Natural Birth, Anyone?

I also want to give birth naturally but situation didn't allow me to. I gave birth through CS. But I admire those mommy who was able to. :)

verieying

I also want to give birth naturally but situation didn't allow me to. I gave birth through CS. But I admire those mommy who was able to. :)
hi sweetflame, most importantly, baby and u are healthy and safe! if u are thinking of having another, can always try again thenext round? ;)

hanaabi

Hi all mommies and babies!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

These are days made even more special, with our bundles of joy to spend it with us, whether they are in our tummy or out! :D

Enjoy and have lots of fun!

hanaabi

Hey mommies,

I found some resources from this website for this book called Pushed (Birth) by Jennifer Block!

Please take some time to read them. These are extremely important information for both you and your child!

What's a Pushed Birth and How to Avoid Having One
The Truth about the Use of Pain Relief Drugs during labor
Truth about VBAC - Moms Can Have a Natural Birth After a Previous Cesarean Birth
What the Medical Providers Are Not Telling You - How Some Maternity Care Practices Will Do You Harm

Last edited:

ast0212

Hey mommies,

I found some resources from this website for this book called Pushed (Birth) by Jennifer Block!

Please take some time to read them. These are extremely important information for both you and your child!

Truth about VBAC - Moms Can Have a Natural Birth After a Previous Cesarean Birth
What the Medical Providers Are Not Telling You - How Some Maternity Care Practices Will Do You Harm
Thanks for sharing the links hanaabi!! They're a great read!

I'm surprised by the statistics in What's a Pushed Birth....so glad I had my first baby in a hospital that didn't strap me down to a monitor and let me push when I felt the urge, as well as letting me get into a comfortable upright position!!

carolinaw

Hey mommies,

hey hanaabi, I am glad to see you here again. How about your christmas holiday? And thanks for sharing useful links, really very very important for me. Happy new year and lots and lots of thanks again.

hanaabi

Hi ladies,

You're welcome. :)

Christmas was fun! I hope you had a good time during Christmas too!

Wishing you all an early Happy New Year!

clap

hanaabi,

What is your take on episiotomy for first birth? Gynae and nurses seem to advocate it a lot but I don't feel good about it.

JuliaKT

Hi Hanaabi and all mommies,

I'm also planning to give birth in natural. Since this is my first baby, I'm not sure what to look for and what to avoid. Reading and watching about natural birth seems not easy and I feel scare. So now, I stopped watching about it..

Thanks to you all for sharing your experience here and that make me movitivated to still considering on natural birth. :D

It's good to hear from experience moms and advcing do's and don'ts durint the birth with many other references to read.

By the way, any suggestion on the prenatal classes? I don't know where to attend and what to expect. Thinking that attending some classes would give me a chance to know more about pregnancy and better preparation. :D

hanaabi

hanaabi,

What is your take on episiotomy for first birth? Gynae and nurses seem to advocate it a lot but I dont't feel good about it.
Hi clap,

If you don't feel good about it and don't want it then you HAVE to write it in your birth plan.

Apologies for using caps lock because I don't know how else to stress on the importance of it.

What The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists say is that episiotomy "is not always necessary" and "should not be considered routine."

Episiotomies are said to provide the following benefits:

Speed up the birth
Prevent Tearing
Protects against incontinence
Protects against pelvic floor relaxation
Heals easier than tears

These all appear to be valid reasons but the fact is, that medical research has not proven any of these benefits. In fact, in some of the cases, the opposite is actually true. Episiotomies can actually cause harm. Though there will always be small percentage of women for whom episiotomy is beneficial.

Our vaginal is the most amazing organ and able to expand a lot and then return to its original size. While full dilation is said to be at 10cm, it can go beyond that. So there are moms I know with babies bigger than mine and never had a tear!

Even when tearing happen, a natural tear heals better and faster than a surgical one, which is a sharp cut without skin overlapping to aid healing.

I didn't even know or felt that I had a tear. It's just like when we had a paper cut, we feel it, it goes away and then we probably won't feel it until we see it again. Whereas when we know that someone is going to cut us, we will anticipate it, we know it's bound to be pain and so it will be!

It's the Law of Expectancy.

Just to warn mommies going to give birth. The same rule applies to labour. If we expect it to be painful. It will be.

You can go the other route like I did.

If you need help with drafting your birth plan, feel free to approach me for a consultation. ;)

hanaabi

Hi Hanaabi and all mommies,

I'm also planning to give birth in natural. Since this is my first baby, I'm not sure what to look for and what to avoid. Reading and watching about natural birth seems not easy and I feel scare. So now, I stopped watching about it..

Thanks to you all for sharing your experience here and that make me movitivated to still considering on natural birth. :D

It's good to hear from experience moms and advcing do's and don'ts durint the birth with many other references to read.

By the way, any suggestion on the prenatal classes? I don't know where to attend and what to expect. Thinking that attending some classes would give me a chance to know more about pregnancy and better preparation. :D
Hi Julia,

I'm glad you find all the sharing and advice useful. :)

Stop watching the natural birth videos is a right move. At least not those. Now that you mention that, I think I should really link some videos of the really nice experience of natural birth so that you ladies can have a nice reference of childbirth! Let me pull out some videos from my resource.

I'm a childbirth educator and I do conduct classes sharing things that I've shared here so far and much more.

If what I'm providing you has opened your eyes to childbirth and you'd like to learn more from me, I'd love to teach you and prepare you for your birth. :)

Last edited:

verieying

Hello mummiez!

i have given birth 3 weeks ago... natural w gas...

sorry dudn't post earlier as i have been so very bz w bb hardly hv time to surf except for fb on my tiny mobile...

am lucky that my earlier co tractions are not painful, or that painful, but that means that i lie in the labour ward overnight after warding after i hv my show - 4th kid and short labour in earlier preg hence gynae warned me to ward once i hv show...

however, end up i couldnt sleep but just lie down e whole night till gynae came next dayand burst my water bag and gv me a tiny dose of induction med as my cobtractions too mild though strong enough to dilate me e the whole night to 6 cm...

so glad i hv only gas this round as prev. had gas and thigh jab...

Jia you all mummies!Jia you! :Dancing_wub:

JuliaKT

Hello mummiez!

sorry dudn't post earlier as i have been so very bz w bb hardly hv time to surf except for fb on my tiny mobile...

am lucky that my earlier co tractions are not painful, or that painful, but that means that i lie in the labour ward overnight after warding after i hv my show - 4th kid and short labour in earlier preg hence gynae warned me to ward once i hv show...

however, end up i couldnt sleep but just lie down e whole night till gynae came next dayand burst my water bag and gv me a tiny dose of induction med as my cobtractions too mild though strong enough to dilate me e the whole night to 6 cm...

Congratulations, verieying :)

Dilys

Hello mummiez!

Hi...

Congrats dear !! Wow ... Laughing gas really works?? U don't feel like vomiting ??