My Love Story... Retold...

Tristie

Hi all,
I supposed i am new to mummysg, usually i hang out at SMH. I read most of the threads here and most of the touching stories that caused salt water to well in my eyes... I couldnt control myself anymore but to share my story in hope of advice and support....
I apologise for the long content, i try to give as much detail as far as i can remember...

I shall start from the time we met...
I was working in a marine company and my wife was the new admin girl just joined the company. Back then she was already attached and me, still very much single... She didnt have the attractive look at 1st, just quite normal i suppose... I guess when i look at her more, she began to look more attractive to me...

How we got together is quite amazing...
One day she was going to the canteen to buy some food, me and other male colleagues were sitting in the resting room chatting and she came in asked if we wanted any drinks... As a new colleague i guess she was just being nice. As the orders goes around, my turn came and she asked if i wanted any... Me, young and trying to be funny, i asked for her number instead... She looked shocked at 1st, that look was kind of cute actually i still rememberd it very clearly. She paused for a sec, and gave me her number !! Wow, i scored !! And of coz i was teased by my other colleagues, and she was kinda embarressed and hurried walk away... I think that day onwards she kinda knew i had a crush on her...

It was after some time, she broke off with her boyfriend and was single. Our relationship kinda kick off since... We went out once a while for dinner, catching the latest movies.... She had a habit of keeping all the movie tickets we went to watch. Cute ya ?*
During our relationship, i dont think we really talked alot. I think the reason why is i was quite a quiet guy, perhaps its just my character...

We had our good times and bad times *and despite all this, we were together for about 1 yr before we got married...
Well here is another story on how we actually got married...
We went out as usual, probably on a weekend coz i rememberd we were not working the next day. We had dinner and was kinda late. Us being young and wild at that age we went to a pub in Mohd Sultan to chill. Its a nice club, nice music, nice drinks... We drank abit, got abit drunk, the nite seems late and we sort of didnt wanna go home... So i guess you might have gotten some bit of idea where we ended up....*

Time passes, we got along well, as usual some ups and downs.... Then one day she told me something that changed both our lives totally.... Need any clues ? Yes, she missed her period and Yes, she was pregnant....
Both of us was shocked, especially her coz i see some sadness in her eyes like she was afraid.... I guess being pregnant at age 24 was something she would never expect... We discussed this issue calmly, trying to figure the best way. I remember at one point of time i wasnt really thinking in the right mind, i asked her for an abortion. Yes, i know its the worse thing a girlfriend would want to hear from her boyfriend and worse yet she was pregnant !! Obviously she refused the idea, boy was i relieved she didnt do it. It would been the worse regret of our lives, ever...
Time was not really on our side, hey i only got about 4 mths before everyone knows rite ? We decided to get married, but the reason was not solely becoz of our baby... We loved each other as well, otherwise we wont have "done it" rite ?

Time has come for me to meet her family, FOR THE 1ST TIME !! Haha, can you imagine that, meeting my future mother in law and her siblings for the 1st time when we were together for about one yr...
Her mom agreed to the wedding, so does my family... It seems like there were no other choice rite ? Dumb dumb me.... We made plans for the wedding, ROM date, preparation and stuff... Both of us were quite into the preparations, i can tell she is looking forward to the big day. And so was i...
Our ROM date was settled on 14-10-2005 and our banquet on 21-01-2006...

Soon, she was in labor ward, and i was with her all the time. The excitement, the anticipation, i am sure most of you can relate to that kind of feeling. I was very excited to be there. Imagine, you being a parent for the very 1st time. Your mind starts wondering, who will our baby take after ? Will our baby be healthy ? Will mommy be alright ? I remember sleeping there in the chair for about 3 nites before the doc induce the labor. Her water bag broke, and its the beginning of war... Once the pain starts, she was in labor for about 8hrs. I never left her alone during that time, i stayed by her side, assuring her everything will be fine. I am here to do battle with you side by side. I remember it was midnite and its like a war zone in the ward. Docs and nurses came in and out, alot of questions asked... Then, it finally came. One of the docs said the opening is right, everyone got ready....
There i hold her hand tightly, saying "its gonna be alright Dear". She nodded and start to push, push as hard as she can and breath... "Dear you can do it, yes come on..." ITS A GIRL !!*
As i hold my baby girl in my arms, looking at her all wrapped up... I softly say, "hey, you will be fine, daddy is here. Look, can you see mommy ?" She is the most beautiful girl in the world, just like mommy. I am the most happiest father in the world. My wife, exhausted lies on the bed. I went over and kissed her... Thank you Dear Dear, you have done a great job...
Our 1st newborn girl came to us proud parents in April 2006. 2 yrs later, we had our 2nd girl in Feb 2008.
I was 26, she was 24... And we had our 1st child already... Cool yeah ?

Married Life...
May i ask, what did you expect your married to be ? How is it gonna be like ? In the beginning we were much in love, we just got our new house in Hougang furniture and all and moved in. That was before our newborn actually...
Life went well for us in our 1st 3 years of married life and living together, except that i changed quite a number of jobs to accommodate the family schedule. Here is what happens... I was working in this marine company for quite some time, i cant remember how long... The job requirement is sometime i may need to station offshore for awhile. Once i left for Malaysia waters for one month and the only way to communicate with home is thru internet and skype. I cried every night to slee in my cabin bed, missing my wife and 2 girls so much...
I am not the kind of guy who can sacrifice family for work, i cant... Seeing my wife home alone taking care of 2 newborns single handedly is not easy even though she says she will get over it. I decided to change jobs to help look after them and of coz expected a much lower salary.

Life was still ok when i switched jobs once a few mths, just a few squabbles once awhile over financial problems... Then one day, i reckon it was the start of our nightmares and the turning point of my life...
I as a father and husband, am well aware of the family situation. My wife and i dont earn much but still we are able to live by. We are not very materialistic, we dont spend alot probably just once a month we went out pampering ourselves with Jacks Place or some nice restaurant dinner.
As the family is just surviving on our monthly wages, i obviously cant bare to see the family in this state rite ? Who doesnt want his/her family to be better ? I wanted to do more for the family, i wanna do my job as a good husband and a good father. One fine day, somehow without much realisation... I was slowly slipping and gotten involved with some MLM company.
I am not trying to speak up for this company, but this company is different from other MLMs... What did i do ? I started to slowly "sell" their products. I know what some of you might be thinking, i need to buy in bulk stocks in order to make more profits rite ? Yes, but i did not buy big just one or two for standby.
Becoz of this MLM thing we started to quarrel often which i really do not know over what... If its money, i didnt buy big just a couple in case there are enquiries. If its spending less time with family, i only go out for appts only when there is an appt fixed... She says she just doesnt like me to do it becoz she didnt like MLMs, but she didnt understand why i need and want to is becoz i want my family to be better.
I admit i was abit obsessed in the beginning till a point i wanted to open a small shop for retailing. Crazy rite ?
Talking about the shop i really find it strange... I went out searching for a good location and viewed some sites, once i brought her along to this location and asked her opinion. You know what she says ? She gave me good positive opinions, where cupboards can be displayed; the surroundings etc... Here is what i find strange, if she disagrees and disapproves so much of me being involved in this MLM thing then why does she still showed me support and still encourages me ? I really dont understand till this day...

Things start to got worse after i open the shop... Initially i thought we were getting fine till she dealt me a massive blow so massive i never saw coming...
We have not been close ever since the beginning of this MLM thing, i was involved for about 2 yrs and we quarreled much during those times. We had not been close and intimate for quite some time, its so bad that i cant even touch her AT ALL !! Not even the tips of her hair, not even fingernails and not even sitting side by side on the sofa. Can you imagine already ? One day, we finally had the chance of going out alone without our 2 girls following us. We were walking and i tried to hold her hand, i thought we had not been quarreling for some time so it should be ok... Instead of letting me she brush me off and folded her arms. I knew she had not forgotten and forgiven but i kept quiet coz i dont wanna quarrel again, obviously i was heartbrokened...
The following day i sent her an email telling her how i feel, asking her why. I knew its becoz of the shop she is upset about and me being a good father and good husband i made a decision. In the email i wrote to her if its the shop and the MLM thing she is unhappy about, in order for my family to be together again i am willing to give up the shop and stop all MLM activities and never to do such thing again. I did and i stopped...

Soon she replied my mail, the contents i would never ever expect to see, not even in my dreams... She says after all the quarrels and fights for the past 3 yrs, the love has died and she asked for a divorce. DIVORCE ?? What have i done ? I only wanted my family life to be better, i invested in business hoping to rake in more money, am i wrong to do that ? I was devastated, my whole life crashed, cried, angered, begged... Not a single word in vocabulary can ever describe my feelings...
What happen since that day was strange, everything seemed different...*
We still lived under the same roof but its so different, you know what i mean ?*Till this day we are still legally married and yes i still hope it will stay that way. Though we still go out as family with the kids, i cant hold her hand or get close to her which really breaks my heart.

Nearing the end of my story i like to say this to everyone...
She is my wife and i love her very much. I remembered the oath i took on 14-10-2005 to take care of her in sickness in health, in riches in poor and till death do us part... Though we are not filing anymore but stays married on paper, we seemed to lead seperate lives. Should i count my blessings that we are not filing ? That we still living under the same roof together with the kids ?
All i ever wanted is my family to be together, happy joyful full of laughs like how it used to when we 1st started 6 yrs ago... We may be not rich, but as long as we still are family we can conquer most obstacles.
I am 32 now, and she is 30... Is it a trend to end relationships with or without kids at our age ?
All i ever wanted now, is to love and be loved...

Tristie

Hi,

I would like to ask if i may...
It doesnt matter if you are re-married or about to sign the papers or still deciding whether to Seperate or not....
Do you still remember your love story with your husband ?
Is it ok to share pls ?

Last edited:
I see that you love ur wife alot. Me and my husband goes thur alot in our relationship too. Frankly that a time when i actually lose the feeling for him due to something happen between us which i do not want to put it in public. But whatever it is, it all over already. It take time for me to get over it and now im still happily married to him and having my number 2. And after the incident, my husband change and love me and my gal alot. I hope this can happen to u too. Gd luck and tk care.

Tristie

Yes i do love my wife very much, cant say the same abt her though...
HOPE... Is something i had forgotten its meaning...
I tried so hard for the past 3 yrs to win her back, nothing changed.
There are times i almost gave up and moved on but i hold back becoz it is not what i believed in...
I am not a religious person but i believed GOD brought us together and the scriptures says GOD doesnt approve seperation or divorce, look at what all of us are doing now... Crazy rite ?
LIFE is not supposed to be like this; you were born, you grow up fall in love get married have kids, grow old love dies find new love re-marry again have kids again, maybe love dies again maybe re-marry again..... Stuff like that...

I know you may think, for those who re-married, no offence i am not targeting you all, that your current man is better than the ex. Yes i may agree, but then again there will always be a better person after the next... Right ? So when will it stop ?
Your current actions may determine your kids future, they may be like you.
But of coz after all i said, re-marrying is not wrong, is juz my opinion only...

All i ever wanted is my wife back....

What I think is since you love ur wife and kids so much, why nt try to go to family service centre see if they help. I agree with you tat divorce don't bring any gd to the children. Unless the man or woman is addict to some kind of bad habit. I as an outsider can't give any comment to your family but I think ur persistent and patience is something I look high upon. Imaging been rejected for so many yrs. Hey man seriously I won't have done it. Partially I think she don't want to gt back might be becoz of the Mlm thing which she find it insecure. I mean this just a tot if it nt true pls amend me.

Tristie

Well... I gave up the shop before the lease is due and i had totally stopped all activities. Now i am juz concentrating on my job.

She said now she only have her career and nite class on her mind and nothing else. No time for love and all those nonsense crap...
She even said all this is disgusting to her...

We went for counselling once, after a few sessions she said to me and the counsellor it is pointless to go on and we stopped the counselling.
I had doors slammed in my face for the past 3 yrs, its really getting to me i dunno if i can hold on for how long.
Even though we are not signing papers, we juz lead our own seperate lives. Which means i cannot interfere in anything and everything she does.
Once out of concern i asked where she went and with who, war started again...

Becoz of this we seldom talked, the only topic we touched on is abt the kids.
For 3 whole yrs we been sleeping in the same room with the kids but seperate beds...
3 yrs...... No physical contact of any kind, if you get what i mean... not even her pinky fingernail...

Last edited:

Tristie

Till now, i still cannot figure out why since she so disagrees and disapproved of me opening the shop, then why she still showed support when i asked her to view it ? She even adviced me how to do the interiors, the renovation and stuff...
Then after all is done, all payment made and we even called catering for our opening day, she dealt me such a massive blow ?
She could have pulled me back one day, sit down calmly and talked over it, but she didnt....

I put in abt $15'000 into the shop and now i gave it all up to my other partners to handle and i am not getting a single cent back...

Last edited:
have u try talking to her before? i guess now she might not want to talk anymore. Sometime things just change over the night. May i just ask u what do think the real reason or problem tat lead to this? I believe it not easy to forget a person just like tat. when i hate my husband so much at that time i ever think of killing him. But see in the end still can forgive and forget. if i will u i will had just let it end. im sorry if wat i say sound disappointment.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Lets do these

Change your lifestyle ... for example if you not into sport type, get into exercise now :)

Change your image and it will change your life. Your wife will be curious about all these :001_302:

If none of those works or she is not curious at all ... try to have a "final" discussion with her. If it is still no go, hire a PI and track her.

Life is short - why live in a miserable state? If your wife did not want to provide any real reason or discuss about it, move on.

Every successful man has a mistress behind him (ops i meant wife) :tlaugh:
All the best!

Lets do these

Change your lifestyle ... for example if you not into sport type, get into exercise now :)

Change your image and it will change your life. Your wife will be curious about all these :001_302:

If none of those works or she is not curious at all ... try to have a "final" discussion with her. If it is still no go, hire a PI and track her.

Life is short - why live in a miserable state? If your wife did not want to provide any real reason or discuss about it, move on.

Every successful man has a mistress behind him (ops i meant wife) :tlaugh:
All the best!
I agree with u edy.
Tristie I don know what ur wife trying to do but she just let the thing hang there. Ur kids don felt anything? Can i kapo abit? Is ur wife seeing someone else? sorry if i offended.

Tristie

I would like to ask this qns to those who had gone thru the D before...
To what extent or degree would you consider having an affair, an affair ??
Does juz seeing someone else considered an affair ? Does exchanging intimate msg considered an affair ?
Or must he/she had done the deed, that would really be considered an affair ?? Juz curious to know...

I would love to change my lifestyle, do my own things... I love sports, juz that there is no-one to accompany me. I love to meet new friends too, but my work schedule doesnt really allow it and worse yet i work in a mostly male environment.
2ndly, who is gonna look after the kids at nite when i am out ? Leave them with my wife ? I cannot do that, remember above my story i said i changed many jobs juz to accommodate family time and looking after the kids.... My kids grow up only once, i wanna be there when it happens...

Why do you still think so much? I mean u can try gg out at night once every week day to have some social life. I believe ur children are schooling or if nt be sleeping early on some night. I don't know if ur wifey do tat but both of u have the responsibilities to look after the kids. Of coz if u intend to go out for a drink make sure the wat u want in mind is clear. Thing happen until like tat the most pitiful ones is the kids.

Tristie

Hi ness...
Erm.... I dun get it when you say why i think so much.
I could go out, but then again i will be alone by myself... My friends and colleagues dun go out at nite and another factor to consider is the dough....
I cant afford to spend as my salary is not so high... I am even thinking of getting another part time job.
If there are ppl who can go out with me, hey i really dun mind going out....

I choose to stay look after the kids becoz i know they need me, smt they may wake up in the nite look for me or climb to my bed and sleep together...

Rite now my frustration is its really unfair to me i had to go thru this mess all becoz of business.... I mean if i had someone else and was caught red-handed i gladly accept the verdict with no complains.... Divorce becoz i wanted to set up a business for the sake of the family ??

Last edited:
What I'm trying to say is why u still care so much abt her . She can have her night class you can having some night activity too. Why must you be the one been lock at home tucking the children to bed? In a way you are doing ur responsibility as a dad but can't possibly to be you everynight right? Ask her to share or do her part as well. I don't know is it coz both of you married too early during courtship tat coz her to feel like losing her youth or is she too stress staying at home looking after the family causing her wanted to break free. Whatever reason it is, I think she had make up her mind to declare the war with you. Is either you continue giving in to her if not you go file for divorce. Worst to the worst don't even need to care about her. In another make her like she is transparent lor. See how she feel.

Ting

i think it is best to move on, divorce, n dont live with her anymore. seriously, u have been living like this for the past 3 yrs, do u want to live on like this for the rest of your lives? think 10 yrs down the road, is this the "future" u want to picture yourself in? what abt your kids? they wil grow up, they will understand, n they will be deeply affected.
u must learn to let go and move on with life. life is short, n u r alr almost half way there (i assume most ppl live til 70plus). take the first step out of this misery, and u will be happier without that burden.
concentrate on your kids n career instead of her, n u will slowly get over it. by seeing her everyday, it just makes u feel worst.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
If she does not want to talk and etc ... that is cool but she at least has to help out the family chores 50/50

Seriously I do not know the detail but if it is because of setting up a business and your wife is getting so upset till asking for a divorce then she is a silly woman.

Lets fix it!!! if she does not want to fix it, lets think of a best solution to provide/care for the kids while you are pursuing things which are important in life.

If your job has no prospect, try to switch to selling property,car or insurance ... these lines as long you are lucky + smart + hardworking ... you can be somebody!!! ... Luck play the most part!

Huat Ar!!! Huat Ar!!! :001_302:

Tristie

Dear all,

Thank you for your comments and advices, i really truely appreciate all of them.
I am here to make friends, not enemies... Pls do not take my comments too seriously...

Many ppl who knew my situation, most of them would tell me to move on... Somehow i feel that it all comes down to what you believed in...
Seriously i did thought of giving up once in the heat of a moment, but after much thought and after cooling down i stayed on. Reason why is becoz i love my wife, no matter what she become she is still my wife. I dun see any reason why one would want to get married only to divorce in the end unless of coz a change of heart. Even a change of heart is not a good reason to file, do you know the reason why the change ?

Most ppl would call me foolish to stay, some would applaud that i persisted, and some would tell me to wake up from my fairy tale... I do not understand why would some ppl take marriage and divorce so lightly, with or without kids. Happy, married; not happy divorce lor... To me the only valid reason valid enuf to divorce is change of heart and violence. Then again ask yourselves why the change, why the violence ?? Life should not be like this... I mean, do you really wanna change your status to divorce ? Do you want to marry, hv kids, divorce, re-marry, hv kids, divorce again and goes round a circle ?

Ting

of cos, if everyone can find their soulmate n live til death do them part, then great. but sad to say, not all hv happy endings. some start off on the wrong track while some went onto the wrong path.
why the change of heart? bcos in the beginning, they weren't content with what they alr have, thus even after marriage, they r still "looking" for a better one. once found, they change. why the violence? i believe a violent character is by nature, just that b4 the marriage they dont show it out, after the marriage, everything comes out.
if the fact that everyone will hv a change of heart, be it men or women, then why get married in the first place? when 2 ppl decide to get married, it shld mean they r ready to live tgt, thru good n bad, commit n love each other for the rest of their lives. but how many can? TS, perhaps u can, but your wife, definately, cannot.

Tristie

Thanks all...
I know life is short, play hard....
But then i am not the kind of person who does tit for tat stuff, i guess its juz not my nature.
Seriously i do wanna go out sometimes, its juz that i cant find someone for company.
Moreover i want to bond with my kids, if i were to go out wont i be giving the chance to my wife ?
Yes divorce is common, but lets not juz add to the numbers... Things can really work out if you really give your best

Tristie

Actually... I hv pretty much resigned to my fate
Even if i wanna move on, its better i find someone new to do so rite ? I do hope i meet someone...
Being alone is scary... I already been alone for 3 yrs...
3 yrs is a very long time...

I think i will be scolded by some of you... Doesnt know wat i talking abt anymore...
Seems like i been alone for too long, have greatly affected me...
Am i too primative in my mind ? I tot love can conquers all, is it time for me to wake up ?
I am so so confused now...
So very tired and exhausted....

Maybe i shld switch jobs again to a mixed gender environment....

Last edited: