My First Pregnancy -BFP 15 July 2012

scarletmer

Dear mums and mums-to-be,

After trying to conceive for 11 months, I finally had a positive pregnancy test on a Guardian test, and immediately confirmed it with a Clearblue Digital which indicated I was 2-3 weeks along.

Since then, I have been more conscious of the mild cramping and once-in-a-while twinges.

Concerned, I went for a check-up at Kandang Kerbau Hospital 24hour walk-in clinic. Surprisingly on a Tuesday afternoon, the wait was alright (less than 1.5 hours from registration to buying meds at pharmacy). I was asked to take a pregnancy test and we did a vaginal ultrasound.

The ultrasound was my regret, because I had some spotting after, but it has since stopped as of last night. (So only lasted a few hours after my gynae visit) but the scary thing is I had NO spotting prior so I was thinking," What have I done!" anyway, apparently it is too early and all they could see was a sac. I did furious online research and was relieved to gather that that is the norm. So, have to wait till my next private gynae appointment on the 30 July.

Oh and they prescribed dydrogesterone to me to boost my uterus. Normal?

Well, I guess I am just sharing my experience, and perhaps some of you have some advice or something.

MsSaggi

Hi scarletmer,
First of all, congrats to you.
Me too, was in the same situation as you.. Except the spotting part.. As confirmed by the KKH 24 hours clinic doctor, my baby should be around 5 weeks..
So tomorrow I'll be seeing my own gynae. Well hopefully will be able to see some development & baby's heartbeat.
As for the dydrogesterone, was given the same thing too, consulted my gynae & she said to just continue... ;D

scarletmer

Hi MsSaggi!
Congrats to you too! I am waiting till end of July to see my gynae. I went back to KKH this morning as I was having bad diarrhoea, and they did a quick scan, no progress since 2 days ago (expecting a miracle???).
All the best to you and the exciting journey ahead!

MsSaggi

Are you seeing a private gynae or from KKH?
Don't worry ok.. Hopefully by the time you see your gynae, you'll be happy to see your ultrasound.. ;)

scarletmer

I'll be seeing a private gynae. Recommended by people I know and family, and it's in the East. One more week of waiting. Actually, so long as there is no bleeding or spotting, I feel assured.
Dunno how I am going to return to work and function normally with these constant mild cramps! I feel bad taking MC but I don't wanna be curling up at my work desk or running to the toilet the whole day.
How do you deal with it?

MsSaggi

Well for me, so far.. I don't have any problem with the pregnancy.. I've got no morning sickness, no frequent urine but just hungry everytime.. I'm really wondering if it's really normal? Cramps, yeahh I do have it on & off..