myanmar maid renewal passport

pmcheng

Hi Happymummy81, have u managed to renew your Myanmar maid's passport? I heard they need to pay income tax to their govt ($25/mth for every mth they work here). My maid is going back home and I'm wondering what documents she needs to bring to embassy to do this. Any advice?

Dear Mummies,
For myanmar helper’s passport renewal steps as below:-

1) Either bring them to cityhall’s Pennisula plaza to look for shops that help them to book appointment with their embassy to take number. They will pass them form to fill up after appointment is made. And bring it to embassy on that day of appointment. Waiting time 2 weeks. But can ask for earlier dates but perhaps needs to pay more.
Service charges:- $10

2) Do online for them provided you know how to key in myanmar lang using hp or computer
Link as below:-
http://www.consularappointment.sg/ConsularAppt/Create
Can choose any dates of your convenience.

3)Go directly to embassy but must be early.
Charges:- biometric system- $20
New passport:- $35

Docs requires:-
• Original & photocopy of WP
• Original & photocopy of passport (photo pg & observation pg)
• Ask them to get an extra form from the information counter for convertion of PV to PJ

PS: Ask your helper to find out their Identity number including their parents which is difference from their passport number. ie, ask them to call home if they cannot remember. Missing this they are not able to process the renewal. Identity number is super important.

Nothing about the income tax.

It will take a day to do the renewal. First half is for application submission from 8am; 2nd for collection of passport which is 2.30pm onwards

Hope the informations are useful.