My daughter now 15mth still haven't eat much soild food...

ireneliau

I'm new to this forum.. My mother in law is look after my daughter.. i'm not in a good term with my in law.. She is a typical tradtional olden thinkin housewife who clean her house e whole day and very naggy person.Can't stand this type of person.
I still living with her but luckily i'm moving out in 6mth time..

Problem: when my gal ard 8 to 10month, my in law cook only pumkim or sweet potato porridge for my gal to eat. at first she eat very well but after maybe half or 3/4 bowl she always wanted to vomit out then my in law will stop feeding her. A few week later,she don want to eat so my in law till now didn't cook for her..

Currently she drinking 6oz milk 6 to 7 time/ 4oz water 2time/ a few bit of bread/ a few bit of banana.. iszit normal?

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Hi,

If you are still having any doubt on it,

it is the safeist way to consult a children doctor or health professional about the situation.

Or other mummies have other good suggestion?

:wong19::wong19:

jedamum

should be getting 3 solid meal (breakfast lunch and dinner) by this age. put the differences aside and discuss with your MIL about your kid's meal plan.

how heavy is your kid now?

if your MIL finds it taxing to look after a running toddler (eg her energy level cannot meet your kid's), you can consider waiting for another 3 mths and then put your child in childcare when she hit 18 mths.

JMHO.

ireneliau

should be getting 3 solid meal (breakfast lunch and dinner) by this age. put the differences aside and discuss with your MIL about your kid's meal plan.

how heavy is your kid now?

if your MIL finds it taxing to look after a running toddler (eg her energy level cannot meet your kid's), you can consider waiting for another 3 mths and then put your child in childcare when she hit 18 mths.

JMHO.
my daughter now 9.7kg.. but she quite tall almost 80cm at 15month.. so abit under weight.. Most likely will let her go child care after my own house is ready next year.. but think will have abit of problem if she still drinking mainly milk.. She still haven't hold her milk bottle on her own.. thank for the suggestion.. keep in touch..

ireneliau

Hi,

If you are still having any doubt on it,

it is the safeist way to consult a children doctor or health professional about the situation.

Or other mummies have other good suggestion?

:wong19::wong19:
She went for injection on 26nov.. Doc say she abit under weight.. So i increase her milk to 6oz.. She did finish all most of the time.. My in law feed her eat abit of bread.. but bit by bit only.. Not in good term with IL so quite hard to communicate as she think she know better then me.. so i keep quiet.. I can only wait till i get my own house then i have my say.. :(

yuki

my gal just turn 14mths...she been on solid since 6mths old when she was at infant care. Her meals timetable as follows

6am - 630am Wakey They feed her bread/yolk/cereal/biscuits for bf ard 8am , f milk fd ard 930 before morning nap fish/pork/chicken congee wif spinach/tofu for lunch wif fruits after.....as for teabreak they gave biscuit/cereal/bread.

wilcris

I started feeding my boy porridge when he turn 6mths. Slowly when he grow, i feed him start introduce rice, noodle to him. Now he is 15 mth, he eat almost everything, Of cause i have see what he can eat and wat he can't la.
If your daughter split out the food maybe you can try to cook different kind of porridge to her. Not always the same kind.
My mum and I always think of different thing to cook for my son. Cause sometimes always eat the same also will get sick of it.

ireneliau

what is yr son weight and height now? Will ask my hushand to ask his mum to cook or buy porridge to my gal again..
i know y my husband family all so skinny.. cos is the way her mum look after mah.. that y all underweight.. hai..

LayKwan

HI, I really pity the little gal. I always believe relationship is two way. Your MIL in fact loves your gal and you also must appreciate her help to look after your gal. Definitely there will be generation gap but it depends on how you handle it i think.

Suggest a good talk with her and try to get a common understanding. Find out the reason why your MIL didn;t want to feed your gal with solid food. If she is too busy cooking it then perhaps you could feed your gal with cereal.

How about weekends when you are not working, you also could let your MIL rest and you take care of the gal, this way you got a chance to feed her with whatever food you think is good for her.

This is my one penny suggestion.

ireneliau

HI, I really pity the little gal. I always believe relationship is two way. Your MIL in fact loves your gal and you also must appreciate her help to look after your gal. Definitely there will be generation gap but it depends on how you handle it i think.

Suggest a good talk with her and try to get a common understanding. Find out the reason why your MIL didn;t want to feed your gal with solid food. If she is too busy cooking it then perhaps you could feed your gal with cereal.

How about weekends when you are not working, you also could let your MIL rest and you take care of the gal, this way you got a chance to feed her with whatever food you think is good for her.

This is my one penny suggestion.
hi, thank for yr suggestion.. now i got my own house.. i feed her eat porridge, biscuit and other food that i eat.. is not easy to stay with in law seriously.. i appreciate that my in law look after her when we are working.. but our way for taking care of baby is different..

leey

hi, thank for yr suggestion.. now i got my own house.. i feed her eat porridge, biscuit and other food that i eat.. is not easy to stay with in law seriously.. i appreciate that my in law look after her when we are working.. but our way for taking care of baby is different..
Glad to hear the good news from you.
Keep on good care on the kid ...:Dancing_wub:

JPJ

Hi, sometimes, if u r outside, u may like her to have some smoothies or custard from heinz/gerber. I thout those r quite good for toddlers as snack. even i taste it & i thout those taste good. easy for outing food!

Ting

hmmmmm, pin was abt 82 cm n 11.8 kg at 15 mths old.

she eats anything n everything. very greedy baby.
lols.
she doesnt really like to drink milk now.
only in the morning n at night b4 she goes to slp.
other than that, she eats wat we eat.
but i feed her rice, noodles, cakes, bread, biscuits n many fruits.
she is a eating machine, nvr seems to get full.
i think maybe u need to expose ya girl to more kinds of food.
:D

sherlin

When your toddler threw out food after several successful mouthful, could mean he or she finds the porridge boring....try other food to entice them.... most toddlers love mashed potato with carrot and egg yolk...you can try replacing one meal with it and it contains vitamins, carbo, protein....will help to replenish the energy they need and help in gaining bit more weight.

I have a chinese/english cookbook on baby to toddler's food receipes...very good... if you need...you can email me nikac2003@yahoo.com.sg, i can photocopy them for you and then you can collect from me loh...

yan2

I'm new to this forum.. My mother in law is look after my daughter.. i'm not in a good term with my in law.. She is a typical tradtional olden thinkin housewife who clean her house e whole day and very naggy person.Can't stand this type of person.
I still living with her but luckily i'm moving out in 6mth time..

Problem: when my gal ard 8 to 10month, my in law cook only pumkim or sweet potato porridge for my gal to eat. at first she eat very well but after maybe half or 3/4 bowl she always wanted to vomit out then my in law will stop feeding her. A few week later,she don want to eat so my in law till now didn't cook for her..

Currently she drinking 6oz milk 6 to 7 time/ 4oz water 2time/ a few bit of bread/ a few bit of banana.. iszit normal?
15 months should have three solid meals..try to give her more choices of food...ask your husband to tell MIL to cook porridge with minced pork or etc...just dumped all the ingredients into the slow cooker..easy...both lunch and dinner settled.