My ds needs to be fed every 2 hrs

charmlim

My 3 wks old ds these 2 days quite haywire in his sleeping pattern. Now when we put him in the cot after feeding, he will wake up and cry abt 30 mins later, my MIL have to carry him and pat him to sleep and put him back in the cot again. Why is it like that? How we know babies have wind in their stomach and is it ok to put yu yee oil on him at this age?

ireneliau

My 3 wks old ds these 2 days quite haywire in his sleeping pattern. Now when we put him in the cot after feeding, he will wake up and cry abt 30 mins later, my MIL have to carry him and pat him to sleep and put him back in the cot again. Why is it like that? How we know babies have wind in their stomach and is it ok to put yu yee oil on him at this age?
------------------
then should increase the amount of milk so that yr ds drink every 3 to 4hours.. put 1 or 2 drops and rub on yr plam then rub it on the baby tummy.. jus gently tap on baby stomach and you will noe roughly whether yr baby have wind anot.. gripe water might help to clear wind too..

Mrs Xie

To me, I feel nothing wrong with your 3wk old baby to wake up for milk at interval 2hrs... my dd did that when she was a newborn too.... applying Ruyi oil is alright at her age. Try to place your palm on your baby's stomach with one hand, and knock gently with the other hand to listen on how the sound goes. If you heard hollow sound while you tap, that means there's wind in the baby's stomach. This method works for me but I'm not sure it works for everybody. Give your baby more time to adjust the sleeping pattern. Be patience and I'm sure she would sleep better in no time.

CynCyn

It's alright to apply Ru Yi oil on yr baby . I did that and even my confinement lady did that too frm new born until now .

And it's normal for 2hrs interval feed . I nearly went haywire with the 2hrs interval feed . But this is definitely a part and parcel of a newborn . Try increasing his milk intake .

CynCyn

To me, I feel nothing wrong with your 3wk old baby to wake up for milk at interval 2hrs... my dd did that when she was a newborn too.... applying Ruyi oil is alright at her age. Try to place your palm on your baby's stomach with one hand, and knock gently with the other hand to listen on how the sound goes. If you heard hollow sound while you tap, that means there's wind in the baby's stomach. This method works for me but I'm not sure it works for everybody. Give your baby more time to adjust the sleeping pattern. Be patience and I'm sure she would sleep better in no time.
It works just as well for me too .

rjj

Apparently, some babies are on 3hr feed, some on 2hrs. So it is normal.

As for Ruyi oil, I also use on baby since born leh.... it works too :)

LoVeS

same as u i used to ask why my bb always wake up for milk every 3hrs n it is very frustrating during the nite as u dun get enuff slp. My ds only manage to slp thru w/o waking up for milk when he is almost 4mths old. Juz bear wif it, when he is older things will b better.

muman

I have the same concern too. My baby even does not like sleep in her cot, only stay for 30 minutes if let her sleep in cot. :(
Hope it will get better when she's older.

charmlim

I think my ds (coming 4 weeks) is getting less than 15-16 hours of sleep tat a NB should have. Now after every afternoon feeding, he should be sleeping but he stays wide awake. My MIL has to carry him until the next feeding which is 2 hrs later. Is it ok? I will going back to work next mth & if my MIL has to carry him all the time, how is she going to get her work done?

LoVeS

I think my ds (coming 4 weeks) is getting less than 15-16 hours of sleep tat a NB should have. Now after every afternoon feeding, he should be sleeping but he stays wide awake. My MIL has to carry him until the next feeding which is 2 hrs later. Is it ok? I will going back to work next mth & if my MIL has to carry him all the time, how is she going to get her work done?
dun carry ur bb too often if nt ur bb will b used to it n always wan ppl to carry as the bb get older aso.

If he doesnt wan to slp so b it lor n if the bb is tired he will slp

charmlim

i am at my wits end. My ds cry the whole afternoon today. Put him down on the cot, he cries. Carry him, he stops. How to leave him, he will cry the whole house down. Is he not feeling well?

rjj

i am at my wits end. My ds cry the whole afternoon today. Put him down on the cot, he cries. Carry him, he stops. How to leave him, he will cry the whole house down. Is he not feeling well?
Actually babies very smart one.... they know when they cry they get carried.... try to drag a little lor... dun just cry only carry.... :)

LoVeS

he is used to u or ur mil to carry already tts why he behaving tt way.

charmlim

Then how, my MIL is going back to work soon. I will be alone with my ds. Should i buy a sarong to put him in so that i can get work done? If not how is he going to sleep?

LoVeS

Then how, my MIL is going back to work soon. I will be alone with my ds. Should i buy a sarong to put him in so that i can get work done? If not how is he going to sleep?
sarong is the last resort for parents coz bb get "addicted" to it n when slping at other place or holiday it will b a headache. For me i dun encourage sarong but it was my last resort as i bear wif wat u had for almost a mth. Even wif sarong aso having same issue TKS to my neighbour above us.

charmlim

how old is your baby? wat did your neighbour do? Sometimes my neighbour upstairs get irritated by my ds crying, he will pull and drag chairs or tables. so fed up.

LoVeS

how old is your baby? wat did your neighbour do? Sometimes my neighbour upstairs get irritated by my ds crying, he will pull and drag chairs or tables. so fed up.
my ds now is almost 8mths old. My neighbour always dragging or duno wat else aso tt make alot of noises during daytime EVERYDAY n aso even almost midnite 11+ they still drag chairs or watever making alot of noise tt my ds always got scared by those noises frm his slp so end up midnite he bcome more cranky n keep waking up bcoz earlier scared by the noises.

Actually i dun mind them during daytime doing tt n i bear wif it almost everyday BUT i find tt such noises at after 10+ to even 12am it is very inconsiderate lor. They haf kids themselves they should knw how is it like so they should put themselves in our shoes lor.

JOANNA-

After ds full month, he'll nap in e morning after e feed at abt 8am and slp till 11am-12pm and he'll be awake till evening time and nap again . Maybe u can try pat him to slp lor . Dun let him get used to carry him cos it'll be a big headache for u and family as cant do own things . My ds also e same for e 1st 2mths, cant do much things lor always wanna carry or play with him . But after all, till now he going 5mths liao can play by himself . But sometimes bored liao he will call for me . Dun carry him once he cry, wait for sometime . Heard from fren's gynae tat is good to let ur newborn cry for sometime as is good for his lungs .

justmint

hey! ur case is same as mine when my bb was younger.

we always needs to carry him, he dislike to be let down to sleep in the day. which means he rarely get a good nap & in the end he needs his milk very fast, in 2hrs time he'll cry for milk.

It was until my mom hurt her wrist then we bought the yao lan.
It works very well! in less than 10mins bb will go to sleep very easily!!
From then onwards, we don't have any problem in his nap times. He sleeps more & the milk time extended to 3hrs.

Maybe u should consider a yao lan for your bb.

huiling

hi,i agree to get e yao lan as i used for my both kids & they r not addict to it.my gal stop slping in it during 1yr+ hershelf.then nw my boy still slping in it(jus pass 1yr old).he drink every 3hr but sometime can go further till 4-5hr if he slping.