My OWN BLOOD mother is PRESSURING ME!

pegpatme

really wonder if there's anyone who is going through the same thing as me!! so that he/she could unds me and give me advice. =(

Yes, as all may know I'm a mother of 1. I'm actually a divorcee right after my baby is born. It's a long story back, all I can say is I did gave my ex severe chances before I made up my mind to file for divorce.

2Years later, I met this current BF of mine, at first it was kind a hard for him to accept my daughter. As he is young for his age but still he is older than me ! After sometimes and all the thing we've been through.. he accepted my daughter and now we are sort of living together with my mum , grandfather , my daughter and my maid.

Things doesn't goes well for my side cuz my mum is a single mum. She has an affair and thus my dad choose not to give her chance anymore and therefore she applied a re-sale 3rm flat which we are living now. Her BF paid the deposit of this house and we are still owning the renovation fee! He is a lousy guy who drink and gamble, and once he lost over 100k at RWS and my mum went to get loan for him. And now of course my mum is badly debted.

And I've been really trying my best to help with my family financial . I paid for my maid's salary, and also paid for my daughter 's expenses.

whenever my mum quarreled with her BF she will find me and vent anger on me.
And now my ex is paying for the maid salary, so I will be paying my mum $500 monthly! But she say my BF stays here is a hazard . Thus we will be paying the electric bills as well! Which is average $170 monthly.

I work as a admin, getting home like 1.2k monthly.
so can u guys tell me how much am I going to left after paying my mum alone!!
I have my own bills to pay, I pay for my own expenses as well!

If my mum appreciate for what i've did , i wouldnt be ranting here.
But she doesnt. She go around and tell her friends or our relatives that I am a useless person.

And even I bring my daughter out like after 8pm she will call and scold me.

She only scold and scold me. Even if I keep quiet when she scolds she will still say "why you not happy ar" even when i'm quiet.

she pushing me very hard.

I really couldnt take it.

What can i do about it!!!!

xiaodaisy

did u tink of moving out urself? sometimes staying with our own mom will somehow have some conflicts

moving out sometimes might be a better option ..

i used to have a bad r/s with my mom but after i moved out and stay myself , everything is better now and we could talk like frens ..

U married to ur bf? Maybe can try to get a rental flat? Or ur bf place has room for u to stay? Guess ur mum is very stress over the debts tat y she is venting on u

rainbowforest

So sorry to hear about your situation. As much burden as you have, I am sure
Your mom is also experiencing the a difficult period. Think you need to sit her down
For a heart to heart talk & tell her how you feel about things rather than being her 'victim'.
Let love & kindness shine cure this. Know it's hard and feels like you are at rock bottom but
There will be light. Be positive.
Women unite!!

noelsmum

When I was living with my mother, our relationship wasn't that great. Even when I got married and moved out, there were still ups and downs. It's heaps better now because we have a 3 and half hrs buffer zone.

Anyway, pegpat me, I understand that it's hard for you. Maybe if you look at your mum's point of view, it might be hard for her to accept that your BF is living with her and you're not married to him. Maybe she's worried for you. From what you wrote, she does seem stressed out by life and maybe seeing you not married and living with your boyfriend under her roof makes her worry even more. Do you think there's a possibility that she's worried that your BF might walk out on you if you have another child and she's left to shoulder more burden? Sorry if I'm too blunt. The best bet is to sit down with her on her good mood days and speak with her.

MrZQ

Is your bf working and financial stable? Any plans to marry your current bf and get your own flat? If I am you, I would rather move out from your house.

wxw001

U consider renting a unit or flat outside instead? N dun employ miad. Send child to playgroup? There should be subsidies, so yr salary can use on other stuff. U'll habe less atress from yr own mother too. That's why i moved away from my parents after my child was3months old. My own blood mother was da** f****ing pressuring me causing me into depression. It was so much better after my family moved away from her. Just that my por dad kenna all the rubbish from here now.