National Geographic Channel Young Explorer Programme - Visit by The Explorer Bus

Hello!

As part of National Geographic Channel Singapore’s inaugural education initiative, the National Geographic Channel Young Explorer Programme (NGC YEP), Singapore’s first-ever mobile garden will be bringing nature-learning all over Singapore – and its first stop will be Jurong Regional Library on 13[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2013, 11am – 1pm.

The theme of the Explorer Bus is ‘Nature Trail’ and it endeavours to bring nature right to where Singapore’s young explorers are. It is designed to mimic a path through a jungle, where young explorers can get to learn more about the interesting natural world. The path is lined with artificial turf, and specially laid-out as an educational trail where visitors get to read informative tags displaying plant information. The bus also features timber benches, which are natural wood products derived from trees, and a total of 57 or more myriad plants seen across its three main segments: the bromeliad and airplant garden, the cactus garden, and the fernery garden.

Artificial fauna has been included as well to enhance the overall experience. Imagine butterflies, insects and special sound effects that you’ll only get to see and hear in a jungle! Even natural light has been minimised such that only some can penetrate through the foliage, in order to replicate the real atmosphere of a jungle.

Here is the schedule of The Explorer’s Bus for 13[SUP]th[/SUP] and 14[SUP]th[/SUP] April :

13[SUP]th[/SUP] April
Jurong Regional Library : 11am – 1pm
Tampines Regional Library: 2pm – 4pm

14[SUP]th[/SUP] April
Queenstown Public Library: 11am – 1pm
Science Centre Singapore: 2pm – 4pm

For more information on the NGC YEP, please visit Young Explorer | National Geographic Channel

Mark those dates on your calendar, and come on down to experience nature! :eek:

dessydell

Thanks for sharing such a nice think. I had visited this it is really awesome. I got so many things from this National Geographic Channel Young Explorer Programme. Please tell me when this programme I will attend it.