Nappies

Astar

Rem to wash the nappies at least 3 times before letting baby use for the first time. There's a layer of chemical or something on the cloth which has to be washed off. After that, nappies should be soft also.
Oh.. thanks for sharing! :Dancing_wub:

Domique

I personally used nappies before but revert back to disposables ones. I used them becoz i wanna air bb's buttocks. Used them from abt 9am to 6pm then rest of the time use disposable. But I was then calcuating, 9-6 the most i use 3-4 disposable if 3 hourly change. The cost will be abt 4 x $0.25 = a dollar a day. but the effort using nappies, changing, folding, washing and not forgetting the cost of nappy liners, water, electricity and effort and time to wash and soak... sigh... in the end, i surrender to disposable ones...

My bb can sleep better too... not like when he use nappies, i disturb his sleep always once he pee as I think its very wet and sometimes aircon room may feel cold.... esp when he is a light sleeper.

but must take more care and not be lazy to apply barrier cream and wash his genitals more frequently.

:)

gzifa

ya. i read somewhere must wash a few times.

my house air-con dead many mths liao. hahah im more worried my baby gonna sweat bigtime. lately sembawang soooo warm!

Astar

I personally used nappies before but revert back to disposables ones. I used them becoz i wanna air bb's buttocks. Used them from abt 9am to 6pm then rest of the time use disposable. But I was then calcuating, 9-6 the most i use 3-4 disposable if 3 hourly change. The cost will be abt 4 x $0.25 = a dollar a day. but the effort using nappies, changing, folding, washing and not forgetting the cost of nappy liners, water, electricity and effort and time to wash and soak... sigh... in the end, i surrender to disposable ones...

My bb can sleep better too... not like when he use nappies, i disturb his sleep always once he pee as I think its very wet and sometimes aircon room may feel cold.... esp when he is a light sleeper.

but must take more care and not be lazy to apply barrier cream and wash his genitals more frequently.

:)
Not to forget the cost of nappy liners...

Sigh.. quite regret buying the nappies actually...

haha. first time being mummy here. and am quite ignorant to all this stuff cause of my age.
but my mama insist on using nappies instead of pampers. and my papa just told me the other day, when bb come out, dont buy pampers, use nappies. his reason is, cause newborns are quite 'soft'. use nappies would be better til bb grows more stable and 'harder'. if not bb legs will like open open cause of the pampers? dont know how true is that but sounds quite logical. and i guess its better to listen to them cause after all, they're the experienced ones.
however. i guess the main reason for people to use nappies is to save cost.
will be following my mama's advice for my precious. cause i really have no idea on how to take care of a newborn. and mama has bring up me n my brother, strong and healthy. guess some of the olden 'tricks' really works. me and my brother has super strong bodies. we dont fall ill at all since young. even if we do, we dont go to the doc and in 2days, we're fine again. can eat junks, play in the rain, all sorts of rubbish. really hope my precious can be like us, with good strong bodies. it hurts so much seeing others bb fall sick already, let alone own bb..