My traumatic experience with KKH

Marilyntanln

Gosh.. so disappointed and angry..initially i ignore everyone's advise to go to private hospital to deliver my 1st newborn... and ended up with kkh thinking they should be the best but end up i got my censor scar about 15cm long despite opting for the premier package with a senior gynae.. and my newborn being put thru unneccessary tests but he is good and very healthy now.. understand kkh tends to have more interns...end up with hefty charges for many unnecessary tests on my newborn...

lulu

hi, can you PM me your gynae's name?
I'm currently looking for gynae and thinking which hospital to deliver....
Someone recommended me to see a senior consultant @ KK, but i'm not sure if i want to go there judging from horrible stories about KKH, even if we take premier package.

my email: foodiezz@yahoo.com.sg

thanks

bluebell

Sorry to hear that my experience there was great, why did they do test on your newborn, they would not do them for no reason.

yeah, i had a great experience too delivering two babies there. the mid-wives were great (i had three or was it four attending to my 2nd birth because baby was premature) and my doc arrived at hospital just minutes after i did after i called her to say i was on my way... :) *thumbs up!*

re the tests - i was under premier package too and baby was put through std set of tests (i didn't think any was unnecessary). in fact, she failed hearing test multiple times cos she was premature and we were asked to follow up at ENT and i was billed subsidised rate every time we went ENT for check up! ;)

Triquetra

Same here.
My experience was great too when I delivered my girl there. The nurses and lactation consultant were extremely attentive and helpful. I had 2 gynae, my gynae went on maternity leave (she did inform me very much earlier) and another one took over but both are wonderful. I am seeing the same gynea again though I wouldn't mind the one who took over.

My stay under A1 was really good...the nurses were very patient n attentive n came within a min from me ringing the bell, even service from the catering dept was great, n i received very good attention from my gynae despite it being cny eve

Last edited:

keefu

care to share which gynae does the delivery for you? For me I also had my premier package there and though sad that I can't do natural delivery but the experience there was still pretty okay.

pipilili

hackers13jo,
Who is your gynae? Can you elaborate how he/she bo chap you?

I am also under KKH-TPS....and I hope its not my gynae, Dr Arthur Tseng...kekeke. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Actually I was also thinking of opting private or KKH, and in the end just decided on KKH, becos I have 2 grps of friends - one grp who went to private and one grp who went to KKH. I think those who go to private clinics also have their fair share of complaints. Those from KKH-TPS mostly complain about more misc things like, still cannot see gender etc..

Why I chose KKH? My friend's mum is a nurse from KKH and she highly recommended the pl. One thing which is un-deniable is this pl has delivered many babies so I think they would have seen many diff cases. And if there is any pains which you encounter on weekends, just go down to their 24 hrs clinic and a gynae will be there for you. (I dun agree that those of intern gynaes cos I have been seen by a late 30s lady gynae before) Medication/Vitamins/scans will be much cheaper due to govt subsidy.

I didn't opt for KKH-subsidized but KKH-TPS...and their service is as good as private and I think the waiting time is even better than some private clinics (I have been to private clinics in Glen E and Tanglin Shopping Centre - their waiting time is appaling) If you think KKH-TPS gynae bo chap u, wait till you go to a popular gynae, the gynae lagi bo chap you. Some gynae dun even listen to you...they ask you to listen to them.

But all said - whether govt/private - there are surely some good and bad eggs. But I think you should write a feedback on the gynae who bo chap you so that he can improve his service quality. Who knows, he may be waiting to open his own private clinic.:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

natureautumn

Ya, I also wondering which gynae bochap you....good to share.. I also straddling between TPS and clinic D as depends when gynae can see me , but i will prob deliver as TPS premier package.
Does anyone know if my obs who is a male doctor can check on breast lumps or do i need to see someone from breast clinic? Have like lumpy breasts but only 35 weeks. Can someone rec good lactation consultant? heard Yen Ping is good? Any feedback? Thanks

hackers13jo

hackers13jo,
Who is your gynae? Can you elaborate how he/she bo chap you?

I am also under Kandang Kerbau Hospital-TPS....and I hope its not my gynae, Dr Arthur Tseng...kekeke. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Actually I was also thinking of opting private or Kandang Kerbau Hospital, and in the end just decided on Kandang Kerbau Hospital, becos I have 2 grps of friends - one grp who went to private and one grp who went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I think those who go to private clinics also have their fair share of complaints. Those from Kandang Kerbau Hospital-TPS mostly complain about more misc things like, still cannot see gender etc..

Why I chose Kandang Kerbau Hospital? My friend's mum is a nurse from Kandang Kerbau Hospital and she highly recommended the pl. One thing which is un-deniable is this pl has delivered many babies so I think they would have seen many diff cases. And if there is any pains which you encounter on weekends, just go down to their 24 hours clinic and a gynae will be there for you. (I dont agree that those of intern gynaes cos I have been seen by a late 30s lady gynae before) Medication/Vitamins/scans will be much cheaper due to govt subsidy.

I didn't opt for Kandang Kerbau Hospital-subsidized but Kandang Kerbau Hospital-TPS...and their service is as good as private and I think the waiting time is even better than some private clinics (I have been to private clinics in Glen E and Tanglin Shopping Centre - their waiting time is appaling) If you think Kandang Kerbau Hospital-TPS gynae bo chap you, wait till you go to a popular gynae, the gynae lagi bo chap you. Some gynae dont even listen to you...they ask you to listen to them.

But all said - whether govt/private - there are surely some good and bad eggs. But I think you should write a feedback on the gynae who bo chap you so that he can improve his service quality. Who knows, he may be waiting to open his own private clinic.:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:
I will PM you the name of my Gynae but I heard Arthur Tseng is not bad. I personally think that the Gynae is very important. Other misc thing is not important. What my old Gynae did was asking me to choose between 3 options without any elaboration nor recommendation. It is very unprofessional. My current Gynae is much better, he is very patience and give very good advice. I regret not going to him earlier. Now I am very happy with this new Gynae. :D

hackers13jo

Ya, I also wondering which gynae bochap you....good to share.. I also straddling between TPS and clinic D as depends when gynae can see me , but i will prob deliver as TPS premier package.
Does anyone know if my obs who is a male doctor can check on breast lumps or do i need to see someone from breast clinic? Have like lumpy breasts but only 35 weeks. Can someone rec good lactation consultant? heard Yen Ping is good? Any feedback? Thanks
Will PM you the name of my old Gynae. My recommendation to you is get a good Gynae. It is very important as you need to make many decision later part of your pregnancy and you do not want a Gynae that ask you to make your own decision base on the option he/she give you. It is very stressful. Choosing option for delivering your child is not the same as choosing value meal in McDonald.

Aliyana

This reply will be too long.. :( sorry hee~

I gave birth last year to my first born and had some bad/traumatic experience as well.

*First admission was at 28 weeks due to frequent contractions, given some hormone
injection to stabilize my baby's lungs.. in the end it was a false labour.

*Second admission was at 34 weeks, coz my gynae wants to monitor my blood pressure, it was on the high side and when he scan my baby he told me my boy was too big (3.8kg) according to the scan.

Day 1- was just to monitor my bp and he ordered to take some blood test for
gestational diabetes and told me I can be discharge the following day. I fasted for 10 hours or more(I think) and ya in between have to drink that disgusting drink- that I have no complain coz its a must :).

Junior doctor took my blood and told me the result will be out the next day during doctor rounds and by afternoon I can be discharge. Morning came and to my surprise the junior doctor have to apologize coz she put my blood wrongly in the wrong specimen bottle and hve to re-take my blood test and be fasted again the good thing was they let me go home in the evening.

*Third admission was the following day, received a call from the nurses and asked to be re-admitted coz I'm positive for gestational diabetes and was monitored. I have to prick my fingers for blood glucose test every and after of each meal, to my surprise
it's always within the normal level-even the nurses asked me if my first diabetes result was it really that high and izit really accurate..like wth?!!:wideeyed:

That monday a medical officer came to see me coz according to her my
gynae (a consultant) went for educational overseas trip and a female registra
(about to be promoted for consultant position) will took over. I was fine with that knowing that I can go home, the medical officer ordered this machine for fetal monitoring and contraction. I was having every 5 mins contraction and was pushed down to the delivery suit, stayed there for 24 hours but again it was a false labour. They said it was too early and dont't intend to induce me I was happy with that... the problem was- it's not the last time I was wheeled down. I was wheeled down 6 times to the delivery suit due to frequent contractions and always ended up with false alarm. I know that they can't let me go home due to my condition
but I wasn't happy and getting depressed. I was devastated with the frequent cervix check and really all of them are female doctors- really rough and painful. I stayed there for ten days and the last day my gynae came back from his trip and told me that actually there is no point for me to stay there (for that long) and explained I am having frequent contraction due to baby is too big and no more space. Not unless there was bleeding or my water bag burst that's when I have to be worried.. I looked
at him and told him you should have told that to your junior doctors.

*The plan was by 37 weeks he will induced me and if more than 37 weeks i'll
have to undergo c-section. Waterbag burst at 36 weeks, when he discharged me
i'm only at 1cm and that day i'm still at 1 cm and due to baby is too big my
gynae ordered for emergency c-section. Baby wasn't big at all, he was 3.2kg only.. :realmad:

pipilili

Aliyana,
Can share with us who is your gynae in KKH...
I think it's impt that we know which ones are the lousy docs...so that they can be trained longer before they "pass out".

shiyi

i had a great experience. my gynae is experienced, and the mid wives and nurses are all very nice!
btw im seeing dr quek