My Newborn baby dun wan to latch on

Mummy to Baby V

Growth spurts tend to occur at end of first week, week 6, 3 months and 6 months. It is common that baby cluster-feeds -- feeds very frequently. Latching on on demand helps to satisfy baby's hunger and raise milk supply permanently to meet the increased demand.

Jia you and feed on demand. :)

IreneNg

Can anyone help? my baby is just borned 3 days ago and i really had problem latching on (as in he fall aslp after 5-10mins) which i think is because there was little supply of milk, i asked the lactation consultant at Mt A and she said that there is milk, just that it is unable to come out. I have also tried to express milk but nothing came out. I am worried that my baby is not getting enought milk and i am feeding him with abit of formula (10-15ml) cos my pediatrician said on the second day that his lips abit dry.... anyone help? should i mix formula with breastmilk?

k0911005

It's hard to describe in words. Have to show it physically, that's why I decided to visit the lactation consultant. She even taught me to BF while lying down so that can rest more. And at the same time, I went down to try out different electric pumps before deciding on which one I liked (tried Avent Duo and PIS, end up find PIS too strong, preferred Avent Duo).

Here is an amazing video.. this should help.. It worked for me and my friends.. Good luck!!
Breastfeeding Latch On - Nursing Tips

ling.er

Can anyone help? my baby is just borned 3 days ago and i really had problem latching on (as in he fall aslp after 5-10mins) which i think is because there was little supply of milk, i asked the lactation consultant at Mt A and she said that there is milk, just that it is unable to come out. I have also tried to express milk but nothing came out. I am worried that my baby is not getting enought milk and i am feeding him with abit of formula (10-15ml) cos my pediatrician said on the second day that his lips abit dry.... anyone help? should i mix formula with breastmilk?

Hi,

My baby nw able to latch .. last time he dun wana latch on i think the position he feel uncomfortab to latch or wat .. Try other way .. The video did help alot... try o watch it ^^