My mother-in-law, Mdm L rom hell

How do you deal with a mother-in-law like Mdm L?

• Stay a distance and not talk to her unnecessarily

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Talk to her, try to understand her & her strange habits

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Talk to your husband

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Pray that she will kick the bucket soon

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

CDAH77

Like some say when in front of people they try to play the kind gentle mil. But I heck. I still treat like she's invincible the only time I go to her flat is during the hari raya. N I will not eat or drink a single sip in that flat. I told my husband if he wants to go back to his mum everyday by all means I will not stop him. It's his mum n he should respect her for raising.

mamatiger

i am glad to know that i am not alone.
i also succumb to postnatal depression due to my MIL. and still battling it.

she was a very soft spoken gentle lady. i always thought i was lucky to have her as my MIL. but i got to know her true color after i get pregnant and come back from oversea to live with my husband. In the same year, my hubby's brothers one move out to bangkok, one got married and moved to otehr state and one went to further study to melbourne. so he got lonely and having hard time to accept that her babies are all growing up. every weekend, she has had plan for all of us to either have dinner at her house or eat outside together, so that she can make sure they dont forget her. the problem is everyone has no time to spare their every weekend with her because she lives quite far away from the city and they're all very busy with work.

i married her first beloved son, although she always try to potray herself as in she doesn't care about our life but the truth is she is trying to meddle with evverything especially when it comes to my baby. sometimes when i bought new furniture for our new house she just give this look from the corner of her eyes and doesnt give compliment or anything <<< sign of jealousy. she was came to house over everyday during my confinement not to help me out or concern about my recovery, she just come to play with her grandson. always try to suggest to me to stop breastfeeding, give negative comments about the way i care of my kids, try to push me to accept her maid (my husband's old nanny who is my MIL 'special officer') to stay with me so that she can spy on me, haunting my husband every 3 days with calls, FB messages to ask to send my baby to her to babysit everyweekend, give paracetomol to my baby and bring him out without telling me ( he was only 3 months old back then) and worst, she gave him formula milk when i warn her on the very same day not give him because he had allergy to formula.

my father in law spied on me asking my driver (who was his friend) where did i go and where did i bring my baby. when i allowed her to babysit my baby at her house, when i come to pick up my baby(after stucked in 2 hrs traffic) she just shooh me away asked me to go home w/o baby and she will send the baby herself to my house. her maid is the middleman who 'passed' her 'message' and very sarcarstic. last time when my baby was in a bad mood keep crying i tease my baby said why baby ure' crying why r u in bad mood??? she then snap said ' oh baby is bad mood like his mother'... who is she to talk about me and my baby in my own house? so i kicked her out from my house.

oh my hubby's brother's wife is currently pregnant, and the maid dare said to her 'Can i name your baby?? i have provided these names for you to choose..." bitch

ali50n

Seems like ur mil's maid have cross her line, no matter how long she had served ur mil as a maid, she is still a maid.

If I'm ur sil I will tell her this "Oh ty but I have already decided a name for my child together with my husband. I'm sure my husband n I came up the name is definitely a good name." The maid cannot said the name is not good as ur bil's name is in it, if she said the name is stupid she will digging her own grave.

Sorry I dun really like this type of maid, I read ur story in another thread of urs. If i was u I will install cameras n show ur mil what her dear maid is doing when she give the wrong milk formulae n anyhow give medicine. I'm sure with the evidence n proof ur mil sure will not let her maid stay there. Cos I will said this to her if she said give her maid another chance "Mum, ur maid is already so experience also can make such mistake I dun think can give her a chance as she is not new to this".

N the maid said that to ur baby, I will tell her off this "oh r u (the baby)? Y r u answering when I'm talking to my child?" Then ignore her n keep talking to the baby her face sure piss :D

roudx

Wow, seeing all stories here makes me think my MIL is very minor.. Wanna complain also but abit too lengthy and long winded to type all lol..
Will do it short , summarized and sweet..

Just together with my husband (then boyfriend), visited his house.
- MIL lost her jeans and socks and accused me of stealing. ( Size L jeans and 3 for $10 pasar malam socks. ) I don't wear shoes, so no need socks. And I wear S size Jeans.
- Sis lost her watch, MIL also accused me. In the end found her own watch at her own jeans. Still got the cheeks to say I guilty , so i put her watch back.
(Both time, my then boyfriend quarrels jia lat with his mum because he felt his mum being super unreasonable)

After 4 years, decided to get married.
- MIL creating problem for us because she doesn't want the tea ceremony to be set in her house. In the end she gave in because huge argument with her own son, that her son say she can forget about coming to our wedding if she insist her way.
- MIL wants to take all the ang bao that belongs to his relative and MIL's friends. Always argue with her because she didn't fork out a single cents in our wedding, still expect to take the ang bao. She getting daughter or marrying daughter?

Pregnancy.
- Tells me she want to cook some tonic soup for me when she's free but till now I didn't drink or eat anything from her. All my mum cook for me.
- 1st meal she cook for us after I got pregnant. Dish : Cheesy hotdog, canned sardine and luncheon meat. Is this even dinner?
- Don't want confinement lady to stay in our vacant room, want her to sleep in our room's floor , and our Baby on our bed. Then hubby argued with his mum again, " how she going to rest, if confinement lady and baby all inside our room? Got spare room don't want to use."
- Cheeky remarks when I finally did a little house cleaning. (was admitted to hosp, with threatening miscarriage during 1st trims.. So hubby don't allow me do anything at home) I changed bed sheets, vacuum floor, wipe dog's urine ... She still can comment I do not good. Because I am carrying my baby in my womb, how to carry the bed to shift the bed sheet nicely. How to squat on the floor , wiping the dog urines without feeling giddy when i stand up.

This is just minors when compared to you ladies's monster-in-laws.