my gal refuse to talk

lonerjas

Any1 baby not talking yet??

Mine 18mth old was a noisy gal at 5 to 6 mths old. She will uh huh.. dada dada...

but till not=w she cannot call mummy, she calls me "mah ma" as for daddy at times she will pronouce rite at times only "ti di". I am abit concern cos she don calls all the time. She refuse to call most time and will face away when asked her to. I pretty worried cos my eldest already can call mummy daddy ah ma, ye ye, ku ku. shu shu when he was 12mths old.

I cannot imgaine when my youngest who is 6mths now will be able to call me while my gals still cant

diymummy

My son also doesn't talk much. As in he will talk in his own language and everything starts with "D".

I think you just continue to talk to her and try to fuse words that she already know to form more meaningful words. Like she can say "mah", then try to make her say "mee".

I know some kids who only start talking at 2. But if by 3 your girl doesn't talk, you should see a doc.

vinder79

Yup totally agree my eldest did not talk much till he was 20 mths.He did not even call me mummy.Till now 23 mths he only calls me mammy.He cant call my sisters Masi(my language for aunty yet) but he can call daddy,titi(husband is chinese) and my mum but not us.My 8mth old can call mama already.I think kids take different times and we have to continue speaking to them.Dont worry so much i was so worried i took him to a speach therapist she told me its common for todds not to speak much till 3 yrs old.

autumn82

I brought Iggy to 2 PDs to reassure myself that he's fine. Both PDs told me that he was perfectly normal coz he interact with others and has good eye contact as well. Just continue talking to him, encourage him to speak.

He wasn't even calling mama/papa until one fine day when he was about 15-18mths. All sudden just called. And best part is, no one in the house taught him to call Belle jiejie, he just called her jiejie jiejie.

Though he's still not speaking as many words as his peers. He's "slower" as compared to his sister in speech wise but his motor skills are so much better than his sister even now. LOL. So I guess every child is an individual. :001_302:

bebe1983

i'm facing the same thing as what u are facing now. my son is already 2 half yrs old but only know how to say go and call "di di" juz give him some time as i doing the same thing now :)

Rosh Marie

Hi Mummies,

Most of our mummies are advised to spend personal talking time between 3-5 minutes everyday having a conversation with your baby from birth onwards. There should be no other sounds or distractions.

Just mummy and baby.

Your face should be near and your voice should be loud, clear and enthusiastic.

There are many add-ons to what I'vbe said but basically that is the gist of it. babies skills grow by use. most kids are learning by accident therefore it takes a longer time for them to pick up the skills.

happy trying!