there any way for me to increase my milk supply? Still safe to drink milk tea and sacre tea?
Congrats!

You can continue to breastfeed. Just inform your doc.

Maybe the drop in supply is due to hormones of pregnancy. I think it will be hard to rectify with tea or soups.. Just to be safe, drinking soup like papaya fish head would be a better choice.

soapsoap

I have to stop breast feeding as told be the gynea as I am having some spotting, I have to stop breast feeding if not I will cause harm to my unborn baby.

This two night my baby have been crying alot at night cause she cannot latch on, it really hurt me to see her cry till so bad

ast0212

Ohh no :( So sad to hear that! :(

Is there a breastfeeding counsellor you can speak to? They're very good in helping breastfeeding mothers through emotional times... I've called the one in my country a couple of times and they are wonderful.

Hope it works out well for you.