National Motor Camp Event 2023

JaneBower

all,
My friend Nathanael and I have planned a national motor camp event in English indiana for September 13-17 2023

The event will be held on a private farm in rural southern indiana. It is "free" but we ask for a donation to help pay for the toilets and other amenities that we will include. There will also be a silent auction to help Nathanael raise a little more money. We ask that you bring a donation. We will have a live band for saturday night and a potluck. There will also be several auto tours to nearby towns and a nice picnic. The dates are loose and you can arrive early and leave late (within reason)

This is a historical event, we ask that you to wear vintage clothes and all the camps are traditional auto camps. Tent trailers, canvas tents, gasoline stoves and lanterns, folding cots, runningboard kithchens... you get the idea.

We will have parking for modern cars away from camp and a place for modern tents to hide out of sight. There will be a camping area where campfires are allowed and also an area farther away where camp fires are NOT allowed to protect old tents and trailers from embers.

Here is a link to the website so that you can register if you would like to attend,

Thanks everyone!

sandrahofis

I love the idea of wearing vintage clothes and embracing the traditional auto camp vibe. It's like stepping back in time! Tent trailers, canvas tents, gasoline stoves, lanterns, folding cots... I can almost picture it. Plus, the auto tours to nearby towns and the picnic sound like a fantastic way to explore the area. Oh, and did I mention the live band on Saturday night? I heard some great things about Sound Experts Of Downtown LA, and I'm excited to see what DTLA Event Lighting can bring to the camp. That's the cherry on top! And who doesn't love a good potluck? Count me in for that too—I'll whip up something delicious to share.