My wound Below is very painful...

angelwendy

Hi all mummy... i had just delivered my boy on 25 Feb 2010... till now my wound is very very painful... i Had finish the panadol that my gynae give... the other stronger painkiller i didnt take cause even with the gastric medicine i still having gastric... my wound i feel like is spilting... actually i had bad cough when i was discharge... but now no more cough but is still so painful.. even when i stand....

iwan2noe

Hi all mummy... i had just delivered my boy on 25 Feb 2010... till now my wound is very very painful... i Had finish the panadol that my gynae give... the other stronger painkiller i didnt take cause even with the gastric medicine i still having gastric... my wound i feel like is spilting... actually i had bad cough when i was discharge... but now no more cough but is still so painful.. even when i stand....

Hi angelwendy,

for some mummies its not uncommon to feel it's v pain at the vulva wound after they delivered as each individual went thru different lenght of duration n impact of the labour. U must wash with the procanol liquid med given by ur doc each time I go to the toilet ok? It's v impt to keep ur wound clean else easily get infected.

Try not to take eggs, seafood, chicken at this point in time as it impede the recovery if ur dedicate wound. But if it still hurts badly, pls see ur Gynae soon. May be a caseof infection. Not scaring u but jus letting u know..

Take care n have a Great confinemt :)

Last edited:

Pamper

Yup.. if you are using procanol or dettol already then it would be best for u to advice from your gynae.. if not then u can try using it and c how..

PinkDiamonds

Try to wash the area everytime after u pee. Or if it's painful, u can have running water down ur area as u pee. I find it helps to relieve the pain.

shiyi

run the area with water and keep it dry at all times..r there any weird colour discharge? try to face there into the mirror den observe the wound..

chowlm

You're a first time mom right, don't worry when come to the 2nd one, it will not be too painful. In the mean time, I suggest u don't sit or stand too long to reduce the pressure acting on the wound. Take more vegetables and fruit to help to heal the wound faster. My gyn presecribed Vit C for me. If u really need to sit for a longer period, put a rubber ring on the seat before sitting. Don't get the swimming ring coz it will burst. U can get those rubber ring from the pharmacy.

angelwendy

how do you clean your wound? did you use procanol or dettol to disinfect?

Yes i did use procanol everytime i go toliet.. & also i make sure i wash everytime also... hmm.. maybe gotta wait a while more & see how...:err:

cmeilim

oh dear, do u have another appt coming up with your gynae? if it's still some time away and you can't bear with the pain, suggest you see your gynae sooner to get him to check your wound. the wound could have torn if u had had been coughing very hard.

iwan2noe

You're a first time mom right, dont't worry when come to the 2nd one, it will not be too painful. In the mean time, I suggest you dont't sit or stand too long to reduce the pressure acting on the wound. Take more vegetables and fruit to help to heal the wound faster. My gyn presecribed Vit C for me. If you really need to sit for a longer period, put a rubber ring on the seat before sitting. dont't get the swimming ring coz it will burst. you can get those rubber ring from the pharmacy.

I saw it selling at sgh pharmacy at $20+.
it is catered specifically for pple who has gone thru op..

Pamper

Yes i did use procanol everytime i go toliet.. & also i make sure i wash everytime also... hmm.. maybe gotta wait a while more & see how...:err:
Oh ya.. try not to put alot of procanol on cotton wool and dab.. i realise when i use alot it hurts alot more.. i put around 5 cent size then apply is more comfortable for me.. n normally i use 2 cotton ball each time i go toilet.. my wound healed at ard 3 weeks..

Oppsgal

C-sect? If it is C-sect will takes a longer time to heal. For me, after half a year sometimes still pain at wound.

jean1986

hey, my gynae didnt give me anything to wash. she said to wash with warm water. mine was quite painless from the 4th day onwards. i took painkillers for the first few days though..

Mummy to Baby V

I did not have an episiotomy, baby tore me a bit, so had a few stitches. Only a little painful in the first week and bearable without painkiller.

My home-visit nurse advised me to wear cotton panties instead of the disposable ones, for full breathability.

Washing often and keeping the area dry is very important.

I gave birth to my baby boy in last December and I had the same problem with you - painful wound after many days. Eating painkillers and washing the wound with antiseptic don't help at all!

I went back to my gynae and found out that the wound was actually infected! There's no discharge from the wound but there is a swelling cos all the pus is 'trapped' inside the wound. I suggest you go back to your gynae asap.