My girl keep crying at night. Help!!

bijinoo

Hi Mummies,
I really no idea why my girl will crying at night almost every night. Sometime i just need to put back pacifier to her mouth then she will sleeping again. But maybe few hours later will cry again then i have to put back pacifier again. The worst thing is sometime she will just crying loudly without awake. We try to carry her hug her also no use. We thought maybe she hot then will carry her blow under fan also no use.
I & my husband really exhausted by her crying every night.

diza

Is she hungry? Is her diaper wet? My son is 7 mth and still cry at night but eyes still close. Normally I just latch him or turn on the aircin. Sometimes he just want someone to hug him to sleep.

bijinoo

Is she hungry? Is her diaper wet? My son is 7 month and still cry at night but eyes still close. Normally I just latch him or turn on the aircin. Sometimes he just want someone to hug him to sleep.
Checked diaper no wet. Usually before sleep i will give her more milk 200ml compare to other meal. Since 2.5 mths onwards she no more need night feed. She can sleep through out the night. But forgot since when she start have night cry. Btw, she is 12mths++ now.

ling.er

Hi dear, Maybe her tummy have wind. That make her feel uncomfortable.. Try apply oil on her tummy & offer her warm water.

Checked diaper no wet. Usually before sleep i will give her more milk 200ml compare to other meal. Since 2.5 mths onwards she no more need night feed. She can sleep through out the night. But forgot since when she start have night cry. Btw, she is 12mths++ now.

bijinoo

Hi dear, Maybe her tummy have wind. That make her feel uncomfortable.. Try apply oil on her tummy & offer her warm water.
Ya.. we did apply ru yi you on her tummy.. but not sure it is work coz she still crying later on. Btw, is there anyway can prevent tummy got wind?

KiBin

We found her hair all wet, so guess she is feel hot...
mm.. possible.. yday she is crying again.. sigh...
look into her mouth of feel it with your finger when you are cleaning her mouth.. if she is teething, you can consider getting teething gel or teethers to make her feel better.. :)

bijinoo

look into her mouth of feel it with your finger when you are cleaning her mouth.. if she is teething, you can consider getting teething gel or teethers to make her feel better.. :)
KiBin, ok, i will check her mouth tonight. :)

Hi Bijinoo,

Your daughter might be going through GROWTH SPURT, which is basically normal for growing babies. try to research on it so you'd come prepare next time it hits you! :)

ling.er

Hi,

If she is bottle feed, Try not face the fan on her... Blow from her back instead.
Before Slp 1 hour or 1.5 Hour try not to play with her.. ( As in make her laugh )

Ya.. we did apply ru yi you on her tummy.. but not sure it is work coz she still crying later on. Btw, is there anyway can prevent tummy got wind?

bijinoo

Hi Sarah Gurbuxani-Carpio & Ling.er, thanks for reply.
She is like few days crying badly then few days ok as normal. I also confuse.
I wondering izzit like some ppl say.. kids will get fussy when their mother is pregnant.
I am pregnant for 3mths now. I thought she won't feel anything since she is only 13 mths old. But her behaviour is ready bad recently. Very fussy, easy get angry, sometime cry for no reason. :(

Rye

Did she hv an over excited day ? My girl is 14 mths n after any over excited day of play, esp late afternoon to evening she will cry out in her sleep but not awake n for as many as 4-5 times thruout the night.

If the child seems asleep (eyes closed) but crying loudly, sometimes even with arms flailing and mostly unconsolable, could be night terrors. Usually this happens with children who are overactive in the day. Older folks call this 'Ham bin' (in hokkien).

My gal used to be like this when she was around 1+ years old. At least 3-4 times per week, always around the same time (1-2am). No matter what we do, she is not consolable and will go on for at least 15 mins until she snaps out of it automatically. It went on for months and then never happen anymore when she got older. Same thing happened to my nephew who was also a very active toddler. They will grow out of it eventually though it is tiring and frustrating for the parents due to the disrupted sleep. Just have to hang on in there. Not much you can do except try not to have the kid over stimulated during the day and before bedtime.

Hi Sarah Gurbuxani-Carpio & Ling.er, thanks for reply.
She is like few days crying badly then few days ok as normal. I also confuse.
I wondering izzit like some ppl say.. kids will get fussy when their mother is pregnant.
I am pregnant for 3mths now. I thought she won't feel anything since she is only 13 mths old. But her behaviour is ready bad recently. Very fussy, easy get angry, sometime cry for no reason. :(
I don't think it's anything to do with the pregnancy (but coincidentally my gal was also like this around the time when i was expecting #2). It's just a phase that the toddlers go through. Just have to be patient and remember to take care of yourself. It can be really taxing to juggle a toddler and the pregnancy at the same time.

bijinoo

Hi Rye & wobblejelly,
I also not sure is she overactice coz my sister is the one who take care her in day time. But she is very playful recently. I will check with my sister see what my girl doing in day time.
As for night terrors, i have read some article regards this too. Just hope she can grow out of it soon.

geraline

OMy! I have the same issue for my newborn also. I was recommended by a Chinese physician to feed the 保婴丹 (bo ying compound).

the recommended dosage is
Less than 4mth : 1/3 bottle, once daily
4mth to 1yr : 1/2 bottle, once daily

i am not sure any mummy has any knowledge or experience in the product.

Last edited:

gbfleng

Hi, im also facing this prob now.My boy is 7 months old now. Since 1.5 months ago, he is crying everynight 1-2 hour after we put him to sleep. Throughout the night, he will wake up few times to cry. v changed diaper, room temperature is just nice. Nth can make him quite except milk. He is drinking 5oz now. Sometimes after we feed him and put him back to zzz, one hour after he will cry again. Day time he is very fine as he is a happy boy, but come to night time....Sigh. Used to only one feed in midnight, and now become at least 3 feeds.

This really make me and my husband stress and lack of sleep everyday.

We really need to know wat happen those baby who having this probs now.